TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2010, 08:17 AM

Thumbs up I am fit and lean

This is pretty embarrassing. I am back for the nth time now, and I have not completed a number of challenges lately, but I won't quit.

Last time I was off to a great start and I lost 6,6 pounds in the first week or so, then the progress stopped a bit, my inter-semester break was over and I had to go back to school and I just didn't take the time to workout and prepare healthy meals etc.

Now I'm back where I started.

I am going to look at what I did in TC 3, and try to find out what made me do it. One thing that is hard is that I don't feel as desperate as I did then. I look the same, but I feel a lot better (which is good I guess). But it hinders me from having the progress I want because I don't seem to want it enough, so I need to find alternative ways of motivating myself, something other than the hate for my body I had back then.

I think a couple of key factors for me that transformation was that
1 I took pictures every single day, which meant that I couldn't really "cheat" any day, because I wanted to see progress from day to day, so i was always very focused.
I was also active on these boards, which I believe helped a lot. So those are two things I will try to repeat this time to keep me going to the end.

It will also be easier since it's the summer holidays, so even though I'll be working I'll have a lot more time to exercise etc.

I will also be living with my parents which means grocery shopping will happen by car, which makes it easier to buy lots of fruit and vegetables.
Where I live now I have to go to a market that's only open Thursday to Saturday, and it's about a 40 min walk in each direction, and that is a bit far to go and to carry back lots of bags of fruits and veggies, they DO weigh a lot!
So I think that will make it a lot easier this time.

An other factor that has changed is that for the first 2 months of the challenge I will not be with my husband, he is staying in England working, while I'm working in Norway. That makes it easier both because of time, but also because I won't feel like eating unhealthy food as much. He's very slim naturally, and can pretty much eat whatever, and that does make it a lot harder for me when I want to have an ultra healthy diet. It's hard to be a couple and eat completely different things at every meal..

Also, When I get home my dad will still want to loose weight, so we can eat healthy together and motivate each other, so that is going to be great!

I'm still not joining for a few more days, I have a project due at school on Thursday ad I'm going back to Norway on Friday, and then it's our national day on Monday 17th of may which means cake and ice cream and hot dogs :P So my official start date will be Tuesday the 18th of may!

I just waited to post here now to get my mind set on it and to start preparing for it mentally. I have to say that in my experience it's more than anything a mental challenge, so if only I can get my mindset right this should go smoothly!

Oh, and that is also why I chose that title. I need to think that I am fit and lean, if I think I will be I'm just going to keep thinking I will be, and never actually get there! But I will get there, so by the end of this contest the title should be correct!

I'm looking forwards to reconnect with old contestants and friends and also meeting new ones!

Good luck to everyone
Old 05-11-2010, 08:46 AM

Craig has always said that we need a plan and you have a very good one. I understand the problem of living with someone who eats completely different, it does make it difficult. Sorry your husband will be away, but it sounds like it will help. Good luck and thanks for your kind words in my thread. Concetta
Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 AM

Good luck to you as well, it sounds like you have a great plan...
Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 AM

Good luck and welcome back

Also, Norway is a beautiful country, I had the pleasure to visit it many time while I was in the NAVY attached to the NATO fleet.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:24 AM

Evaki,

With an attitude like yours, I know you will achieve the goals you set. You've great understanding of where you are and vision on where you want to be. Embrace that and keep us posted on your progress!

Best wishes,
Mike
Old 05-24-2010, 09:38 AM

Wink

Good luck Eva! How is your Dad doing with his TT Journey??? He had some great results....Rob
Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 PM

(I am Eva, writing through my dads account since my membership has ended.. hoping to win it back this contest!)

Thank you all for your support!

I haven't been writing lately since my membership ended (typical right when I was doing well again!) But I have taken my photoes, weight, measurements etc and I'm about 1,5 weeks into my transformation and I've lost about 2kgs so far. My dad and I am going to the gym together right after I've finished writing this, I'm just going to print out the new bodyweight cardio workout!

I'm joining the 5 week contest as well, maybe if I win something there I can stay active here during the rest of the contest! I really hope so! I miss the support I can get here... I tried starting a diet and exercise log in another fitness forum, but people just eally don't seem to care as much there.

Got to go!

Talk to you all later, and good luck!

Eva
Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Great Job Eva! I like the idea of the 5 week contest too! Good luck to you! You'll stick with it this time for sure, sounds like you have a great plan!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:22 PM

Hi Eva, welcome back and good luck! The 5 week contest sounds like a great idea.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 PM

that totally didn't work! I got 3 part time jobs and worked about 11 hours a day 6 days a week for about a month, and then around 50 hours a week the rest of the summer.. including at a gym actually, so some fitness was gained and weight lost, but no time for tt and I ate cookies and drank chocolate milk way too often at work. (two clothes stores that were almost next to each other in a mall.. so morning sift in one, then afternoon shift in the other) I was really lucky!! But it did interfere severely with my transformation plans! :P