TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 01:35 PM

Default Free The Figure

What's Holding You Back?

I'll tell you what's holding me back. I'm entering TT Transformation 12 because, in spite of my success, I still don't feel physically worthy to call myself a professional trainer and Transformation Coach. Everyone I've worked with has had to track me down and come right out and say, "Catherine will you help me?" Friends and acquaintances start conversations with me about fitness and transformation, and I can't bring myself to say, "I'm certified. Would you like to work with me?"

Why is that? Maybe it's all those years in Hollywood where even when I got down below 117 pounds I still felt too fat for the camera. Maybe it's because I haven't met the body fat/BMI goal I truly desire so I think, "What right do I have to train and coach people if I can't get to my goal weight? Several women I have coached, three of them post menopause, have reached and stabilized at their personal weight goals. But not me.

Why not me? Twice I've reached 118 in the past year, and both times I ran into situations where my looks created an uncomfortable situation, and I immediately trashed my eating plan with a major binge lasting more than two days, putting me right back into my old comfort zone.

This is the only life I've got, now is the only moment I can live it in. I have to reach my goal because I have to know what it takes for a frightened, insecure, habitually overweight, and trigger prone woman in her late 40s to reach her most cherished body goal.

Then, and only then will I feel worthy of presenting myself as someone who can coach, teach, and inspire them to do the same.

That's why I'm here. Not to win a prize or get more of my pictures in Google images. I truly want to make a difference. It's all about freedom from whatever is holding you back.

So now I'm going to Free The Figure, the figure I've always wanted that I've been hiding under varying layers of fat ever since I was six years old.

So just what does that figure look like?
How will I know when I have it?
Well, for starters, I will weigh 113 pounds at the end of this challenge which will give me a BMI of 21, and a body fat of right around 19-20%. That's my ideal. That's the figure that will free me to be my authentic self.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:24 PM

Catherine, you have been such an inspiration to me, and I'm sure others on the forum. You are very wise and tackle the mental part of the fitness challenge better than most. I read disappointment in your post, I understand, but please don't sell yourself short. You have made incredible progress and deserve much credit.
I have done the same, at the end of TT10 I was so pleased with myself. Alas, I have not been able to stay where I was. I will join you in your journey to "free the figure". Good luck to both of us, I know we can do it. After all, we have the best tools around. Blessings, Concetta
Old 08-31-2011, 02:48 PM

Default Oh wow!

I'm soooo slow, you're THAT Catherine...

you have a little fan that's been lurking around and not realizing who I was being a groupie for ;-)

You are quite amazing and have done some super duper stuff. I just hopped over to your blog and saw your post pre-vision statement!

I find that after being around all the super fit and elite folks of military training or deployment, i really get down on myself and my self esteem. I don't see how far I've come anymore, just how far away from THEM I am. I guess its all perspective.

I sure do hope your self image gets restored as you progress physically, emotionally and spiritually towards your ultimate goal of looking great AND knowing you do.

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:27 PM

My first reaction to your post was "She's being to hard on herself", particularly that you've done so well in past contests and won or made it to the finals.

But then, I found myself relating to what you were saying and I came to realize that if we aren't hard on ourselves, then how can we ever hope to be our best.

It's great to see you back again, taking the steps to make yourself even better, more fit and reaching your goals. You certainly have the right mental approach and that alone is most of the battle won - the rest will follow.

I am so looking forward to seeing you succeed...again!

Find me on Facebook
Old 08-31-2011, 04:19 PM

I put this in your other journal, but I think it belongs in here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HowDoYouSeeYourself.jpg (38.3 KB, 34 views)

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 08-31-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
What's Holding You Back?

I'll tell you what's holding me back. I'm entering TT Transformation 12 because, in spite of my success, I still don't feel physically worthy to call myself a professional trainer and Transformation Coach. Everyone I've worked with has had to track me down and come right out and say, "Catherine will you help me?" Friends and acquaintances start conversations with me about fitness and transformation, and I can't bring myself to say, "I'm certified. Would you like to work with me?"

Why is that? Maybe it's all those years in Hollywood where even when I got down below 117 pounds I still felt too fat for the camera. Maybe it's because I haven't met the body fat/BMI goal I truly desire so I think, "What right do I have to train and coach people if I can't get to my goal weight? Several women I have coached, three of them post menopause, have reached and stabilized at their personal weight goals. But not me.

Why not me? Twice I've reached 118 in the past year, and both times I ran into situations where my looks created an uncomfortable situation, and I immediately trashed my eating plan with a major binge lasting more than two days, putting me right back into my old comfort zone.

This is the only life I've got, now is the only moment I can live it in. I have to reach my goal because I have to know what it takes for a frightened, insecure, habitually overweight, and trigger prone woman in her late 40s to reach her most cherished body goal.

Then, and only then will I feel worthy of presenting myself as someone who can coach, teach, and inspire them to do the same.

That's why I'm here. Not to win a prize or get more of my pictures in Google images. I truly want to make a difference. It's all about freedom from whatever is holding you back.

So now I'm going to Free The Figure, the figure I've always wanted that I've been hiding under varying layers of fat ever since I was six years old.

So just what does that figure look like?
How will I know when I have it?
Well, for starters, I will weigh 113 pounds at the end of this challenge which will give me a BMI of 21, and a body fat of right around 19-20%. That's my ideal. That's the figure that will free me to be my authentic self.
Hi Catherine, I can relate to what you are saying soooooo much! I got so close to my ideal body earlier this year then I started having negative beliefs and not thinking I'm truly worthy. I highly recommend Rebel Diet by Emma James not for the "diet" aspect but for the mind aspect: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/190...sr=8-1&seller=

We both know how to lose weight but the mind can get the better of us! This has helped me understand why I was sabotaging my efforts - I have been on a 16 week bender (so to speak). I am back on the wagon and don't plan on ever coming off again - ever! I can't wait to see you reach your goals! Happy days, Lisa

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 08-31-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
I'm soooo slow, you're THAT Catherine...

~Amanda
Oh my god, i'm even slower, i didn't get it until after i read amanda's reply

Catherine, you are awesome and have really made some brilliant changes and i think i can speak for most everyone here when i say, "you're gonna kick this contests ass"

Good luck with you journey!

Never give up!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Hi Catherine!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-01-2011, 08:55 PM

Be honest and sincere with your clients and tell them you are doing this contest and working towards your goal. There's so much more to being a great trainer/coach/leader/teacher than your goal body. Your clients will be lucky to have a trainer who is doing it in the moment, setting goals, motivated and inspired. You've got a lot of experience and knowledge to give and you are a certified trainer..be it!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
I put this in your other journal, but I think it belongs in here.
Oooh that is so cool! Thank you thank you! Hear me roar