TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 07:37 PM

Smile

Hi Catherine

Life if a learning curve and we are never too old to learn. Just look at all the knowledge you have gained and advice you have given since you started TT.

So the dance/cardio stuff didn't work for you, that's OK, you know that TT does and you weren't really doing the zumba and stuff to lose the weight, it was more about your teaching and passing your exams etc I think?

You have your goal of your fitness competition that you want to enter next year and you know that TT workouts and the accountablilty of the forum will get you there.

In the meantime, you can keep throwing your words of wisdom our way, because we never tire of them and you have so much to give, it's fab

Keep smiling and keep at it,

see you in the next contest, thanks for all your words of wisdom along the way

Cheers Katie
Old 12-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Thanks Katie,

When I get discouraged, I just have to check back here to know that this stuff does work. It's not always a straight shot to goal land, but we will get there if we don't quit.

The knee that I strained through sprinting and over stretching in yoga is now back to normal. It was incredibly hard to give it a total rest other than easy walking, but everything I read on the subject indicated that rest was paramount. The silver lining is that I thought hard about ways to move that protect the knee, and I came up with "Baby Burpees" and "Easy Get Ups". the baby burpees take out the hop back and the jump, and the easy get ups are essentially turkish get ups with no weight. They make a good no impact interval combo.

All of my clients so far have been over 45, so it is a big plus when I can find exercises that have metabolic effects without being too hard to intermediate exercisers.

Slowly but surely I'll work back up.

Stay Strong everybody.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Catherine, nothing worse than waiting for an injury to heal. Good job listening to your body and healing.
I have read that Turkish get ups are the perfect exercise and I believe it. Nothing easy about doing them with no weight. Best way to establish perfect form. Your clients will benefit. Slowly but surely you will get where you want to be. We are striving with you. Concetta