TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_quiz View Post
An essential part of increasing fitness is recovery. When we train, we stress the body which reacts by increasing its capability to manage that stress. That is how we become fitter.

However, this increased capacity occurs in the recovery period. Without allowing the body enough time to recover, this adaptation cannot occur.

Follwing three TT sessions a week incoproates these principles brilliantly. But, many people, particularly if faced with a competition, are motivated to do more. If three sessions are good then four must be better!! The temptation is that the days between TT sessions can become full blown sessions thenselves.

My tip therefore is to ensure that you have adequate recovery. On your non TT days, initially take things very easily and monitor your recovery. As you get fitter, gradually increase the amount you do on your easy days. It is easy to see what experienced guys are doing on their 'off' days and think that is the way to go. Remember, it has taken them a long time to achieve the fitness level to train to that level. An essential component to build fitness is recovery. Plan your recovery with the same diligence you plan your training.
Great advice Billy!!!!!

I believe that's where too many people fail, reading others journals and
assuming they can do that, but if you are not physically ready, it's no go..
and you give up, frustated.. Don't get caught up in that..

Cheers
Ma
Old 01-17-2010, 03:43 AM

Default A question for Craig B

One thing I would like to ask.... when I look at the results people get from their 12 weeks of TT something that stands out for me is the difference in results. Is there a big reason for this? is it just the difference in people- at what stage they were at when they started- fitness levels etc or would it be more likely to be how well they have stuck to the nutritional and exercise side of things. Or a combination of everything?.
I'm guessing a combination of everything and that there could be alot of different reasons (all of the above and more) is the obvious answer but thought i'd ask as you see all of the pictures and read the essay's/see the before and after stats, can you pin point any obvious/not obvious differences?.

If you were to say two things that were the main reasons for the best results over the average results, what would they be?

Thank you :-)

Suzanne
Old 01-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Administrator

1) Diet
2) Where you started from
Old 01-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Default Listen to your bodyyy!!!

Iīll say, listening to your body... If you eat and pay attention, you can say exactly the moment your body says enough, stop eating!, but we never listen, is to hard to stop. Sometimes taste is really good, another times is an expensive meal and you donīt want to leave half the plate, but most of the time you program yourself to eat the complete portion you get, and thatīs the most important mistake of all. We canīt plan the quantity of food weīll take because our body always have different needs, so we have to learn to listen and stop whenever our body tells us, even if the plate is 80% full.
So, one of my goals is to learn to stop in the exact moment.

I also support baby steps... It took me 3 years to change bad habits, and Iīm still changing them, but itīs worth it...
Old 01-17-2010, 04:53 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
1) Diet
2) Where you started from
Thank you, I can easily say for me the only time I have ever been able to lose weight is when I have concentrated on what I eat. REALLY concentrate and stick with good choices and limits.
I have used weights before but not for a decent enough amount of time for it to make a difference and when we got our Husky I was walking her one hour (5km's) in the morning at 5am before everyone else woke up and then again for an hour (5km's) at night when I could. Usually about 9pm but anytime between 7pm and I think the latest I did it was 10pm- home at 11pm once everyone was fed and in bed. (definitley possible with a family and little monkeys if willing not to just sit on butt every night once kids in bed)
10km walking a day, that made me feel great as long as I got to bed after a shower when I got home but it changed my weight (going by the scales) by less than 2kg, I think I lost 1.7kg over two months of doing that 6-7 days a week. However I did notice my 'bumps' (thighs, hips, bum) tighten a little. When I began shift work with the Police that could no longer happen as frequent/ consistently as both my partner and I do shift work- not often home at the same time so need to be there for our 3 & 4 year olds. Another reason your workouts are just perfect- not long and I can do it in the garage with the kids right there with me.
For intervals I have started to skip for the intense part and step up and down (walking speed) on step for the lower insensity part.

Thanks Craig
Suz
Old 05-03-2010, 07:50 PM

Smile early morning training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Great stuff!

Who else has some tips on sticking with it?

What about tips on helping some folks to get out of bed early in the morning to do their program?
I think i actually train better in the morning and it's damn sure quieter in the gym then so i'd love to get up and train before work...but not managed it yet. however, i still maintain i will go in the morning before work. never know - tomorrow might be the day
Old 08-01-2010, 09:54 PM

Daily mindfeed - subscribe to inspiring newsletters and podcasts and read/listen daily. Keeps you learning and you have ideas from which to draw should you feel stuck. Use the forums for this as well. Get on every day! More if you have to.

Use a variety of means to measure progress because the scale alone may not shift or may even go up. If you also have photos, measurements and body fat, you can tell if you are making progress and motivation stays high. I chart all this in a spreadsheet and can quickly see progress.

Reward yourself for making progress. For me, that's new workout clothing as things became too large. And regular clothing as well. Not food!

On food - find a diet that you enjoy. After a fast, if you're doing fasts, plan exactly what your meal will be. Something yummy! Enjoy eating! Use this time to find a diet that makes you feel good.

Tell everyone about the whole process. Although some will try to drag you down, know that that is their stuff and focus on the others, the ones who ask questions and share that they are starting, are also making progress. It is wonderful to inspire people! There were days I answered emails for over an hour.

Follow people who are ahead of you. Pick their brains. This is the flipside of the previous. But don't compare! Not everyone goes at the same rate. I am becoming the best ME. Just use success stories to help you see what can happen.
My TT#9 contest thread