TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 PM

Smile

Hi Catherine

so glad you are taking part in this contest, you are such an inspiration to me and always have been. I did reply to you over on the 11th contest when you posted on my thread, you have so much knowledge and are always willing to share it. Honestly, the transformation you have made is just amazing and that fact that you have continued to maintain instead of back tracking like some of us (myself included!), is just the best.

Am really looking forward to sharing your journey with you. However I actually think you look fantastic already, honestly you are my ideal. You have such fab definition and look amazing.

With regards to the wheat thing, Isobel does say to cut it out, I have cut down, but I am still eating rye bread and it does containt wheat, but I was thinking that I would try to cut it out for a week or 2 and see what happens.

My nutrition guidelines are pretty similar to you, I am going to avoid anythign processed which covers bagged/boxed foods, eat as many fresh vegs/fruit as I can. I am actually going to try to avoid the wine/chocolate for 3 weeks, that's the plan.

However I am going back to the Uk for 4 weeks right in the middle of this contest so i am not sure how I will manage there, as I am sure to be doing a bit of socializing!!

Anyhow, so glad you are joining in again, I would love to do one of your Zumba classes I just know they would rock.

Crikey you have come such a long way Catherine, you are totally amazing, your family must be so proud.

Keep up the fab work, and keep smiling

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
I'd use multi quote but I can't be bothered...

1. I've heard many bad things about wheat. I should give it up, but I love bread. Hmmm...

Cliff Richard doesn't eat wheat and he is in decent shape for a 150 year old. If you don't know who Cliff Richard is, count yourself lucky.

2. That cat looked awesome. I really want another cat.

3. Vegaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Someday pussycat, we'll go to Vegas together- maybe take a burlesque workshop. You know I mean it!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Catherine

so glad you are taking part in this contest, you are such an inspiration to me and always have been. I did reply to you over on the 11th contest when you posted on my thread, you have so much knowledge and are always willing to share it. Honestly, the transformation you have made is just amazing and that fact that you have continued to maintain instead of back tracking like some of us (myself included!), is just the best.

Am really looking forward to sharing your journey with you. However I actually think you look fantastic already, honestly you are my ideal. You have such fab definition and look amazing.

With regards to the wheat thing, Isobel does say to cut it out, I have cut down, but I am still eating rye bread and it does containt wheat, but I was thinking that I would try to cut it out for a week or 2 and see what happens.

My nutrition guidelines are pretty similar to you, I am going to avoid anythign processed which covers bagged/boxed foods, eat as many fresh vegs/fruit as I can. I am actually going to try to avoid the wine/chocolate for 3 weeks, that's the plan.

However I am going back to the Uk for 4 weeks right in the middle of this contest so i am not sure how I will manage there, as I am sure to be doing a bit of socializing!!

Anyhow, so glad you are joining in again, I would love to do one of your Zumba classes I just know they would rock.

Crikey you have come such a long way Catherine, you are totally amazing, your family must be so proud.

Keep up the fab work, and keep smiling

Cheers for now Katie
Yep, I try to stay wheat free- the Ezekiel bread doesn't have any.

The biggest challenge I'm seeing is munching around the witching hour between 5PM and dinner, and then over- eating at dinner. My "Higher Mind " seems to take a vacation.

Ways to deal with that:
I will commit what I'm going to eat each day before I eat it. I can chew gum while getting dinner ready. I'll use this forum for accountability!

If I eat "outside the lines" I'll have to write it here. So there.

Katie, I have to say again that you and TT have been very very good to each other!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
The biggest challenge I'm seeing is munching around the witching hour between 5PM and dinner, and then over- eating at dinner. My "Higher Mind " seems to take a vacation.

Ways to deal with that:
I will commit what I'm going to eat each day before I eat it. I can chew gum while getting dinner ready. I'll use this forum for accountability!

If I eat "outside the lines" I'll have to write it here. So there.
Just an idea...why don't you plan a snack for this time like some kind of fruit like an apple with some nuts? I hear you with the over eating at dinner... this happens to me too.. hence the healthy dinner making snack.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 PM

Default Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Finished TT for Abs 2011 today- that was one sweaty fitness routine. All the BB squats- sheesh.

I want a quick start because I want to get visible results before Vegas on Oct. 13th.
I'm starting with TT Adrenaline and giving it all I've got. (Always while having fun of course.) I'm going to have to study and think about the next two programs.

I've got to have accountability Ladies and Gentlemen, so that means posting my menu and sticking to it. I've also got to make sure I don't try to cut down too hard too early. I've been playing around with some menus the past two weeks and I feel ready to go.

I'll be writing a coaching program, or maybe even two, over the course of this challenge so I've got to walk the talk so to speak. If I can pull off those last ten... I will have learned something worth writing about.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:49 PM

Smile

Quote:
Finished TT for Abs 2011 today- that was one sweaty fitness routine. All the BB squats- sheesh.

I want a quick start because I want to get visible results before Vegas on Oct. 13th.
I'm starting with TT Adrenaline and giving it all I've got. (Always while having fun of course.) I'm going to have to study and think about the next two programs.

I've got to have accountability Ladies and Gentlemen, so that means posting my menu and sticking to it. I've also got to make sure I don't try to cut down too hard too early. I've been playing around with some menus the past two weeks and I feel ready to go.

I'll be writing a coaching program, or maybe even two, over the course of this challenge so I've got to walk the talk so to speak. If I can pull off those last ten... I will have learned something worth writing about.
Hi Catherine

I hear ya, I also need quick visible results, I am heading home, not been home for 4 years and I have 4 brothers who teased me mercifully when I was younger over being chubby! I would love to show them that I am no longer chubby and have some definition to show.

I am looking for a workout to do after big 6, so was thinking of ABS 2011, how did you find it?

Have just taken a look at the adrenaline one too it looks good. Have you done it before?

It looks really good, I like the sound of it, I really like the warm up too.

I quite fancy it, but only problem is I don't have anywhere in our gym to do the sprints shuttle, We do have stairs do you think I could subsitiute a stair run for the sprint?

Do you think I should ask Craig?

Looking forward to your fab results that I know you will achieve

I also need accountablitly so will be posting workouts/nutriton on here too.

Bet your coaching sessions rock, are they physical sessions, or Life coach sessions?

Keep up the fab work Keep smiling Cheers Katie
Old 09-09-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Someday pussycat, we'll go to Vegas together- maybe take a burlesque workshop. You know I mean it!
I am THERE!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Default Apple to Apples, And I didn't know I had that much back!

Um, I don't own a three way mirror. I think maybe "booty for wife" needs to be one of my three programs. And why why why do I look so much slimmer in the mirror than I do in pictures? My goal with these befores was to wear the same thing and pose the same way that I will 12 weeks from now. I will be getting to work immediately!

Here are my starting stats:
Height : 5'1"
Weight: 124
Neck: 11.5"
Chest: 33.5"
Waist: 24.5"
Hips: 36"
Thigh: (Center) 20"
Calf: 14:
Arm: 10.5"

Goal weight: 112 by the end of 12 weeks. (One pound a week)

Today's Menu
Breakfast:
1 egg, 2 strips uncured bacon, spinach and mushrooms, salsa, 1/2 C fage 0% yogurt, sf maple syrup- 1T
Lunch: Romaine lettuce salad with tomato and cucumber, balsamic viniagrette.
3oz chicken breast, 1 slice ezekiel bread w/fat free cream cheese

Dinner:
4oz flank steak, mixed vegetables, green salad
1 glass of wine
Snack #1- fage yogurt w/strawberries
Snack #2- 1 slice ezekiel bread w/fat free cream cheese
Extras: 1 pink lady apple, one more 1/2C serving of yogurt

That,looks like a lot of food, and it is by volume.
Calories: 1189

At opening night party for "Tuesdays with Morrie": 1 glass of wine

I am so grateful for how far I have come. One great thing is that I really will enjoy getting dressed for the opening tonight. Still, I have an image in my mind's eye that I know for certain is the the way I'm really supposed to look. How do I know this? I just do. It has more to do with line and shape than weight and size. Weight and size are just numbers after all. What I'm after is a particular "look', and I believe that it's the look a lot of women like me want to build. When I'm done, I'll have the confidence I need so much to be a more effective coach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT front before 12.jpg (28.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg TT12 back before.jpg (28.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-09-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Catherine

I hear ya, I also need quick visible results, I am heading home, not been home for 4 years and I have 4 brothers who teased me mercifully when I was younger over being chubby! I would love to show them that I am no longer chubby and have some definition to show.

I am looking for a workout to do after big 6, so was thinking of ABS 2011, how did you find it?

Have just taken a look at the adrenaline one too it looks good. Have you done it before?

It looks really good, I like the sound of it, I really like the warm up too.

I quite fancy it, but only problem is I don't have anywhere in our gym to do the sprints shuttle, We do have stairs do you think I could subsitiute a stair run for the sprint?

Do you think I should ask Craig?

Looking forward to your fab results that I know you will achieve

I also need accountablitly so will be posting workouts/nutriton on here too.

Bet your coaching sessions rock, are they physical sessions, or Life coach sessions?

Keep up the fab work Keep smiling Cheers Katie
I'll answer here about the coaching. I feel that personal trainers have been coaches all along, and it all depends on what the client needs. So the first session is all about asking the right questions so that we can bring their goals to light. What I'm finding most often is that the women and men that I work with need an exercise plan that's right for their fitness level, and they they need to be shown how to execute it safely. Next comes an eating strategy. Since I'm not a nutritionist, I take them through past challenges and successes, and I help them develop their own food philosophy. Doctors and nutritionists can tell them what to eat, but I
help them find tools for honoring those choices.
My mentor coach made me aware that teaching, training, and life coaching have clear differences. For example, when I speak or write I'm often teaching, when I observe and correct a client's form I'm training, and when I ask a client a question in order to elicit their own inner knowledge I'm life coaching.

What is most intriguing and even humbling is when just a brief period of coaching leads someone to find their own solutions, and I'm left open mouthed at their results. To tie it in to something Craig has said, both of the women I'm thinking about right now had an "Event" happen in their lives that opened the door for rapid change.

I think that you and I may be past the point where we see that initial rapid change, but the slow and steady progress is just as rewarding!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I'll answer here about the coaching. I feel that personal trainers have been coaches all along, and it all depends on what the client needs. So the first session is all about asking the right questions so that we can bring their goals to light. What I'm finding most often is that the women and men that I work with need an exercise plan that's right for their fitness level, and they they need to be shown how to execute it safely. Next comes an eating strategy. Since I'm not a nutritionist, I take them through past challenges and successes, and I help them develop their own food philosophy. Doctors and nutritionists can tell them what to eat, but I
help them find tools for honoring those choices.
My mentor coach made me aware that teaching, training, and life coaching have clear differences. For example, when I speak or write I'm often teaching, when I observe and correct a client's form I'm training, and when I ask a client a question in order to elicit their own inner knowledge I'm life coaching.

What is most intriguing and even humbling is when just a brief period of coaching leads someone to find their own solutions, and I'm left open mouthed at their results. To tie it in to something Craig has said, both of the women I'm thinking about right now had an "Event" happen in their lives that opened the door for rapid change.

I think that you and I may be past the point where we see that initial rapid change, but the slow and steady progress is just as rewarding!
Nice post...