TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
Oooh I think I'm going to do the gauntlet next. That looks like my kind of exercises. Glad to hear your nutrition plan is going good. Hope the rest of the week goes as planned. I had a really tough time with my first fast too, but I thought the second one was much better when I made sure I had lots of protein for the last meal before the start and drank enough water during the day.

Good luck!

Jami
Hope you enjoy gauntlet- it's been fun so far! And so far I'm 21 hours and 15 min into the fast - so made it further than I expected to earlier today! Drinking lots of water definitely helps with getting through it. Well, that and doing all I can to keep myself occupied and distracted.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:28 PM

Almost done with week 2!

ESE fast on Thurs I ended up making it 23 hours before eating- so pretty happy with that Fasting does get easier the 2nd time around. And hopefully will continue to get easier and easier. Doing the fasts I've noticed that hunger tends to come and go in cycles.

Yesterday workout was gauntlet workout c: rounds of 5-10-15-10-5 reps
1) Kettlebell Snatch - I did 1 arm swings with 26 lb KB - (planned to go to a KB class this morning and didn't want my forearm to be bruised for it)
2) Vertical Jumps
3) T-Pushup - did as many as I could before dropping to knees (around 5 per side before dropping)
4) Chin-up - assisted with 45 lbs- these felt easier this time around
5) Prisoner Forward Lunge
6) Decline Close-Grip Pushup - did as many as I could on toes before dropping to knees (got 4 or 5 each set)
7) KB Swing - with 26 lb KB

Planned on doing a KB class this morning to work on technique but didn't get to make it there - had a dance/musical rehearsal today that started right in the middle of the class I was going to do. Oh well, maybe next Sat the scheduling will work better.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:21 AM

Oooo what musical?!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:03 PM

The musical is "Curtains" - it's a murder mystery, show-within-a-show type thing. With tons of song and dance numbers
Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 AM

Congrats on making it to a 23h fast! It does get easier doesn't it!?!?! And I find that you can really get to tell what is true hunger, and not just stuffing your face out of habit too!

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanieb View Post
The musical is "Curtains" - it's a murder mystery, show-within-a-show type thing. With tons of song and dance numbers
Sounds like my kind of musical
Old 01-24-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanieb View Post
Almost done with week 2!

ESE fast on Thurs I ended up making it 23 hours before eating- so pretty happy with that Fasting does get easier the 2nd time around. And hopefully will continue to get easier and easier. Doing the fasts I've noticed that hunger tends to come and go in cycles.
I so agree! I've only done 2 and have another one tomorrow. For me the fasting isn't as hard as only eating a regular meal afterwards. The next two days after I am so hungry!

Congrats on making it through week 2!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 PM

Default Week 3

Made it to the start of week 3 I heard somewhere that it takes something like 2 or 3 weeks to form a habit - so hope that means that I've re-formed/am re-forming my workout habit and have finally formed/am forming a habit of eating right.

Didn't get up early enough this morning to go to the gym (stupid dryers in my apartment building that don't work well and took waaaay too long to dry my laundry last night) so I did my workout tonight at home (I'm really not a fan of being at the gym when its super crowded like it is every night in January). I did workout A from gauntlet and all the shuttle sprints were quite entertaining- I have enough space to do them but my dog was chasing me and jumping on me the whole time- thinking it was some sort of game. He sure had a lot of fun with it- even though it made them impossible for me to really do.

Anyway, workout was 2x through:
1) Shuttle Sprint – 20 seconds
2) Prisoner Squat – 25 reps
3) Sprint – 20 seconds
4) Pull-up – assisted with band - 6 reps
5) Pushup – 12 reps
6) Pull-up – assisted 6 reps
7) 1-Leg Squat on Bench – 10 reps per side - did these as sort-of pistol squats with my suspension trainer
8) Elevated Pushup – 15 reps - did these on the suspension trainer as well
9) 1-Leg Squat on Bench – 10 reps per side
10) Underhand Inverted Row – 15 reps
11) Bulgarian Split Squat 1& ½ Reps – 12 reps per side
12) Underhand Inverted Row – 15 reps
13) Sprint – 20 seconds
14) Prisoner Squat – 25 reps
15) Sprint – 20 seconds

Progress update for start of week 3:
weight: 118 lbs (down 1)
body fat%: somewhere between 16.3 (calipers) and 24.1 (bioelectrical impedance)- average is down to 20.2% (so down a percent)
not really sure what to make of the bioelectrical one though - this week the weight dropped a bit and measurements also dropped a bit but the fat percentage for that one stayed about the same - calipers dropped though - pretty big range between them too- so not really sure what to believe - I think I'll stick with averaging the 2 of them.
fat mass: 23.8 (down 1.4)
lean body mass: 94.2 (up 0.4 from last time)
measurements: chest - same, waist -24.75 (down 0.25), hips 35 (down 0.5)

Really happy with how these first 2 weeks have gone, and excited to see how the remainder of these 12 weeks turn out for everyone!

Now its time to finish enjoying my cheat day, make myself study some renal physiology, and get ready for tomorrows fast day.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:29 PM

Finally managed to get to the gym again and continue my week 3 workouts yesterday afternoon. Was nice being there around 3 pm instead of 6 am I've been so tired this week that I just couldn't make myself get up to go in the morning - dunno why, maybe I'm fighting something off - have felt some soreness of the throat lately so that could explain it. Anyway got through workout B and am planning to do workout C tomorrow.

Failed a bit at sticking to the diet this week too - people in some of my small groups for different classes have been baking homemade cookies and bringing them in for everyone - so hard to pass up so I let myself have 1 on Wed and 1 on Thurs (even though neither of those days was a cheat day). Oh well - I'll just have to work on getting better about that as these weeks go on.

Anyway, yesterdays workout was: 2x through
1) Hang Leg Raise – 10 reps
2) Stability Ball Plank – 30 seconds
3) Stability Ball Rollout – 20 reps
4) Stability Ball Plank – 30 seconds
5) Stability Ball Jackknife with Hands on Floor – 20 reps on 1st set and 15 reps on 2nd one
6) Cross-Body Mountain Climber – 10 reps per side
7) Side Plank – 45 seconds per side
8) Spiderman Push-up – 10 per side - as many as I could before dropping to kneew
9) Chin-up plus Knee-up – 10 reps - did 5 eccentric chin-ups each round
10) Bulgarian Split Squat 1 & ½ reps – 12 reps per side
11) Spiderman Pull-up – 5 reps per side - did 5 eccentric pull-ups each time
12) Shuttle Sprint – 30 seconds
Old 01-29-2011, 09:22 AM

I'm all for eating healthy but also life is for living. And living is eating homebaked cookies.