TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 04:46 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Quick post to kick off the week.

I'm planning a Sun/Tu/Th schedule this week. The Thurs may need to be changed to Friday but we'll see when we get there. Thus, did my workout yesterday. Feeling it in the legs today. And T-pushups along w/ spiderman pushups are quite a challenge!

Starting a fast tonight. Doing BF% tomorrow morning.

That's all for now...gotta get some work done here!
Hi Heather

looks like you got it all sorted and starting off really strong. Need to take a look at the hotel workouts, those could be useful for me when overseas in the next month. I am finding spiderman pushups tough at the moment.

Well done for being organised, good to have a schedule and now what you are doing, I am such an organise freak, I need to know what I am doing and when!

how do you measure you bf% do you use calipers or get it done for you, or do you use a forumla? there seems to be so many different ways of doing it.

keep up the great work Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Thanks Jami, Rob and Katie for stopping by.

I had my BF% done today by my exercise science colleague. We used the BIA (some electrical impedance thing - supposed to be most accurate). It came out to 21.8% which is up from the 21% it was at in the beginning of April. But since my weight is also up and w/ certain clothes it is obvious that they don't fit the same way, I'm not surprised. He told me that it is "really good for my age" (he's the same age as me, so no cut intended there). Ha-ha.

This just establishes a baseline. I know the key is the eating and now that I'm back to fasting and focusing on my portion sizes and eating only when hungry AND avoiding the after-dinner snacking, I know it will all come back into place.

So tonight I have hotel room workout B on schedule. I'm in the middle of a fast, which will normally occur on Mon & Thurs but since I had to refrain from food/water for the BF% for at least 4 hours before, I figured I'd just do a fast today instead of yesterday. My goal for this evening is no snacking after my fast has ended which shouldn't be too tough since we won't eat until after 7:00 anyway w/ soccer tonight.

No off-day activity yesterday (shame on me) but w/ kid's soccer, homework and the like it was 9:00 before they were even in bed and I was busy all the way up until then (excuses, excuses). So, I'll have to aim for some bike-riding w/ my son again tomorrow night.

That's all for now. Have a lovely day, everyone!

Old 09-13-2011, 04:37 PM

Sounds like everything is coming together! Eating when hungry and stopping when full are the fundamentals of staying trim. Crack that and you're golden.

Had a look at the hotel workouts and fancy them for later in the contest. Simple but effective, just how I like it!

Good luck avoiding the snacks
Old 09-13-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Sounds like everything is coming together! Eating when hungry and stopping when full are the fundamentals of staying trim. Crack that and you're golden.

Had a look at the hotel workouts and fancy them for later in the contest. Simple but effective, just how I like it!

Good luck avoiding the snacks
Thanks, Claire! I actually printed off earlier today a quote from fitgirl Jami (on Katie's thread) and I've put it on my work refrigerator; I will now go and put it on my pantry and our refrigerator. It totally discourages mindless/psychological/non-hungry eating. I hope it works!

So far so good today. I made the full 24 hours on my fast and then ate a salad for dinner (lots of good stuff...tomato, spinach, onion, some swiss cheese, walnuts, raisins, chicken, 1/2 an avocado and some pesto for 'dressing'). I then had a peach after dinner. Yum!

Also did the workout as planned - 5X through on the circuit and this time I remembered to do the jumping jacks afterwards. Didn't quite get 50 jacks in the 30 seconds like last time, but made it to 45 jacks each time.

Yes, Claire - hotel room workouts are simple (and conveniently quick) but also very effective. I will be feeling these exercises tomorrow! I highly recommend them if you are either 1-very busy or 2-in need of shorter workouts for any other reason (psychological break, for instance).

I'm going to look into some other circuit workouts since I only have one week left in the hotel room w/outs. Maye big 6? I've never done that one. Are there others that anyone can recommend? I can certainly hunt through them, but recommendations to point me in an initial direction are always welcome.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:39 PM

Nice job, Heather! I'm looking forward to your continued success in this one - you did a brilliant job in TC10.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 09-14-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Claire! I actually printed off earlier today a quote from fitgirl Jami (on Katie's thread) and I've put it on my work refrigerator; I will now go and put it on my pantry and our refrigerator. It totally discourages mindless/psychological/non-hungry eating. I hope it works!

So far so good today. I made the full 24 hours on my fast and then ate a salad for dinner (lots of good stuff...tomato, spinach, onion, some swiss cheese, walnuts, raisins, chicken, 1/2 an avocado and some pesto for 'dressing'). I then had a peach after dinner. Yum!

Also did the workout as planned - 5X through on the circuit and this time I remembered to do the jumping jacks afterwards. Didn't quite get 50 jacks in the 30 seconds like last time, but made it to 45 jacks each time.

Yes, Claire - hotel room workouts are simple (and conveniently quick) but also very effective. I will be feeling these exercises tomorrow! I highly recommend them if you are either 1-very busy or 2-in need of shorter workouts for any other reason (psychological break, for instance).

I'm going to look into some other circuit workouts since I only have one week left in the hotel room w/outs. Maye big 6? I've never done that one. Are there others that anyone can recommend? I can certainly hunt through them, but recommendations to point me in an initial direction are always welcome.
Hi Heather.. I've just started big 6 and I know Katie is doing it and maybe a few others.. so far I can say i like it. I'm also throwing in Abs 1000 on one "off" day.. It's the usual..looks easy on paper scenario.. now my legs are still feeling it from Monday's workout..I was looking into 15 minute express workout too before I derailed in August.. I think that one looks good too..
Old 09-14-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Hi Heather.. I've just started big 6 and I know Katie is doing it and maybe a few others.. so far I can say i like it. I'm also throwing in Abs 1000 on one "off" day.. It's the usual..looks easy on paper scenario.. now my legs are still feeling it from Monday's workout..I was looking into 15 minute express workout too before I derailed in August.. I think that one looks good too..
Funny that so many people are cycling back to the big 6. Maybe it's an oldie (relatively speaking, of course) but it must be a goodie if so many people are doing it. I'll have to check out the abs 1000 - that's a great idea to do something extra on an off day. It might help my off days become more than just run here, run there and then realize that it's time to go to bed since the day is gone and I'm a walking zombie! I haven't even had the 15 minute express come on my radar at all, so I'll definitely have to check that out - thanks for the suggestions!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Nice job, Heather! I'm looking forward to your continued success in this one - you did a brilliant job in TC10.
Thanks, Gerry. I know the key is the nutrition and my brain is wired right now to make this all work, so I'm definitely going to give it my all!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:58 AM

So I managed to NOT eat anything else last night after concluding my fast w/ dinner and a piece of fruit. Yeah...small victories lead to larger ones!

I'm working at home right now for the morning and it's mostly computer work. My goal thus is to keep the refrigerator and pantry from calling my name. Computer work is the activity that makes me want to eat for no other reason than I get antsy after awhile. So...when the antsy feeling kicks in, I plan to go outside for a bit of a break w/ my dogs.

So far today I've had a piece of cheese and a handful of grapes (I was getting together my son's afternoon snack and the combo sounded yummy) and then I had a rather small serving of my strange breakfast concoction that I eat on the days I don't feel like eating eggs or don't have any leftover and don't have time to make more. Lately this has been my breakfast more often than not: cottage cheese, either raw oats or oat bran, some almond milk so it's not all thick and lumpy (ick), a scoop of protein powder, and some kind of fruit mixed in - nectarine, peach, plum, strawberries, blueberries, melon, 1/2 a banana, etc. - and on occasion, I toss in some pecans. Today my fruit was peach, I used the oat bran, and no nuts.

My goal for week 2 (starting today) is to eat less of the 'extras' than I ate last week. I looked back and while I didn't eat excessive amounts of snacky foods, I did include something on 5 of 7 of the days - a cookie here one day, a cookie there another day, etc.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
So I managed to NOT eat anything else last night after concluding my fast w/ dinner and a piece of fruit. Yeah...small victories lead to larger ones!

I'm working at home right now for the morning and it's mostly computer work. My goal thus is to keep the refrigerator and pantry from calling my name. Computer work is the activity that makes me want to eat for no other reason than I get antsy after awhile. So...when the antsy feeling kicks in, I plan to go outside for a bit of a break w/ my dogs.

So far today I've had a piece of cheese and a handful of grapes (I was getting together my son's afternoon snack and the combo sounded yummy) and then I had a rather small serving of my strange breakfast concoction that I eat on the days I don't feel like eating eggs or don't have any leftover and don't have time to make more. Lately this has been my breakfast more often than not: cottage cheese, either raw oats or oat bran, some almond milk so it's not all thick and lumpy (ick), a scoop of protein powder, and some kind of fruit mixed in - nectarine, peach, plum, strawberries, blueberries, melon, 1/2 a banana, etc. - and on occasion, I toss in some pecans. Today my fruit was peach, I used the oat bran, and no nuts.

My goal for week 2 (starting today) is to eat less of the 'extras' than I ate last week. I looked back and while I didn't eat excessive amounts of snacky foods, I did include something on 5 of 7 of the days - a cookie here one day, a cookie there another day, etc.
Good for you!! It sounded like you had a very successful fast! I am going to have to try this! I have been doing some excessive snacking too. I made DH and DS some cranberry bread and I had a couple pieces of it. I felt like a snacking machine yesterday! I have had a lot of things on my mind lately and I'm not dealing with it appropriately. Oh well. Today is a new day right!? So, Your goals for this next week sounds great! I think I'll partake in that

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal