TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
This song has been a highlight in my head for some time now. I have been taking for granted all the physical efforts that my body has allowed me for a very long time. It wasn't anything for me to jump out of bed, go for a 6 mile run, and lift weights in the evening. On days when I felt like I was too tired, or, "just not in the mood," I would skip out on these events, not knowing what it would be like, if one morning I woke up, and my body wouldn't allow me to do them anymore.

Well, This happened to me last year. I did the Body For Life challenge from February - May 2010. I worked hard, transformed my body and I felt amazing! Although I felt great I knew that I could have done better, ran faster, ate better.. Then at the very end of the challenge, I woke up, got ready to workout and my balance was off. I thought it was just a fluke thing.. inner ear issue... Maybe I ate the wrong thing yesterday or maybe it was the glass of wine I had the night before? SO, I continued to get ready, went to the gym and I kept falling over while I was getting ready to do my Reverse lunges. I was dizzy, and very weak as I was dropping my weights on the floor. Then the following day the same thing. This time I went to run and my left leg was numb. I couldn't feel my foot, my coordination was gone and I was still dizzy. These problems persisted over the remaining month. Then it just went away. I was finally able to run and lift again. Then it hit me again about 1 month later. This time much worse, and it lasted a lot longer, in fact, it has lasted until 2 months ago. I could barely walk from my car to my department at work with out having to stop to let my legs rest. Finally, In January of 2011, I went to the doctor and I got diagnosed with MS. It was a long road, and I have battled with my body everyday. I was so sad, as it was a grievance knowing that I had to say good bye to the things in life that I could do best.

I was on several medications until I found one that worked best for me. I had to get IV infusions of steroids for a week at a time. Painful injections that felt like I was getting stung by a wasp every night. These medications caused me to actually feel more sick, and not to mention gain 12lbs in one month. I was so tired of feeling "broken". I would still go workout during the week, and do what I could do, which wasn't very much. It wasn't at all compared to what I was doing before, but at least it was something.. something that I could still do that would make me happy and feel somewhat normal.

Finally I found a medication that works! It is in pill form and in one month all my symptoms have been resolved! I cant believe it! I can run again! So, I was thinking about what I could do that would challenge me again. So, I was surfing the web for workouts and programs that I could do that would burn fat, and help me lose this unwanted weight that I have gained. I found Craig Ballenynes Turbulence Training and I thought it was such a wonderful program! I bought it right away, took my starting pictures, and started the next day. I have been already getting the results that I have been wanting for so long. I will never again take for granted what I can do. Everyday is a gift, and I have learned to cherish every second of it!

So, here I go. Against the odds. I am going to fight back and give myself a second chance of being what I know I can be! I am not going to sit back and watch my body debilitate. This is it.. and it could be my last shot to do something that will make me proud.
Wow, you have quite an amazing story here. I'm all for doing things against the odds Obviously, you can do whatever you put your mind to because you have the mentality of a winner, a fighter, someone who goes all in with her poker chips no matter how bad the odds are.. I love it!

What do you do for work? Sorry to read later in your thread about your thread with the helo crash... terrible. We've lost several life flight crews this year in the US, and it's such a shame.

Best wishes for you!
Rachel

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 09-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Default Official Start and Pics

The contest officially opens on September 4th for TT12, you mentioned not being able to enter because you hadn't taken pictures with a newspaper.

you're in luck because starting the 4th,or when you choose to officially declare yourself started for your 12 week block of judgment, get that newspaper and get to snapping shots of your "before" body.

:-)

unless you were talking about something completely different, then I apologize for my assumptions

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I never did have a newspaper when I took my pic, so I doubt that I'll be able to enter the official contest.. bummer! I should have thought a head
Just thought I'd mention what Amanda just mentioned since you wrote this on my thread. Even if you think you're not going to enter, I reackon it's good to do some pics with the paper anyway..then you've got options and you won't be kicking yourself...just saying...
Old 09-03-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
The contest officially opens on September 4th for TT12, you mentioned not being able to enter because you hadn't taken pictures with a newspaper.

you're in luck because starting the 4th,or when you choose to officially declare yourself started for your 12 week block of judgment, get that newspaper and get to snapping shots of your "before" body.

:-)

unless you were talking about something completely different, then I apologize for my assumptions

~Amanda
WOW! I still have time! Thanks! Just gives me more incentive to push harder ya know! Nope, I was totally making referrence to that, so thanks a lot for the input! Too bad though.. I looked worse a couple weeks ago, LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
Wow, you have quite an amazing story here. I'm all for doing things against the odds Obviously, you can do whatever you put your mind to because you have the mentality of a winner, a fighter, someone who goes all in with her poker chips no matter how bad the odds are.. I love it!

What do you do for work? Sorry to read later in your thread about your thread with the helo crash... terrible. We've lost several life flight crews this year in the US, and it's such a shame.

Best wishes for you!
Rachel
Thank you! Its just crazy the things we take for granted KWIM.. I am an MRI technologist. It is terribly sad The ones who charge in to save a life ends up loosing there life. So, Are you in the health feild too then? Firefighter?? Just going off you profile name

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Just thought I'd mention what Amanda just mentioned since you wrote this on my thread. Even if you think you're not going to enter, I reackon it's good to do some pics with the paper anyway..then you've got options and you won't be kicking yourself...just saying...
Hi Deb, Thanks! Will do for sure!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-03-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
I put this in your other journal, but I think it belongs in here.
Hi Catherine and Jami

sorry for the "theft" but I decided that I had to make this photo my facebook profile photo!

Very, very profound and powerful. And I'm looking forward to seeing powerful transformations from both of you. You're both very inspiring and show that not doing is just making excuses.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 09-03-2011, 12:26 PM

Wow, I have an aunt with MS and know just what a challenge it can be! Best of luck to you on this transformation, I'll be rooting for you! (Good to see another Jami who spells her name just like me!)

Jami

“The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.” --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A strong outside strengthens the inside."
Old 09-06-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post
Hi Catherine and Jami

sorry for the "theft" but I decided that I had to make this photo my facebook profile photo!

Very, very profound and powerful. And I'm looking forward to seeing powerful transformations from both of you. You're both very inspiring and show that not doing is just making excuses.
Hi Neil! By all means take it! LOL I think that picture had a lot of "power".
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Wow, I have an aunt with MS and know just what a challenge it can be! Best of luck to you on this transformation, I'll be rooting for you! (Good to see another Jami who spells her name just like me!)

Jami
Well, Hello Jami! I too love seeing another Jami, especially when they spell it our way Good luck to you too!! This will be a great one! Looks like we have a lot of contestants.

My 12th TT Contest
My Journal
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 AM

Good morning fellow contestants
I am still sick, of course I'm start to get sick when the contest starts. I am really wanted to go workout today but I feel like I've been run over by a truck.

My 12th TT Contest
My Journal
Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 AM

WOW< We have a lot of new journals! Trying to get all caught up, but I really should be getting ready to go workout. I'll catch ya'll later.

My 12th TT Contest
My Journal
Old 09-06-2011, 11:00 AM

TT 30 day fat loss workout A

A1) DB Flat Press 3x8x40
A2) Barbell Row 3x8x90
B1) Reverse-grip Pulldown 3x8x90 I did have a PR today with this! WOOT!
B2) DB Rear-delt Fly 3x12x12
C1) Close-grip DB Press 3x8x30
C2) DB Incline Curls 3x8x15
C3) Face Pull 3x10x27

Intervals I really had for force myself to do these today. The longer I was working out the worse I was feeling.. I did 6 speed intervals.. warm up for 2 minutes, and cooled down for 2 minutes.. I felt like my head was going to explode and my sinuses were on fire! SO, I am going to take it easy today, eat some nice warm Chx noodle soup. It may not be on my plan of food to eat, but hey, its low fat, and I'm eating my standard carb/protein

My 12th TT Contest
My Journal