TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2011, 01:22 PM

Default The hanging belly

Hi! My name is Carmen and I have been fat all my life. I lost a little weight in college and kept if off during my 4 years there. But once I got married I packed on 100 pounds very quickly, especially during the pregnancy of my daughter. After I gave birth to her my belly never went back to how it used to be. Now it's saggy and just hangs there. I hate it!! I was told the only thing I could do to get rid of it was through surgery. I didn't want surgery. But at the same time I was never motivated enough to get rid of it on my own. Until......

In December of 2010 something happened that made me WANT to change my body.

One day I was baking some brownies for a church dance that we were having. They smelled so good! When they were done I took them out to cool. I couldn't resist just trying a small piece. What harm would it do, right??!! Yeah, then I proceeded to eat half the pan. Pathetic, right? That's just what I thought too! I calculated that in those 5 minutes that I was scarfing down those brownies (double chocolate brownies) I had eaten 1600 calories. I went to my room so ashamed of myself! I began to think really hard about the person I had turned myself into. I didn't like her! I didn't like the body I was trapped in! I wanted OUT!!

So, I started doing some research to see what I needed to do to get rid of all this fat, especially this hanging belly of mine. I found Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove's book entitled New Rules of Lifting for Women. I started the program in February and finished in August. I lost 9 pounds and 10 inches off my belly area! Wow!! I feel great! But I haven't finished yet! I started out an obese woman and am only half way to my goal. That is why I entered this competition, to get myself even more motivated to reach my goals.

My goal is to give myself a new body, but even more that that, to give myself a new belly! I can do it and I am going to do it with Turbulence Training!!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:42 PM

:-) at all shapes and sizes we've all been there, standing over a tray of yummy baked goodness fresh from the oven and suddenly, "Oh my goodness, someone ate half (or all) of (fill in blank with favorite baked treat), but I'm the only one here... who ate it? Couldn't have been me?!?!?!?"

Sigh, I feel ya, sister. We are rooting for you as you get closer and closer, and finally, achieve your goal.

One quote I learned in weight watchers.... nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Its a bit of a mantra I use when i'm staring down at my baked treats for school functions for my kids, or whatnot.

If its for ME and I have a craving, as I tend to do from time to time, even though I'm kind of allergic, and don't really like chocolate... I get PMS cravings for either brownies or german chocolate cake. I spend a whopping 4+ dollars for 1 (usually large portion 3"x3") and eat what I want (usually all of it) and then its gone and done, and I don't have a pan of stuff tempting me on my counter all week... and freezing stuff doesn't work. I know its there, and it'll call to me and I'll eat a frozen brownie pop, my body doesn't mind the extra cold... I DO live in Alaska afterall...

okay so that was a bit of unsolicited advice, but I really want to stress, congratulations on making the commitment you've made to take control of your health and a bigger horray for the progress you've made so far. You should be very proud of yourself.

Best of luck, we are here with you, and to help you along the way.

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:15 PM

Hi Carmen! Congrats on your success with New Rules for Lifting! I was really tempted to buy that book! I should have.. I could have added it to my workout library, LOL I think most of us have some issues with food.. It is a battle half that time, but what keeps me going is knowing how good I feel when I wake in the morning knowing that I was adherant to my diet! Good luck to you!!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Thank you all for the support!! And the advice! I appreciate it a lot! And need it!!

Just one question though (not related to my post), where do I post my pictures? I'm looking for en email address and I don't see any. Or do I just post them here in the Forum? Thanks!!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 PM

hmmm. good question. when you submit your results to the official 12 contest, then you do it.. I may be wrong though.

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-01-2011, 07:54 PM

I'm very proud of your determination to become the person you want to be. I wish you all the best! This is a great place to hang out. Very encouraging people here who really care.

Kick some booty these next 12 weeks!

You don't have to post your before pics until you're submitting your final results. Just hang on to it and then email the before/after pics and essay to support@turbulancetraining.com or you can post them in a thread Craig will start when it's time.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-01-2011, 08:05 PM

Welcome, Carmen! You've done the right thing in coming here and I wish you all the best with the program. That stubborn fat is very annoying but stay strong, it can be done and I know you can do it.

Well done on the great gains (losses?) you've made so far and I'm looking forward to seeing you carry that on!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 09-02-2011, 10:25 AM

Thanks Jami, John and Gerri! I love the support I'm receiving here on this forum! It's amazing!

Ok, so now that I've entered the contest I need to be more responsible with my diet. I've got the exercise part down, no problem. It's my diet that needs a lot of work. So, I'm going to be keeping a diet log for the next few weeks.

To start, yesterday I was bad. I went out with a friend and our kids and we went to Taco Bell (I ordered a big burrito, guacamole dip, and french fries, no soda, only water). After, we went to Dairy Queen and I ordered myself the large Moka Blizzard. When it comes to ice cream I have no control. But it's been a while since I've splurged like that.

This morning at 8:00am, I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a cup of milk.

I'll post everything that I eat during the day and at what time. Comments or suggestions would very much be appreciated!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM

At the trainer's summit Craig talked about "The Event" He said that everyone who achieves transformation has one, and the brownie incident was yours. It's is the moment when you've had enough of the old ways and you surrender to the fact that you have to change.

Be brave and have faith in yourself, and remember that with every rep you do and every ounce of fat you burn away you become more of your authentic self. Oh, and this can be fun too.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:23 PM

Thanks, pageboy9, for sharing that comment from Craig! I totally agree! I have a lot of overweight friends that always ask me to help them. I do what I can but to really make that change they have to have one of those moments. Until they have that they really aren't motivated to change.

Off topic and back to my diet log. I just finished my second workout of the Turbulence Training Fat Loss program. I'm loving it because it's totally kicking my butt!! It leaves me feeling a "good" tired and if it leaves me feeling like that then I KNOW I'm going to get results!!

11:15am, post-workout recovery drink of milk and 1/2cup of oatmeal.

Last edited by cgaona04 : 09-02-2011 at 01:26 PM.