TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 04:20 PM

Default Melting my Midsection

So here I am again, at the start of another TT contest, my 12th! That's right, I've participated in every TT contest so far - not sure if I should be too proud of saying that as I clearly haven't been making the type of progress I've wanted. But like the title of my contest thread said (inspired by some of Craig's posts), I never, ever, EVER give up! Okay, so I'm being a bit tongue-in-cheek. Every contest has taken me one small step in some way, either mentally or physically, to my final goal so the previous contests have not been a waste at all.

This contest is going to be different this time - for real. I'm in a different place right now mentally and have been preparing steadily on getting into the right mindset over the last few weeks, trying to understand where I go wrong and what I need to do to stay on track. The number one focus this contest will be on a good - no...GREAT - nutrition. Of course, workouts are important too but I need to make a huge dent (literally) in my mid-section and see a big reduction in my belly fat. While I'm in good health in general, I'm into my 40's and that spare tire around my stomach is a time-bomb. I think back with some regret that I have perhaps wasted the best years of my life (I've clinically obese from my whole adult life and most of my adolescence). I don't want to look back when I'm 60 that I didn't make the most of my 40's.

The starting conditions seem right this time. The few niggling health problems are behind me and I feel strong. I'm off all medications. My head seems clear and I have a burning desire to make this happen. My family is behind me 110% and are willing to support me in any way.

I've been off working out for a few weeks so I'm going to start easing myself back into a routine, building some conditioning and getting on with fixing my nutrition. I'm going to make a running start this time so when I decided on my contest dates, I'm going to be sprinting across that starting line from day 1 and not relent on the pace until I'm done.

And I'm looking forward to reconnecting with the forum members. TT11 came at a bit of an inflection point in my life me but I'm ready to get going again and I'm looking forward to posting some awesome finishing photos.

Find me on Facebook
Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM

Waleed, the steady and true!

Its so nice to have you along again. It's so nice to hear the world is aligning with you to bless your successes...

I hope all is well in your country. If i remember, there were times of unrest that prevented frequent posts here online.

Wishing you and your family the best,

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:13 PM

Waleed, WOW! You have done all the contests this year! Good for you! I think this time is the one time that you are going to tear it up! You seem like you are in the "zone" and I wish you the best!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 08-31-2011, 08:06 PM

You are the epitome of my favourite, most simple philosophy "Never give up"! That is awesomeness

I know where you're coming from with the whole nutrition thing. It can be so easy to slide off track so slowly you don't even know it's happening. Wish you the best of luck over the next three months and hope you get to where you wanna be!

Never give up!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 PM

Hi Waleed.. That's great that your family are such a grande support for you and with this awesome support of family and the awesome support from all of us..you WILL get rid of that spare tyre. This is your time. Deb.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Hi Waleed, hope your having a great day!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 PM

Hey there Waleed,

You probably already know the following, but just thought I'd remind you

The 5 best things I've found for nutrition are:

- Stick to the 1 ingredient foods
- Go through your pantry and fridge and throw out all junk/packaged foods, and don't bring any more into the house
- Don't eat just before bedtime (some may disagree on that one)
- Drink heaps of water
- Cut out the white foods (wheat, sugar, salt, white rice, dairy,,, again, some may disagree about the dairy) oh, and NO soy

Just a few things that I have personally found to really strip of the lbs and the fat.

Cheers for now,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 09-02-2011, 02:09 AM

Just to add to Robyn's post, post here often about how you're doing whether good or bad - everyone here wants you to succeed. Also, it will help to keep you on track.

Remember, stay strong on the diet no matter what but find a way to make it sustainable and a lifestyle change. That is what will drop the fat.

One more thing, check out nasal breathing (http://getexercised.com/why-nose-bre...er-breath.html). It really helped me in the last contest I did and I think it may help you as well.

A lot of the time, our tendency is to push hard, stretch ourselves to breaking point and then revert like a rubber band. I know this may go against what a lot of people feel (no pain no gain, push as hard as you can no matter what) but using this technique, I've been feeling refreshed after every workout session and look forward to the next one. It's helped a number of other guys as well and I think it could help you. It's definitely helped with my stress levels as well.

I really want to see you succeed in this contest. This is going to be the one.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver

Last edited by gesunelson : 09-02-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
Waleed, the steady and true!

Its so nice to have you along again. It's so nice to hear the world is aligning with you to bless your successes...

I hope all is well in your country. If i remember, there were times of unrest that prevented frequent posts here online.

Wishing you and your family the best,

~Amanda
Thanks Amanda - it's good to be back.

Thankfully, things are largely peaceful now. There are occasional isolated protests but nothing that might interfere with our daily lives, like before.