TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 09:49 AM

Hey Andrew,

I had an insight on the abs yesterday. I'm obsessed with getting the waist smaller, especially because I work with some gals who are well over 50 and want to get theirs back.
I was doing Y Squats and I noticed how much my waist was pulling up and in during the motion, and how when I used perfect form my erector spinae, the muscles running up the back right on either side of the spine, seemed to stand out more.
It occurred to me that by developing the back of the body, we can draw the skin tighter against the front of the body making the abs more prominent. Pull on the back of your T-Shirt and you'll see what I'm getting at. It's a small difference, but I think it shows.

What's more on the abs/waistline issue, if we don't recover the day after hard training our cortisol never goes back down enough, and that can keep our waistlines up. Looking back, I've always had crazy good results doing yoga on my non TT days- yoga, qui gong, and other mind body exercises have been shown to drop cortisol levels. Another reason to get proper rest!
Old 11-19-2011, 09:00 PM

Catherine for the advice. It is great.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:06 PM

I'm struggling to get my waist down largely due to eating on the road during business trips. I've taken measure to keep my calories down so I'm not gaining on the road but I need to be losing. The weekends at home help to get the numbers down but not enough. Frustrating.

I have done one week of TT for Reformed Meatheads but I've run into a snag. I have injured my right shoulder (I suspect from my medieval sword fighting) so upper body exercises are limited. Very frustrating as I suspect I'll lose upper body strength over the next few weeks, just as I get close to the end of the contest. I've written a separate post looking for exercise advice.

I see a lot of lower body work in my future.

I have three more weeks of business travel so managing the calories will continue to be a challenge. I'll manage and get the waist smaller and I suspect stronger legs.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:53 PM

Default The shoulder

Sorry to hear about your shoulder troubles Andrew. Believe me, I know what its like and my workouts are constantly hampered by trying to protect mine!

CB suggested replacing some pressing exercises with more back work when I first put mine out. Perhaps that might work for you.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 12-27-2011, 10:39 PM

Well I had best close the book on this unfortunate failure.

I did not get my 80 cm on my waist. I only got to 83 and now I'm back up to 86 cm. The shoulder injury in mid November caused me to stop lifting and lose motivation to exercise and eat properly. I have been particularly busy at work with lots of traveling so that combined with the injury derailed me.

I'm disappointed but I have not given up.

On the bright side in the first six weeks or so I got my prior strength back and I started to set new PRs on some lifts. I figure that I have slipped a bit but I will get it back.

My shoulder seems better so I will get back to exercise. I brought a 16 kg kettlebell on vacation so it had better get used. Now that the holidays are over I'm back on less food and regular fasts.

Back at it.