TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM

Default TT Sweet Sixteen

As far as I'm concerned, the job's not yet done so I'm back for TT contest 16. While I won't be able to qualify as a finalist for this contest, it was never about winning prizes anyway and my main goal remains becoming as healthy and fit as I can so that I can enjoy the best possible quality if life - for myself, my family and my work.

Placing second in the last contest has inspired me to keep the momentum going. I'm comfortable with my natural whole food diet which some people like to label as "paleo" and the TT workouts are allowing my to build strength, burn fat and improve my fitness in general. It's a good formula and I see no reason to change it.

But I do plan to tweak it. In TT 15, I started re-engineering certain aspects of my life, not all of them directly related to health and fitness although they impact or are impacted by them. Things like beating procrastination, developing better sleeping habits, budgeting, planning, keeping a detailed work-log (for my consulting business) to name a few. Well, I'm not quite done with any of those changes so I'll be working on those too. It will be interesting to see the changes that might happen in 84 days.

I realised quite early on during this change process that I needed to go well outside of my comfort zone if I was to succeed in any of these changes. Not really a revelation but the difference this time is execution, moving from the "knowing" to the "doing". In keeping with the same "outside-the-comfort-zone" thinking, I've decided that for this contest, I'm going to use TT workouts I've never used before for any TT contest. So I'll be researching those in the coming days and putting my plan together.

I'm also going to go about my contest goals a bit differently. I'm going to only set process goals - eat right, workout, get enough sleep, HAVE FUN - and let the outcome goals take care of themselves. This time, more than ever, it's going to be about the journey and not so much the destination.

So my contest starts today, 5 January. I'm looking to the coming 12 weeks with wonder, excitement and eagerness. It's going to be an exciting journey and it's my privilege to have the other members of the TT forum along as companions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130105_223657.jpg (17.6 KB, 16 views)