TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 09:40 AM

Good Morning Randy~ Thats right! Never give up! Its the key to every successful person.

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-06-2011, 12:07 PM

Default Day 2 Update

Good morning everyone,

Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

I had a pretty good day yesterday, had a little cheat in the afternoon when I had some ice cream at the beach with my kids, so that will be my cheat for the week.

Nutrition was pretty good, with the exception of the previously mentioned ice cream.

I finished putting together my home weight bench and did my first workout of the challenge.

I did workout A of the TT Beginner Plan:

Warmup:
Prisoner Squats x 10
Kneeling Pushups x 8
Lying Hip Extension x 8 (I substituted these for the Stability Ball Leg Curls since I don't have enough core strength to do the SBLC's yet.)
DB Squats 20 lbs x 8
Regular Pushups x 5

Main Workout:
(2 Supersets Each)
DB Squats 25 lbs x 10
Regular Pushups x 8

DB Rows 25 lbs x 10 (need to increase this to 30 lbs for next time.)
Lying Hip Extensions x 12 (substituted for SLBC's.)

Ab Curl-ups x 10
Side Plank 15 seconds each side

I followed this with Beginner Interval workout A, 6 intevals of 30 seconds with 90 seconds of rest between them. I did my intevals on a stationary bike with the resistance on the hardest setting for the intervals, and 6 notches down from the hardest setting for the rest periods. I was sweating like crazy.

I'm going to burn a lot of calories today, I've sold my airplane to help out with my financial situation, and the guy is coming to pick it up today. I have to meet him at the airport, and since I can't drive, it means I have to ride my mountain bike 35 km each way. On the way, I'll probably stop and try and pick up the book firemedicrr mentioned.

I know being charged with impaired driving is a bad thing, but it actually has some hidden benefits. It was the catalyst to get me out of denial and into counselling, and because I will be walking and biking instead of driving I will be getting lots of exercise to help out with my physical fitness.

"Never, ever, ever give up."

Last edited by ShortWingPilot : 09-06-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:11 PM

Hi Randy! Very good to hear about seeling your airplane! It has been some hard times and I think everyone is struggling at some point. My husband is in school right now and he works as much as he can, but its no way near what it used to be. I bet you could totally increase those weights on your rows, I'd stretch it to 45#.. I bet you can do it!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Thanks for stopping by, shortwing. Andy is a great resource, here. The guy is a workout "aminal"........I think some people make a mistake or get injured or pig out or whatever, and then they figure "oh what the heck", and give up, thats why your title is so appropriate as well as being Craig's "mantra"......Rob
Old 09-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Default showing up is half the battle

You've come so far already, in realizing your issues, and facing them.

It is hard to stick with things when you feel impulsive. I totally understand where you stand, I seem to have those same issues. Luckily I never have enough money to invest in REALLY big stuff. ;-)

I have lots of hobbies sitting around half done, and as we type I'm debating on beefing up my home gym for this winter when I know I won't want to go drive to workout... and I'm a gadget girl... so that hobby adds up, even though I have free gym through the military... go figure...

I'm so impressed with you and your goals. To finish your education is very admirable.

I'll be looking for your daily posts, as I'm in Alaska, I'm sure it'll be well into your morning by the time I log in... perhaps you'd like a daily reminder to check in?

Best of luck

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:55 AM

Default Day 3 Update

Good morning everyone,

Thanks again for the encouragement. Sure, Amanda, it would be good to have a reminder to check in every day.

I had a pretty good day yesterday, it was a day off from working out, but I did a marathon bike ride. I'm sunburned and sore today, but I feel good.

The great thing is my airplane is sold and I have a cheque in my hand that will really help out the financial situation.

Nutrition was a little off due to my poor planning... I didn't bring enough food on my long bike ride and ended up eating out of a vending machine at the airport. Then at the end of the day we were pressed for time so went out to Wendy's for supper. I had chili and a baked potato, not the worst, but a salad probably would have been better.

I picked up the book that firemedicrr suggested (Making a Good Brain Great.) Started reading it last night, it's pretty interesting.

Tonight I'm going to have a tough time staying alcohol free. I'll be out of town for work and will probably go out for supper with the guys from work, which usually ends up at the bar. Still thinking about how I'm going to handle this, I'll probably go out for supper, but not drink, then go back to my room when the guys head for the bar.

"Never, ever, ever give up."
Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Hi Randy...thanks for posting on my thread.

You will enjoy bike riding. I used to walk 6-7 blocks from my car to work everyday. I work in a busy downtown district and parking comes at a premium (we're talking at least $10 a day, $20 at the most). We get parking reimbursements but its just not enough. So i like to park about 1.5 to 2 miles from work at a free parking spot and bike it, it's awesome.

Sorry to hear about the things you've been going through financially and your bouts with the booze. it's tough but you're doing the right things here...

we're here to support you all the way here...and i'm so glad to be a part of this contest because I get to read some inspiring stuff like yours, Randy...

Keep it going, Sir...I know you can do it.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortWingPilot View Post
Good morning everyone,

Thanks again for the encouragement. Sure, Amanda, it would be good to have a reminder to check in every day.

I had a pretty good day yesterday, it was a day off from working out, but I did a marathon bike ride. I'm sunburned and sore today, but I feel good.

The great thing is my airplane is sold and I have a cheque in my hand that will really help out the financial situation.

Nutrition was a little off due to my poor planning... I didn't bring enough food on my long bike ride and ended up eating out of a vending machine at the airport. Then at the end of the day we were pressed for time so went out to Wendy's for supper. I had chili and a baked potato, not the worst, but a salad probably would have been better.

I picked up the book that firemedicrr suggested (Making a Good Brain Great.) Started reading it last night, it's pretty interesting.

Tonight I'm going to have a tough time staying alcohol free. I'll be out of town for work and will probably go out for supper with the guys from work, which usually ends up at the bar. Still thinking about how I'm going to handle this, I'll probably go out for supper, but not drink, then go back to my room when the guys head for the bar.
Great job keeping up the daily posting so far - it really does help! And I love how you've titled your thread! Good luck staying alcohol free - you can do it, stay strong!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortWingPilot View Post
Good morning everyone,

Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

I had a pretty good day yesterday, had a little cheat in the afternoon when I had some ice cream at the beach with my kids, so that will be my cheat for the week.

Nutrition was pretty good, with the exception of the previously mentioned ice cream.

I finished putting together my home weight bench and did my first workout of the challenge.

I did workout A of the TT Beginner Plan:

Warmup:
Prisoner Squats x 10
Kneeling Pushups x 8
Lying Hip Extension x 8 (I substituted these for the Stability Ball Leg Curls since I don't have enough core strength to do the SBLC's yet.)
DB Squats 20 lbs x 8
Regular Pushups x 5

Main Workout:
(2 Supersets Each)
DB Squats 25 lbs x 10
Regular Pushups x 8

DB Rows 25 lbs x 10 (need to increase this to 30 lbs for next time.)
Lying Hip Extensions x 12 (substituted for SLBC's.)

Ab Curl-ups x 10
Side Plank 15 seconds each side

I followed this with Beginner Interval workout A, 6 intevals of 30 seconds with 90 seconds of rest between them. I did my intevals on a stationary bike with the resistance on the hardest setting for the intervals, and 6 notches down from the hardest setting for the rest periods. I was sweating like crazy.

I'm going to burn a lot of calories today, I've sold my airplane to help out with my financial situation, and the guy is coming to pick it up today. I have to meet him at the airport, and since I can't drive, it means I have to ride my mountain bike 35 km each way. On the way, I'll probably stop and try and pick up the book firemedicrr mentioned.

I know being charged with impaired driving is a bad thing, but it actually has some hidden benefits. It was the catalyst to get me out of denial and into counselling, and because I will be walking and biking instead of driving I will be getting lots of exercise to help out with my physical fitness.
Great job on the workout.

I too lost my ability of motored transportation when I was drinking. I had to ride my bike to/from work. I lost a ton of weight because of it (gained it all back but that's another story).

Hang there, keep at it and PM if you need anything.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Hey, I remember that workout- and my first intervals, oh boy. Wishing you great benefits on this journey. I hope your bike trip was safe and productive!