TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Talking Because I want to feel GREAT!

I'm back!

(sorry about the following novel, read it if you want, but really, it won't hurt my feelings if you don't!)

For those of you (most I guess) who don't know me:

My name is Eva, I'm 22 years old, Norwegian, married, living in EnglandI used to dance ballet but stopped because of some back problems amongst other things, I've had a pretty messed up relationship with my body because of the dancing, and in 2008 I completed a transformation contest here, because I was horrified by looking myself in the mirror after a few months of not dancing 5 hours a day.
I made a video about my transformation that you can watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHyjwX2NJ-U

After that I gave a membership to my dad as a birthday gift and helped him get started with the program, and this helped him loose a lot of weight and he won one transformation contest and got 2nd place in another It has helped his health immensely!

Now, two years later I'm back to where I was in my before's from TC3. I have been for a while, and I've been trying to loose the weight whole and half heartedly several times in that time period without any lasting success.

I don't know what motivated me to suddenly renew my membership here and start a contest, but what ever it is I'll use this motivation to the maximum! I think it's as simple as my title, I want to feel great!

I have so much less issues with my body now than while I was dancing and shortly after dancing. A couple of days ago I was looking at my transformation video and I just really want to look like that again, and feel greater than I did then, because I know I will appreciate it more now, as I have a more correct image of myself. I'm happy with who I am now, but why settle for happy/content when I know I can do so much better. And I know I can because I have. I have no excuses. I've done it before, I can do it again!

I've tried to figure out what I did different back then than recent attempts, and one thing was that I spent a LOT of time on this forum and in general on reading about health and fitness and weight loss online. That's why I renewed my membership now, to stay accountable, to find help and support, and also paying the monthly fee is an extra commitment that should push me further.

I still haven't made a proper plan yet, as I decided to join yesterday, and today is my first day. Normally I would take more time to plan first, but I simply wanted to get started! No excuses, no postponing and no more eating just this or that before starting. I have started, I can't go back.

I will probably start with a bodyweight program, as I can do it at home and it's usually better for my back, and a nice controlled way to get back into shape without risking to many injuries. For intervals I will run, although I hate it :P I've tried doing it on a bike too, but it just doesn't seem as effective for me. I also have a gym membership at uni, so I can use the gym there and go and take fitness classes from time to time. I think I'll have a goal to do to a week. They have one I've done once that's a boxing fitness class which was great, really exhausting, but with such adrenalin and energy that you manage to push yourself through it!

I will do a new post with stats and measurements and more precise goals and plans later today.

Oh, for nutrition I will not follow a specific program. That seems to be difficult for me because I can never get all the food/ingredients etc I am supposed to and I don't have a car or bike to go shopping, so it makes it complicated. I will however track my food on fitday at regular intervals to make sure I stay within my calorie range, and I will have a variety of DO and DO NOT eats. I might also make a photo log of everything I eat like I did at the end of TTC3 to keep me accountable for everything I eat.

If I do that I'll probably post them on some other blog and just put a link there, that might be easier.

I will also apply ESE to help things move along. That's what I did at the end of TTC3 when nothing else worked! It helped me get through the plateaus without "cheating" and such. I don't really believe in that stuff. I've tried joel marions cheat your way thin etc, but it just made me constipated and I didn't really loose weight and having cheat days just made me want to cheat more often as it threw me off the healthy eating habits and the "healthy eating feeling" you get when you eat right.

Anywhooo...

Todays breakfast was:

1 egg,
1/5 onion,
1/2 avocado,
1 tomato,
12 drops olive oil,
1ts sunflower seeds,
1tsp sesame seeds

The contest ends right before the easter holiday when I'm going to the Canary Islands with my husband, so that is perfect timing. It is also my husbands birthday in april, so that is another motivation. I will make up more goals an "rewards" that will help me reach my ultimate goal as well.

My husband suggested that if I achieve all my goals (for example not eat anything with sugar except if impolite not to at dinner parties or similar, do ALL my workouts and some others) we could both go to Paris for a weekend together. I think that sound like a wonderful idea It will help keep me on my toes. We also agreed we can have other smaller rewards for if I achieve not all but most of my goals etc.

A toast, with a glass of fresh water with ice cubes and a twist of lemon, to a wonderful, healthy, successful 2011 for us all!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Welcome back Eve! What a great video! Very inspirational!
You can do it! You know what works for you and now that you also got motivation, you will succeeded!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:04 AM

Welcome back! I remember reading your posts from TT3 when I was in TT4 and seeing your video too!

You mentioned time on the forums as a means of success last time, I agree with you totally. So far it's shaping up to be a great group of people here. I am looking forward to talking to you!

Are you a platinum member? I don't know if it's just for them or not, but if you go to the TT home page under "most recent additions" I think, look for the 31 interval workouts...lots of great ideas there. I thought of it when you mentioned hating running for intervals. Some running stuff in there (wind sprints) but lots of other things too!

Tina here in Canada

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 01-13-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanaTT View Post
Welcome back Eve! What a great video! Very inspirational!
You can do it! You know what works for you and now that you also got motivation, you will succeeded!
Thank you!
I do feel like this could be it. I usually say that :P But this time it is a little bit different. Not stalling the beginning day is a good indicator for me! I feel like I've made a decision this time, a real commitment.
I'm glad you like the video I really hope it can be inspirational for many, I use it for inspiration myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Welcome back! I remember reading your posts from TT3 when I was in TT4 and seeing your video too!

You mentioned time on the forums as a means of success last time, I agree with you totally. So far it's shaping up to be a great group of people here. I am looking forward to talking to you!

Are you a platinum member? I don't know if it's just for them or not, but if you go to the TT home page under "most recent additions" I think, look for the 31 interval workouts...lots of great ideas there. I thought of it when you mentioned hating running for intervals. Some running stuff in there (wind sprints) but lots of other things too!

Tina here in Canada
Thank you for your reply
I'll definitely check out the 31 different interval workouts. I have tried some different varieties before, and even though I don't like the running one it seems to be very effective for me as pushes me really hard, which might be why I don't like it :P I get soooooo tired from it!

I want to believe that the forum doesn't help that much and that I can do it on my own, but that is maybe the biggest difference between all my past weight loss attempts that haven't really worked and the time it did work, so there has to be something there! :P I've tried other forums too (since my membership ran out) but haven't really found the positive uplifting support that I experienced here. I hope you're right about the people, it makes such a huge difference! haven't had time to read too much here yet..

Will stop by your thread, wish you all the best in this contest!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 PM

Hello! I enjoyed seeing your video and got some good ideas to add to my list of things to try. I've never been in great shape and want to try it out.

Good Luck and hope you get to go to Paris!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-13-2011, 05:10 PM

Default Welcome

Welcome to the contest, Eva. What a great video of your last contest! It must be so inspiring to know that you're capable of doing this, since you've done it before.

Best of luck to you and sorry about your dancing career that's very sad.

Rachel

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 AM

Good luck in the contest, Eva. Your video was brilliant! I know you can do it again!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-14-2011, 09:57 AM

Default Where it all begins

Statistics January 13th 2011

Hight: 174 cm

Weight: 156lbs (70.7kg)
BMI: 23.72
Waist to height ratio: 0.41
BF%: 28.72 - 28.3 - 33.0 (according to two online calculators and my scale)
Lean body mass: 111.7lbs (50.7kg)
Body water%: 44.3

Measurements:

Neck -34 cm
R Upper arm - 31 cm
R lower arm - 24.5 cm
R wrist - 15 cm
Bust - 87.5 cm
Chest (under bust) - 78 cm
Waist (narrowest) - 72 cm
Belly button (b.b.) - 84 cm
"bump" below b.b - 90 cm
Hips (above bum) - 94 cm
Hips (widest) - 106.5 cm
R Thigh (widest) - 63.5 cm
R Thigh (middle) - 51.5 cm
R Above knee - 43 cm
R Calf - 38 cm
R Ancle - 23 cm

Nutrition:

* Only drink water or smoothies/home made milkshakes (but these count as meals)
* Not eat ANYTHING containing sugar (exception is dinner parties or similar if it is rude to say no, but I can not "take advantage" of the situation)
* Eat meat sparingly
* Eat pre-package food sparingly (but for instance canned beans and tuna is OK)
* Eat a lot of fruit, vegetable and nuts.
* Eat dairy products sparingly (but some cheese in omelet or milk in post workout shakes for example is OK)
* Eat bread, pasta etc sparingly
* Fast minimum once, maximum twice a week for 24 hours.

Track what I eat on fitday.com at regular intervals to make sure I stay within my caloric range, not too much, not too little. I'll aim at 1600-1700 on the days I'm not fasting (might adjust this when I've lost more weight).

(I experienced in TC#3 that it seemed like I lost more when eating between 1500-1700 than when I tried to cut back more and eat 1200-1450 kcal. Interesting! but it's easy to think the less you eat the more you loose. Currently fitday says I should eat app. 1650kcal a day)

Exercise:

Do EVERY single workout, 3 body weight or free weights etc + 3 intervals a week.
Also attend 1-2 fitness classes at the uni gym
If "the ballet society" at uni manages to put together some ballet inspired fitness classes 1-2 times a month to attend those

Planning and tracking:

Every Thursday:
Plan my workout schedule for the following week and stick to it
Plan when to fast the following week, and stick to it
Take weekly comparison pictures (can be posted Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
Review week, adjust and post new goals

Every day:
take pictures of the food I eat (upload to my blog every day or every other day)
take a front bathing suit picture of myself
read and post something on ttmembers.com
weigh myself (For me it works best to do it daily)

Monthly:
Update all stats (weight, bf, BMI, measurements etc)
Review month, adjust and post new goals

GOALS!

Do every workout
Not eat any sugar

Be a finalist

Weight: 135lbs (-21lbs)
BF: 21% (-7.7% a bit steep, but I KNOW I CAN DO IT!)

Chest: 74cm (-4cm)
Waist: 64cm (-8cm)
Hips: 97cm (-9.5cm)
Thigh: 57cm (-6.5cm)
Upper arm: 27cm (-3cm)

Be able to do 35 push ups on toes
Be able to do 1 full pull up

Generally to fully appreciate my fitness and looks when I reach my goal (and on the way) and always avoid negative thinking. Allow myself to be proud of the efforts I put in.

Goals for this month:
Loose 7-10 lbs (must start big since it will get harder)
Complete Home Abdominal Workout Beginner/Intermediate
Track my workouts and do a little better every time
Clearly see a difference in comparison pictures

Plan this week:
Thursday: Home Abdominal Workout (HAW) A
Friday: Intervals
Saturday: HAW B + Intervals -- Start fasting
Sunday: End fast
Monday: HAW A + Intervals
Tuesday: "Boxercise" at the uni gym
Wednesday: "Yogalates" or similar at the uni gym

Goals this week:
Complete all workouts + fast
Eat no sugar
Only drink water and post-workout shakes/smoothies
Loose 4 lbs (I always loose more the first week, 4 lbs should be possible!)
Take pictures of everything I eat and post on my blog (see signature)
Track all I eat on fitday
Track my workouts
Go to sleep between 10 and 11 every day
Get up before 8.30 every day

My apologies for the bad light in the pictures, but our good camera broke and my old cameras flash is broken :S
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC#10DAY1.jpg (22.1 KB, 32 views)
Old 01-14-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
Welcome to the contest, Eva. What a great video of your last contest! It must be so inspiring to know that you're capable of doing this, since you've done it before.

Best of luck to you and sorry about your dancing career that's very sad.

Rachel
Thank you! It definitely helps to know I am capable. And makes it all the more embarrassing if I don't do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
Hello! I enjoyed seeing your video and got some good ideas to add to my list of things to try. I've never been in great shape and want to try it out.

Good Luck and hope you get to go to Paris!
Great! Hope whatever those things were they will work for you!
Paris would be great! And especially after such a transformation That will make me enjoy it so much more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Good luck in the contest, Eva. Your video was brilliant! I know you can do it again!
Thank you! I'm really excited about this one!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 AM

Unhappy Day 2 - help!

Ups and downs..

I've already lost 1.2 lbs! That's a big yey! (esp. since the day before yesterday I weighed 0.8 lbs more than yesterday, a lot of holiday water weight I bet!)

The down is that I had a "dancedream". Might not sound too bad, but to me they are. I was dreaming that I was back in school dancing, or more accurately not dancing because of my back, but then a teacher gave me a part in a dance piece anyway, and I could do it! I was dancing on stage, feeling wonderful, and then I woke up and realized it was not real.
It might sound stupid, but I started to cry. To stop dancing is the hardest thing I've ever done. It was my entire life since I was 5 years old until I was 19. All I ever dreamed of was dancing and all I did was dancing. I identified myself as a dancer and not much else. When I stopped dancing I went through a major identity crisis and a somewhat short depression. I was often surprised I could still exist even though I was not dancing. To me living and dancing was one and the same thing. Dancing, especially ballet, gives me a feeling I have not felt doing anything else, and when I have a dream like that where I relive that state of mind, that feeling, that identity, it's just really tough to wake up. In real life I feel like it's all a dream, it almost feels as if it never really happened. I don't know how to best describe it, but in one way it's kind of like if someone had a leg amputated and then dreamed that they were running in the forest... even if I wanted to I could not dance the way I did, it takes too much practice and my back is still troubling me.

You might think "what does this have to do with the transformation contest?" But for me it has everything to do with it. For some reason my body and mind can't really separate fitness or being thin from dancing, and every time I start on a diet or workout program that is at all successful I get "dance dreams".

When I woke up after this dream I got the feeling that the whole basis of this contest for me ("Because I want to feel GREAT!") was a lie, that it is all just a hopeless attempt to go back in time to when I was dancing. I know that that is not true. I know that I can still feel great about my body and my health even if it is not dance related, but that dream, and that feeling was a real blow in the face. It told me no matter how hard you work, even if you reach all your goals and look even better than when you were dancing you won't achieve that feeling, you won't feel as good as you did then." And that feeling is really hard to shake off!!

And it just bugs me so much that those kind of things have to happen whenever I try to take care of my body! It's almost like the "excess fat" protects me from facing those feelings because it keeps the dancing part of me at a distance. That is actually one of the reasons I have given up on earlier weight loss attempts the past couple of years. It's all in our heads!

But I won't let this hold me down! It's just really annoying.. I can't control my dreams

I read this blog post from Catherine (TT winner and finalist on several occasions) today and it did help, and might help someone else, so here's the link:
http://beautybuilding.blogspot.com/2...-work-out.html
She's so right! If I can get that mindset it will help a ton.

I realize now that my main challenge this contest is not to not be lazy or to make the right diet choices, it's to regain my identity, to take control of my life and my feelings, my self esteem and self value, and to define myself as who I am as a person, and to "conquer" the faulty image I had and apparently still have that my worth is weighed in my skills with dance. I often think I'm over it, but that's simply because I avoid anything that reminds me of it. And nothing reminds me of it more than exercising and improving, setting and achieving physical goals. But I can't let it hold me back anymore. I have to get through it so I can enjoy the memory, and also enjoy the present.

Last edited by Evaki : 01-14-2011 at 10:56 AM.