Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > TT Workout Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Default 2015 TT Report Card - Part 1!

TT Members Report Card

January 2015_TT_2K15 Fat Loss Challenge Workout – A+

Packed with a diet bonus, barbell challenge, and carve your core circuits, it’s not surprise this is an A+ workout. However, it’s not an A+++ because I think it proved too intimidating for most folks and they just didn’t use it as much as they should.The truth is challenges bring out the best in us and we shouldn’t shy away from them!

Challenges set a benchmark, and so we constantly try to improve upon that. That’s our human nature. That’s our competitive spirit. That’s what you must harness here with the power of the Fat Loss Challenge.

Give this one a try… start conservative, and overcome that intimidation!

February 2015_TT_Go Hard Get Lean 4x40 Workout – A+++

Best of the year right here.

You wanted 4workouts per week and so I gave you all I got. These are proven workouts that will build muscle, burn fat, and help you maintain your strength all at the same time. And they will also get you in and out of the gym in under 40 minutes, four times per week.

All of my old (and new tricks) are in this one. You’ll do Gauntlets, 90% exercises, muscle-pumping supersets, and strength boosting challenges. Nothing was left out. And we tested this one in the lab with TT Client of the Year, J-ROC…

"I loved this program. I really liked how it was 4 shorter workout days. I felt I was working out harder knowing I didn't need to save a lot of energy for a long workout. These workouts were the perfect blend of building muscle and burning fat. I leaned out, and dropped about 4-6 lbs of fat while keeping my strength, too. People at work were saying, 'look at those arms' and 'you look more buffed, through the chest and arms'. At age 39 I am getting stronger, faster, and fitter than I was in my early 30's. I want to thank Craig for the great workouts and share how much I love the TT lifestyle! Keep up the great work!" – J-ROC, TT Client of the Year, 2014

March 2015_TT_10x10 Meathead Twist Workout – A
[IMG]file://localhost/Users/user/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image006.jpg[/IMG]
This is a high-volume program. That’s not something you see a lot of at TT, but the program came with my CB Twist of course. A classic 10x10 program is something for 20-year old boys with super-high testosterone levels. It’s not for old fogies like me. J

However, when you modify it, like I did, you can get all the joy of 10x10 without the down side. It takes the muscle-building principles that work (high volume, moderate intensity), and puts a scientifically proven, biomechanically correct, fun-variety-approved TWIST on the training.

You will burn fat, build muscle, get lean, and even improve your conditioning when you do 10x10 the TT way. Compared to the old-school method, when you might gain muscle at the expense of your joints, you’ll be much better off with the TT Twist.

Why just an A? High volume programs require a little more time, so it pushes the envelope of the classic TT promise. However, if you have no limits, you can add a +++ to the ranking!

April 2015_TT_Bodyweight 5X Max Reps Workout – B

I love and hate bodyweight training. High reps are a great challenge, but they can lead to overuse injury. Of course, you won’t get injured training with this program, as long as you keep it to just 4 weeks. It gets a little boring – in my opinion – if you do it longer.
[IMG]file://localhost/Users/user/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image008.jpg[/IMG]
Challenging yourself with the maximum number of reps you can do with bodyweight exercises is invigorating, rewarding, and effective – when done right, of course. Over the last year I did a deep-dive into the world of high-rep, high-frequency bodyweight training, putting myself and many of my top TT guinea-pig clients through epic 3-month bodyweight marathons, 5000 rep challenges, individual circuit workouts that test our limits, and even filmed a series of new bodyweight videos.

Frankly, I’m not sad to get out of that deep dive. High-rep bodyweight training just isn’t for me, at least not without some good old weight training.

May 2015 TT Hot Spot Fat Loss Workout – B+
[IMG]file://localhost/Users/user/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image010.jpg[/IMG]
This is a solid fat burning workout. It’s nothing fancy, but it was built with purpose, allowing you to do a great workout in just a 5x5 foot “Hot Spot” space. The right combo of non-competing exercises works wonders for building muscle and burning.

These workouts are also great for minimal-equipment set-ups, such as a garage gym with Powerblocks like what I have out on the old farm, or if you train in a busy Manhattan gym at 5pm on the first Monday of January (I even just wrote an article for Men’s Fitness on this exact topic.). You’ll be surprised with the awesome muscle pump you get, too.

June 2015 TT Meathead Muscle Density Attack – A

An automatic A (for being a Meathead program) is also well deserved. This cuts back the time issue found in the previous Meathead program for the year. This is a little more along the lines of classic TT, being for both muscle gain and fat loss. You won’t get massive or super strong, thus the A and not A+++ rating.
[IMG]file://localhost/Users/user/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image012.jpg[/IMG]
But wait until you experience the pump after each of these workouts. You get a great pump and your fitness gets a boost, too. You’ve never seen a meathead workout quite like this before. And I apologize in advance for the deceptively hard leg workout. But then I make up for it with a classic Maximus Meathead Upper Pump…Enjoy!

July 2015 TT Bodyweight Maximum Metabolism – B+

This is better than the high-rep bodyweight program from earlier in the year. But I don’t know if I’m just jaded today or what, but I’m not giving it an A. It certainly earns a B+ though, mostly because the devil on my shoulder loves including punisher squats! But I’ve gotten quite bored of high-rep pushup sets, and that brings it back down. However, the fun and unique AMAP system takes you to your mental limits and fatigues your chest, back, and arms for maximum results. All that said, if you love bodyweight training, you probably rank it much higher. So what do you think?

August 2015 TT Meathead The 5x20Pump & Grow Program – A+

This might be the Meathead program of the year. It’s different. It’s not going to get you super strong, but if you want Arnold-style pumps, and hey, if you train consistently, why not have a 4-week block dedicated to that once a year? It’s like the icing on the cake, or perhaps a simple guilty pleasure. I’ve fixed up old-school growth programs with better exercises to pump and grow your muscles with these short, intense meathead workouts.

Plus, more and more research is coming out showing that training to failure with high reps leads to muscle growth. That was one of the impetuses for the program. You start with an insane lower body workout Tree Trunk Quads that includes a quad finisher that will have you begging for mercy, and give you the most insane leg pump you’ve ever experienced. Sorry! But then you get some great upper body Meathead rewards, including a fun and unique band circuit that would make Arnold proud.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Default 2015 TT report card - Part 2!

September 2015 – Total Body Blast – B+

I really enjoyed doing this program in my garage gym out on the farm. The chin-up/knee-up is a classic meathead ab exercise that should be used more often. There’s something for everyone in this program, from the person that loves heart-jackin circuits to meathead pumps. Even the strongman style lifter will enjoy workout C’s deadlifts. But I suppose that is also the downfall… I don’t think anyone will be completely satisfied with a little bit of everything. However, bottom line, the program works. I just don’t see it being a TT Classic in the future.

October 2015 – Total Body Banger – A+
[IMG]file://localhost/Users/user/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]
First of all, it’s an A+ on name alone. And this too was another good time in the garage gym. But this time we’re a little more focused, and a lot more fun. We get to partake in traditional bodybuilding exercises and advanced bodyweight exercises for a high intensity hybrid workout so we do the impossible – gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. And yes, more and more research is proving this IS possible (although we’ve known it at TT all along). Enjoy the swings-burpee combo and the lovely Meathead Workout C filled with the classics: Military Press, Barbell Squat and Deadlifts … with a few unique twists. Get ready to burn fat fast and build sexy lean muscle with these 3 fun and challenging workouts.

Novemeber 2015 – Metabolic Resistance Training 4.0 – A++

There’s no other TT Workout Series that has reached the 4.0 status. Until now that is! Thanks to Master Certified Turbulence Trainer Peter Jankowski for creating a masterpiece that adds to the legendary MRT series. Peter brought out all the tricks on this 4.0 version. MRT 4.0 is here with 4 times the metabolic effectiveness of its predecessors, 4 times the screams (check out Workout C the Screamer), 4 times the fun (check out the power round with slam ball and KB swings) and 4 times as challenging (check out the 250 rep finisher challenge or the 7/11 challenge). Can’t wait to see who brings version 5.0 in 2017!

December – TT Body Audit Workout – A

This is a special one to me, not necessarily for the workout, but for the idea behind it, an annual body audit. I want you to do this – several times per year, in fact. Once every 90 days. See how you have improved in your physical testing. “Dr. Ballantyne’s Body Audit”, specifically designed at the Bally Institute of Fat Burning Medicine, delivers the cold, harsh #truth about where you stand in your fitness. And gives you a chance to earn an A+++ for yourself.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:07 PM

I have yet to try any of the new programs. Thanks for composing a list. I do not have much to train with at the moment since I am now training at home. Checking for almost a pure body weight program. I do not have a chin-up bar so I will need to replace that movement somehow.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Use a high-rep regular pushup or decline pushup to replace the chin-up, or hold an isometric iron cross, or just leave it out.