TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2009, 07:58 PM

I missed the deadline also.. my internet has been down for a few days but i thought id share with everyone anyway

This is my second TT Transformation Contest my ultimate goal in both has been to find my six pack. As well as gain some lean muscle become fitter and stronger.
TC6 has been a bit of a bumpy ride for me health wise, I spent close to 2 weeks in bed and the rest of the 12 weeks on a very strict high carb high protein allergy testing diet. I started out full of determination and big goals only to find a couple of weeks in that i had lost all my strength and energy but with the help of my doc and dietician we are headed in the right direction to find out the cause! and i am regaining more and more energy every day.

I started out with 2K9 but in the end had to drop the weights and stick to easy bodyweight intervals and core work. All pieced together from TT workouts

I did acheive some of my goals during TC6, I stuck to my nutritional plan for 11 weeks of eating clean (no preservatives etc) excusing the four slices of bread that I had to eat for the last two weeks... to be tested for cealiacs.
I did some form of exercise min of 4 days a week even when i was feeling my crappiest. I listened to the bod though and took it easy when I felt I needed too
My BF% is the lowest its been in my adult life.. woohoo

So I do feel that I have acheived something and feel that I am looking better then ever after TC6. I have big plans for TC7 when it arrives... cant wait
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front1 Sept.JPG (25.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Front2 Dec.JPG (25.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Side1 Sept.JPG (22.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Side2 Dec.JPG (22.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 PM

a couple more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back1 Sept.JPG (26.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Back2 Dec.JPG (24.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Back3 Dec.JPG (25.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Flex1 Sept.JPG (24.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Flex2 Dec.JPG (25.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-13-2009, 08:40 PM

Default Oatmeals results for TT#6 Contest

Well here are my results for the TT #6 contest. First of all I lost my photos from day 1, but I do have the newspaper. I took a photo of the daily paper when I started; thankfully I still had that in my workout journal.

I set a modest goal of losing 7lbs to reach a BF% of 12. Well that didn't happen. The results I did get where not what I wanted, but under the circumstances I am happy with them. The first 4 weeks I did the Depletion Workout, weeks 5-8 I did the Reconstruction workouts and weeks 9-12 I did the Big 5. I love the Big 5…is there more like this coming? I sure hope so.

About three weeks into the contest my job was eliminated so my schedule was totally shot to hell. The biggest issue was really eating. In my first TT contest I noticed that if I didn't eat 2300 calories I didn't lose any fat i.e. weight. The last month and a half has been extremely difficult to eat enough. The diet has been for the most part in par with my first TT contest, but I just wasn’t hungry and didn’t eat enough.

This has been a very difficult contest for me personally. Partly because of the lose of my job and the stress that created, but also because I didn’t use the forums daily like I have in the past. I will surely start to post after every workout simply because it helps.

Here are my starting stats/Finish stats:
Weight: 170lbs / 178lbs
Thigh: 23 ” / 24”
Calf: 16” / 16”
Bicep: 14 1/8” / 14 ”
Forearm: 12” /12 ”
Wrist: 6 ” / 7”
Chest: 39 ” / 40 ”
BF% : 15% / 16%

(It was difficult to measure fat, but the measurement falls within the margin of error for the scale)

Just an interesting tid bit. In the last 12 weeks I spent 38 hours working out and burned 32,800 calories!! Although as you can see I didn’t lose any fat, but I did add some mass. I also could see some good definition in my legs and I really noticed a big jump in strength in week 9-12.

Once again thanks Craig for all the hard work you’ve done creating this program. And to all who participated, you should be proud of your accomplishment! Merry Christmas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oats Start of TT-6 Sept 14 2009.jpg (83.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg TT-6 Finish Dec 10 2009.JPG (66.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Oatmeal front TT-6 12-10-09.JPG (64.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Oatmeals back tt-6 12-10-09.JPG (62.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Oatmeals Calf TT-6 12-10-09.JPG (53.3 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Oatmeal : 12-13-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 AM

Well, I finished my 12 weeks a few weeks ago, but just haven't had a chance to post them until now.

Over my 12 weeks, I did the following workouts:
TT for Jacked and Lean Meatheads
TT Fusion Fat Loss Intermediate
TT 2009 Fusion Fat Loss

I also was doing a lot of kettlebell work from ETK in the latter half of the contest, so I would substitute Kettlebells for dumbells in some of the TT workouts.

Stats: Beg/End
Weight: 113.5/109.5
Bust: 34.5/34"
Arm: 10.5"/10"
Waist: 27.5"/27.5"
Hip: 36"/36"
Thigh (high): 20"/19.5"

My essay:

Well, this has been a one-year anniversary of my first TT contest, and it's been quite a journey! I started off looking pretty good, but not as lean as I'd like. I ended up about the same, although I feel like I'm much stronger in my upper body. While I stuck to my workouts most of the time, I was not good about keeping my nutrition clean. I had a particularly stressful fall at work, and that was a factor, but I can't let it be an excuse.

I have been having a bit of mental conflict around nutrition. I have been struggling with how much and how often to eat during maintenance, and how frequently I can "cheat." As a result, I waffled back and forth a bit during the contest. During the last four weeks, I went back to using Eat Stop Eat, because it required less mental energy for me, which was a good thing. I also had an ill-timed vacation one week before my 12 weeks ended, and had a lot of trouble finding healthy foods to eat, but I do think my habits and choices were SO much better than they would have been last year at the same time. I've also been struggling with post-workout nutrition. I feel like now that I'm getting stronger and am fairly lean, I need something more substantial for recovery, so I've occasionally been having a post-workout shake instead of just chocolate milk or something similar.

I think the nutritional issues show in the fact that my waist and hip measurements, while good, didn't move during the contest, even though my weight fell. I know I can get my waist to 27" and my hips to 35", so it's just a matter of sticking with a clean eating plan.

As for Turbulence Training, the workouts are now just part of my routine, and I love being able to get my "Burn" without cardio. I do my TT workouts 3x per week, and then do a full kettlebell workout once a week with my RKC trainer. My workouts are fun, varied, and I get in and out of the gym quickly, which is essential with my busy schedule as a working mom of two kids.

I set a few goals for myself by the end of the year, and I'm doing well so far. They were:
20 2-hand kettlebell swings with a 20kg kettlebell - met this 12/12!
125 lb deadlift x 5 reps (issue is grip strength)
5 chins (stuck at 4 for months!)

All in all, what I've learned during this contest is that if I stay with my workouts, and follow my normal eating habits, I can maintain what I have and stay in my size 4 clothes without any issue. But if I want to turn it up a notch and see my abs and get into size 2 clothes, I need to get more intense and strict. I'm not sure how much I want to maintain that kind of intensity, but if I can find a way to do it without feeling deprived, then I'm willing to try. I'll stay with my workout plans and continue my pursuit of the right nutritional plan for me.

I'm only posting my front pics since there aren't many differences visible. Hard to see without flexing, but I can confirm that my arms and shoulders appear larger. Interesting that my arm measurement (unflexed) is actually smaller than it was before.

Last edited by lizanneh : 12-14-2009 at 01:25 AM.