TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
I don't think I could eat out everyday. Today and last night I did and while the food was healthy and I didn't overeat, it just doesn't feel right to eat out so much. I'm glad, Rob, that if it's something you do or have to do daily, that you have it figured out!
I work 25 miles from home. I like the grocery store deli. I can make any kind of salad that I want to. Today is $5.00 Friday (every Friday).....$5.35 big plate of salad and Caribou coffee...........never have anything fried.....ever.....doesnt matter where I go and we hit Wendys, Arbys, Subway, Culvers and the grocery store during the week.........I usually have the same thing and the folks that work at those places know it. Wendys is the baked potato and chili, Arbys is the Farmhouse salad with light Italian, Subway is a foot long veg delight without cheese, or 6 inch double roast beef and Seattle's Best, coffee, Culvers is the Cashew Chicken salad with Raspberry Vinagarette......so, i kinda have it figured out....Rob

Last edited by RobB : 12-09-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:20 AM

Hi Heather! North Carolina huh? I guess I didn't know where you lived.. I think is is SO beautiful around the east coast! Although I have never been there, just seen pics from people that HAVE been there. We have been eating out often too.. and often is just a couple times in the last month. Seems so expensive to so. Yesterday DH and I went to lunch with his parents and the bill was $67! His parents paid.. but I got the tip, LOL

I hope your having a great weekend! Did, or do you have any plans? Bill is back to work today and I have the weekend off. I might go get some Christmas shopping done.. *sigh* seems like a never ending project.. I have a couple more people left to buy for then I'm done.. My son asked for expensive things such as Xbox games, which are around $59! So much easier when he was 5, and he just wanted action figure guys, LOL

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 PM

Kind of a lazy weekend, Jami. I did my workout and really don't feel like I did much else... Played with the kids, cleaned, laundry...the usual weekend activities. Ate lots of junk...okay, maybe not lots but more than I have over the past 14 weeks. I surely can say, though, that I got it out of my system!

Old 12-12-2011, 06:27 PM

Smile

Quote:
I felt like a slacker in everyone posting on my thread and me not having the chance to post on everyone else's. But I remedied that problem! I am giving an exam right now and until they turn it in (oops, one just turned an exam in!) I don't have much else to do...so I figured it was a good time to catch up on posts.

I'm doing a fast...still sticking with 2 fasts per week for the moment. I've eaten "out" 5 times in 10 days - crazy, huh? So I figured that 2 fasts/week were still needed. I still have 3 more lunches and 1 more dinner outing planned for the next week. I definitely need those fasts to keep me in line! Oh, holidays...why must you be so much about eating?!
Hi Heather

I hear you on the eating out at this time of year, it just seems to be one social function after another. we were out Friday night, then had friends round on Sat night, then at other firends on Sunday night. Monday was a staff lunch and today was another staff lunch (but I got out of the one today!). My stomach is actually really sore from all this food and I think I have put weight on already!

I am trying to be healthty, but yesterday the healhiest thing on the menu was eggs benedict which would not have been too bad if they did not put so much hollandaise sauce on it. Even the salads has cripspy fried noodles in them!

Now I am trying to do a fast today to balance it out a bit, just hoping I can make it through to 6pm, it feels very tough today.

You are looking fabulous, you come such a long way and worked so hard, hope you are selected as a finalist

Cheers for now Katie
Old 12-13-2011, 11:20 AM

Default You know it's an awesome workout when...

Yesterday's workout was totally awesome and while I was doing the workout I kept thinking about how awesome it was. The mantra, "you know it's an awesome workout when..." kept running through my head. Here is how I knew it was awesome: (Hokey? I don't care! )

You know it's an awesome workout when...
  • the weights you increased from the previous workout feel light and you wonder why you didn't increase them even more
  • the kettle bell you're swinging feels so light (even though it's not) that you cruise through 200 kettle bell swings without stopping
  • you don't need to go to "that inner place in your head" to keep you mental game up so that you can get through the tough spot in the workout because there is no tough spot
  • you are working out so vigorously that you need to cool off so you stand outside in 30F weather wearing a tank top and shorts while doing kettle bell swings and body weight squats
  • you do 50 consecutive, well controlled stability ball jackknifes without feeling even a slight twinge of pain in your ab muscles
  • when you're workout is over, you think, "done already?" and then look at the clock to see you've been going strong for 40 minutes
And that's the kind of workout I had last night! That's just how awesome it was! Yee-haw!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Yesterday's workout was totally awesome and while I was doing the workout I kept thinking about how awesome it was. The mantra, "you know it's an awesome workout when..." kept running through my head. Here is how I knew it was awesome: (Hokey? I don't care! )
  • the weights you increased from the previous workout feel light and you wonder why you didn't increase them even more
  • the kettle bell you're swinging feels so light (even though it's not) that you cruise through 200 kettle bell swings without stopping
  • you don't need to go to "that inner place in your head" to keep you mental game up so that you can get through the tough spot in the workout because there is no tough spot
  • you are working out so vigorously that you need to cool off so you stand outside in 30F weather wearing a tank top and shorts while doing kettle bell swings and body weight squats
  • you do 50 consecutive, well controlled stability ball jackknifes without feeling even a slight twinge of pain in your ab muscles
  • when you're workout is over, you think, "done already?" and then look at the clock to see you've been going strong for 40 minutes And that's the kind of workout I had last night! That's just how awesome it was! Yee-haw!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:43 PM

Smile

Quote:

• when you're workout is over, you think, "done already?" and then look at the clock to see you've been going strong for 40 minutes
And that's the kind of workout I had last night! That's just how awesome it was! Yee-haw!
Wow Heather most definitely an awesome workout!! you go girl

still going strong even after the contest finished, that's fantastic! a real TT er
Old 12-14-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Heather

I hear you on the eating out at this time of year, it just seems to be one social function after another. we were out Friday night, then had friends round on Sat night, then at other firends on Sunday night. Monday was a staff lunch and today was another staff lunch (but I got out of the one today!). My stomach is actually really sore from all this food and I think I have put weight on already!

I am trying to be healthty, but yesterday the healhiest thing on the menu was eggs benedict which would not have been too bad if they did not put so much hollandaise sauce on it. Even the salads has cripspy fried noodles in them!
Yeah, I had a Christmas party today at work. I did get tempted by one dessert and did eat it all, but I'll just sub that out for one of my weekend allotments. Tomorrow I'm off w/ a friend to do some shopping (and eat out, of course) at consignment stores in Raleigh, NC. She's lost 30 lbs in the past 3 months and while her clothes range over a large variety of sizes, she doesn't have much at this size anymore. She did it all by diet; I need to push the exercise tomorrow. I'm worried she has lost muscle mass. We only differ at this point by about 6 lbs but I look a lot thinner and I'm guessing am wearing a much smaller size. Anyway, I may find some clothes, too! I only have one pair of jeans that really fit well now and I bought them about a month ago. The others stretch out w/in 10 minute of putting them on and then I have to go add a belt or I spend the day pulling them up. I don't mind and I'm not in any hurry to get more clothes, but I'll certainly look tomorrow if the price can't be beat!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Wow Heather most definitely an awesome workout!! you go girl

still going strong even after the contest finished, that's fantastic! a real TT er
Thanks! Those are two of my goals that I often overlook in the midst of trying to lose the last bits of fat from my target areas: to be strong and to be in shape!

I did my last Meatheads IV Jacked & Lean workout tonight. I highly recommend this workout if you like to do kettlebell or dumbbell swings and if you like a challenge.

I'm fairly well settled on Metabolic Finishers next, but I have 2 days so who knows if that's where I will truly go next. I hear great things about it and of the workouts I printed off, it is definitely the one that keeps pulling me in!

Old 12-22-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Congrats on making it to the finals, Deb!
Congrats to you too.. you worked so hard.. well deserved!