TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I was really nervous about posting my pics. But I'm glad I did it and it makes me accountable for everything I do and eat.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaona04 View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I was really nervous about posting my pics. But I'm glad I did it and it makes me accountable for everything I do and eat.
Dont worry about it.........everybody is here to help everybody else.....
Old 09-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
Hi Carmen! GOOD JOB ON POSTING YOUR PICS! My husband doens't support me very much on my diet either.. or in any sense in the terms of transformation. (I think he's worried that I'll lift heavier than him, hehe) He likes to eat too many goodies that are not figure flattering.
Along those lines, my wife is not supportive of me. She is heavy set and likes to buy "crap" to eat. Like yesterday, at our towns annual "reunion", she was going to go to a stand and get some icecream and then go home. I walked home and when she got there, she was eating a blizzard from DQ. I said "I thought you were going over to a food stand", and she said they didnt have chocolate........so, when I am there at evening meal, I eat whatever she prepares, just to avoid starting WWIII...............seems like there are always honey buns, breakfast cookies, regular cookies etc sitting around.......
Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Hi! My name is Carmen and I have been fat all my life. I lost a little weight in college and kept if off during my 4 years there. But once I got married I packed on 100 pounds very quickly, especially during the pregnancy of my daughter. After I gave birth to her my belly never went back to how it used to be. Now it's saggy and just hangs there. I hate it!! I was told the only thing I could do to get rid of it was through surgery. I didn't want surgery. But at the same time I was never motivated enough to get rid of it on my own. Until......

In December of 2010 something happened that made me WANT to change my body.

One day I was baking some brownies for a church dance that we were having. They smelled so good! When they were done I took them out to cool. I couldn't resist just trying a small piece. What harm would it do, right??!! Yeah, then I proceeded to eat half the pan. Pathetic, right? That's just what I thought too! I calculated that in those 5 minutes that I was scarfing down those brownies (double chocolate brownies) I had eaten 1600 calories. I went to my room so ashamed of myself! I began to think really hard about the person I had turned myself into. I didn't like her! I didn't like the body I was trapped in! I wanted OUT!!

So, I started doing some research to see what I needed to do to get rid of all this fat, especially this hanging belly of mine. I found Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove's book entitled New Rules of Lifting for Women. I started the program in February and finished in August. I lost 9 pounds and 10 inches off my belly area! Wow!! I feel great! But I haven't finished yet! I started out an obese woman and am only half way to my goal. That is why I entered this competition, to get myself even more motivated to reach my goals.

My goal is to give myself a new body, but even more that that, to give myself a new belly! I can do it and I am going to do it with Turbulence Training!!
Hi Carmen,
Just read your first post. You've made the best decision in your life to wanting to lose the weight. I read you followed Cosgrove's program...nice on you. Like Craig, he's one of the best in the business when it comes to fat loss. Nice to see you continuing to take on this journey with TT...
It should and not stop in this contest, ok? I know you will get results as long as you stick to it and stay accountable like you have been doing...
Welcome and let's do this.
Andy
Old 09-06-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Along those lines, my wife is not supportive of me. She is heavy set and likes to buy "crap" to eat. Like yesterday, at our towns annual "reunion", she was going to go to a stand and get some icecream and then go home. I walked home and when she got there, she was eating a blizzard from DQ. I said "I thought you were going over to a food stand", and she said they didnt have chocolate........so, when I am there at evening meal, I eat whatever she prepares, just to avoid starting WWIII...............seems like there are always honey buns, breakfast cookies, regular cookies etc sitting around.......
We could start a club ...

It's already hard enough when you have the support but when you're the only one at home doing this, it can get like walking through molasses! The irony to me is that they're actually living with someone who can help them make a change if they want to BUT they have to want it.

Remember though, it's always more about their own issues than about you.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 09-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
We could start a club ...
We should start a club, the non-supportive spouse club!

My husband and I started this year out really good, exercising and eating more fruits and veggies and less "crap". One day we went to the store to stock up more on the veggies and he decided to buy 10 pounds of cucumbers. Nobody could eat that amount before they went bad. He got really mad and told me that he wouldn't buy any more vegetables. For a while he held to that. I've worked on him since but it's still hard.

He also thinks that I don't need to exercise, I only need to drink tea and that I'll loose all the weight I need with that (if he only knew!!). I'm working on him! He's seen my results over the last 6 months. So hopefully with this new program I will reach my goals and he will be convinced that it really is all about diet and exercise!

Thank you all for the feedback and support!! You all are so great!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:

Well, I've decided that the best way to lead is by example so stay strong, make positive changes and when the people around you are ready, they'll know who to turn to.

You may not realise it at this point but people will get inspired by you even if they don't say anything and you can make a big change in peoples lives just by making a big change in yours.

Someone wise once said to me: "Pull, don't push" and I'm trying to follow that

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 09-06-2011, 09:49 PM

Hang in there Carmen. Proud of you for committing to change even without support. I'm fortunate enough to have a wife who, although isn't doing TT, is a healthy eater. We have our own dairy goat farm so we have fresh, raw milk. We try to eat as clean and organic as we can afford.

Good on you for posting your pics. It's very motivating. Wish you all the best.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Smile

Quote:

My husband and I started this year out really good, exercising and eating more fruits and veggies and less "crap". One day we went to the store to stock up more on the veggies and he decided to buy 10 pounds of cucumbers. Nobody could eat that amount before they went bad. He got really mad and told me that he wouldn't buy any more vegetables. For a while he held to that. I've worked on him since but it's still hard.

He also thinks that I don't need to exercise, I only need to drink tea and that I'll loose all the weight I need with that (if he only knew!!). I'm working on him! He's seen my results over the last 6 months. So hopefully with this new program I will reach my goals and he will be convinced that it really is all about diet and exercise!

Thank you all for the feedback and support!! You all are so great!
Hi Carmen,

I started my first TT contest, around this time last year and at that time my husband was not very supportive, he didn't really think that TT would work and thought it was a waste of money, he really scoffed at my idea!

Little did he know! And how the tables have turned!

That was contest number 9, I placed 2nd in the over 40 women, I have just been placed 1st in contest number 11. And guess who has been placed 3rd in mens under 40!!

Yes the said husband! And yes he has eaten his words!!

Believe me the proof is in TT program, stick with it, eat clean and you will get the results and honestly those results will speak louder than words for sure.

Keep strong and show them what you are made of

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Sounds like you're off to a good start Carmen, keep up the good work.

"Never, ever, ever give up."