TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Default Workouts!

TT for abs 2011 was great, and if you don't have straps the substitutions are very effective. Just yesterday as I was wrapping up the last session I was thinking, "This is a great fitness routine for women!"

I'm doing "Adrenaline" first because it just seems to be my kind of program:
Dense and Intense! Good for someone with exercise ADD. Not that that's me, but if you like to keep moving in the gym this could be for you. Also, it's different in its approach which works with the whole "Turbulence" philosophy.

Rapid results:

Last April I remember standing in Gold's Gym in Las Vegas and saying to John Barban,
"I just want to get rid of these last few pounds and really show some definition."

He looked me in the eye (yes, he kind of had to lean down to do that, I'm so short) and said,
"It's your diet."

#@#$%! I thought. He's right. Just like Craig has said so many times, once you accept how hard it is it gets simple.

No, we don't have to starve, and you should see how much food I can have for 1200 calories, but we must put our very best efforts into staying honest about food! You're doing ESE so you have a powerful tool for this.

I'm going to be doing a "Dukan Fast" one day a week. Lean protein and fat free dairy only, but I do get to eat. This time it's all about effectiveness though.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 PM

TT for abs 2011 is on my list for this contest too.. probably the last 4 weeks..
I'm throwing in Abs 1000 at the moment once a week and feeling the pain..how's New Zuland.. ? warming up down there?
Old 09-10-2011, 12:07 AM

So glad for you win in TT#11 and so happy to make the next leg of the journey with you. I'll be cheering you on toward the direct route. I really think if you can get the eating figured out, your journey will be less scenic. And you definitely want to be able to show those brothers of yours what a lean, athletic sister they have!

Old 09-10-2011, 03:29 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
TT for abs 2011 was great, and if you don't have straps the substitutions are very effective. Just yesterday as I was wrapping up the last session I was thinking, "This is a great fitness routine for women!"

I'm doing "Adrenaline" first because it just seems to be my kind of program:
Dense and Intense! Good for someone with exercise ADD. Not that that's me, but if you like to keep moving in the gym this could be for you. Also, it's different in its approach which works with the whole "Turbulence" philosophy.

Rapid results:

Last April I remember standing in Gold's Gym in Las Vegas and saying to John Barban,
"I just want to get rid of these last few pounds and really show some definition."

He looked me in the eye (yes, he kind of had to lean down to do that, I'm so short) and said,
"It's your diet."

#@#$%! I thought. He's right. Just like Craig has said so many times, once you accept how hard it is it gets simple.

No, we don't have to starve, and you should see how much food I can have for 1200 calories, but we must put our very best efforts into staying honest about food! You're doing ESE so you have a powerful tool for this.

I'm going to be doing a "Dukan Fast" one day a week. Lean protein and fat free dairy only, but I do get to eat. This time it's all about effectiveness though.
Thanks Catherine, Yes I guess I know really what's holding me back, from losing those last final pounds too, It the little extra I allow myself!

But last week has been good and I have tried to cut out all sugar, stuck to whole foods, no processed, nothing out of a bag/box and no ALCOHOL!!

So far so good, will see how I get on with the next week!

Cheers for now Katie

ps I am still much shorter than you, I don't even make 5' I am only 4'10" !!
Old 09-10-2011, 03:32 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
TT for abs 2011 is on my list for this contest too.. probably the last 4 weeks..
I'm throwing in Abs 1000 at the moment once a week and feeling the pain..how's New Zuland.. ? warming up down there?
Hi Debz

Yes weather has been brilliant last few days, supposed to rain tomorrow though!

But last week has been really warm, it was a fabulous night last night for opening ceremony of Rugy world cup and I managed to watch it without having a beer or any wine!

I have been adding 6 mins abs to the end of my workout, might take a look at abs 1000 too. Gosh there are so many workouts, it's so hard to decide!

keep up you great work

Keep smiling Cheers Katie
Old 09-10-2011, 03:34 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
So glad for you win in TT#11 and so happy to make the next leg of the journey with you. I'll be cheering you on toward the direct route. I really think if you can get the eating figured out, your journey will be less scenic. And you definitely want to be able to show those brothers of yours what a lean, athletic sister they have!
Hi Heather

Yes definitely the nutrion side of things that needs work! I am trying to take the direct route this time around, well at least for the first 5 weeks, after that who knows, as I will be back in the UK and all the lovely food I miss will be on hand! Will need some plans on how to handle that, but I guess keeping on the TT forum will be a good start.

Hopefully I will be the lean athletic sister by the time I get back, that's what keeping me on the straight and narrow at the moment, just need to keep up going now!

glad to have you along too

Keep smiling Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-10-2011, 03:37 AM

Smile

Ok guys, just a quick update on my food for today: (Saturday) sorry guys have posted by days back to front here, just the way it worked out! I have posted Saturdya before I posted Friday, but am sure you will see what I mean.

Nutrition:

banana
poached eggs, 2 slices rye bread

10 almonds
carrot sticks

4oz chicken breast, salad, cuc, toms, cottage cheese

natural yogurt, unsweetened, with cinnamon
grapes

total cals for day 1249

Exercise

Workout B from Big 6 plus 6 mins abs and interval training

A) Side-to-Side Jumps – 8 reps per side (1-0-X)
B) Barbell Squat or 1-Leg Squat – 8 reps (3-0-1) - used 6kg for 1 leg squat
C) DB Row – 8 reps per side (2-0-1) 10kg used
D) DB Chest Press – 8 reps (3-0-1) - 7kg each hance
E) 1-Leg Stability Ball Leg Curl – 12 reps per side (1-0-1)
F) X-Body Mountain Climber – 12 reps per side (1-0-1)
• Rest 1-2 minutes before repeating the circuit 2 more times.

Interval Workout B

60 secs level 8 60 secs leve 3, done on statinary bike

followed by 6 mins Abs

Cheers for now Katie

Last edited by galaxy : 09-10-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:50 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Guys

WEll just a quick post before I have to do the School run, no work today, so I am:

1. going for a long walk
2. going to dentist - yukky
3. getting my ears suctioned - even more yuukky!!

Goals today:

1. fast util 6pm
2. drink green tea & water all day
3. don't wimp on the walk even though I am really tired
4. don't pig out when I finish the fast

that's ll now, will post more later

Cheers Katie
Just a quick update on Friday's day:

Denist went OK, only a check up and no worked needed so I didn't nee the bank loan (man dentists are mega expensive in NZ)

Ears sorted no problem, although right one is still a bit tender, but gosh I can hear so much better!

Walk was good went for an hour and did lots of hills too really steep ones.

Fasted until 7.15pm, so longer than planned, must admit I was getting grumpy by the time I sat down to eat something which was:

jacket potato, cottage cheese, tuna, salad, toms, cuc, spring onion, coriander

natural yoghurt unsweetened with cinnamon sprinkled on top

total cals for day: 684

The Rugby World Cup is being held in NZ this year and it was the opening ceremony last night, All Blacks v Tonga and I even managed to watch that without any alcohol

Ok onwards and upwards, need to carry on this good start to next week now too.

Keep Smiling Cheers Katie
Old 09-11-2011, 04:17 AM

Smile

Sunday

Exercise

Workout C from Big 6

A) Repeated Jumps 10 reps (1-0-X)
B) DB Split Squat 8 reps per side (2-0-1) with 8kg each hand
C) Spiderman Climb Pushup 8 reps per side (2-0-1)
D) Sternum Pullup Max reps (2-0-1) - did eccentric pullups x 5
E) DB Lateral Lunge 8 reps per side (2-0-1) with 9kg weight
F) Stability Ball Jackknife 20 reps (1-0-1)
Rest 1-2 minutes before repeating the circuit 2 more times.

also added 6 mins abs

then interval training 20 secs level 9 40 secs level 3 on the spin bike, x 8 intervals

Food

Porridge/skim milk
natural yoghurt/cinnamon

raw carrots/cottage cheese
grapes

dinner
roast chicken breast, no skin
steamed cabbage, broccoli, carrts, gravy

apple

total cals for day: 1003

I would not normally do 2 TT sessions on consecutive days but I can't make the gym tomorrow as my son is doing his grading for Karate and I have to be at work extra early for a meeting.

Feel quite tired today, so tomorrow will be yoga

Over & out for tonight Cheers Katie
Old 09-11-2011, 08:30 AM

YIKES Katie,
Your cals look pretty low the last couple of days for the workouts you are doing, especially.........dont get tooooo low and have it "backfire" on you!!!