TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sligojoe View Post
You are the epitome of my favourite, most simple philosophy "Never give up"! That is awesomeness

I know where you're coming from with the whole nutrition thing. It can be so easy to slide off track so slowly you don't even know it's happening. Wish you the best of luck over the next three months and hope you get to where you wanna be!
Thanks Joe - appreciate the sentiment. I'm done with sliding down. The only direction I'm going is "up"!

Thanks for dropping by!

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-03-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Hi Waleed.. That's great that your family are such a grande support for you and with this awesome support of family and the awesome support from all of us..you WILL get rid of that spare tyre. This is your time. Deb.
My family has always been supportive but this time, they can see the fire in my eyes and are behind me even more so. And I know the fantastic support from these forums and it's going to be a cornerstone of my strategy for a successful transformation.

Thanks for dropping by Deb!

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-03-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
Hi Waleed, hope your having a great day!
Thanks Jami - made my day!

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-03-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
Hey there Waleed,

You probably already know the following, but just thought I'd remind you

The 5 best things I've found for nutrition are:

- Stick to the 1 ingredient foods
- Go through your pantry and fridge and throw out all junk/packaged foods, and don't bring any more into the house
- Don't eat just before bedtime (some may disagree on that one)
- Drink heaps of water
- Cut out the white foods (wheat, sugar, salt, white rice, dairy,,, again, some may disagree about the dairy) oh, and NO soy

Just a few things that I have personally found to really strip of the lbs and the fat.

Cheers for now,

Robyn.
Thanks for tips Robyn and congratulations on another job well done during the last contest. Amazing results!

By far, my single biggest problem is point number 5 - points 1 thru 4 have been pretty much under control for some time. Tackling this point is going to be my biggest nutritional challenge - I like my carbs! (rice and bread in particular). Whenever I have eliminated these types of foods from my diet, I have always been successful in dropping fat so I'm sure that is the prescription I need this time around and I hope the results will speak for themselves 12 weeks down the line.

Thanks again!

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-03-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Just to add to Robyn's post, post here often about how you're doing whether good or bad - everyone here wants you to succeed. Also, it will help to keep you on track.

Remember, stay strong on the diet no matter what but find a way to make it sustainable and a lifestyle change. That is what will drop the fat.

One more thing, check out nasal breathing (http://getexercised.com/why-nose-bre...er-breath.html). It really helped me in the last contest I did and I think it may help you as well.

A lot of the time, our tendency is to push hard, stretch ourselves to breaking point and then revert like a rubber band. I know this may go against what a lot of people feel (no pain no gain, push as hard as you can no matter what) but using this technique, I've been feeling refreshed after every workout session and look forward to the next one. It's helped a number of other guys as well and I think it could help you. It's definitely helped with my stress levels as well.

I really want to see you succeed in this contest. This is going to be the one.
Words of a former TT champion should always be carefully listened to! I hear you on the making long-term changes rather than just short-term "dieting" and I think I've got it figured out and hope that my results with bear this out by the end of the contest.

I also agree with you about posting regularly in the forums. Whenever I've had a somewhat successful TT contest in the past, I was posting regularly (everyday in some cases). I realize how much I missed being active in the forums and what a valuable support asset they can be - getting advice from others or just knowing that someone is listening can be a great help. So, I'm planning to post at least once a day and like you said, I'll be putting the good and bad. There's no other way and I'd just be cheating myself if I didn't.

Thanks for the reference on breathing - I'm checking it out right now.

Great to have you drop by Gerry.