TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2011, 08:19 AM

Default Wow

Great results Heather - Book a holiday and get yourself to the beach - You can rest your shoulder while you're there and use the other for lifting a few cocktails !
Old 04-03-2011, 12:31 AM

Well done Heather! Great results!!! Woo Hoo!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:48 PM

You guys are all great - thank you all for your kind comments. You really have been a terrific support network. I feel completely at ease with this whole group of contestants that have been hanging out in this forum - your regular pats on the back have really helped me. I've also come to grips this contest with my inability to post as regularly as I'd like and I think the laid-back nature of the people in this contest have helped me with that.

I've been out of touch for a week now. It's been an interesting week. I took in a 20-something woman and her child to help her break out of an abusive relationship. I was her anchor to get away. I've been up late talking and encouraging her; trying to help her find self-confidence and help her to believe that she has made the right decision. It's been a rough week for her but she has turned a corner. When she confided in me a month ago that she had tried to leave but had nowhere to go, I checked with my husband and the next day gave her my # and told her to call me if ever that happened again. I got the call last Sunday.

I basically took this past week semi-off due to my shoulder injury and due to just being busy in general. I did my intervals once during that time - after my shoulder wasn't hurting any more. I managed a few lower body workouts that I made up by pulling together a bunch of exercises from various TT workouts. It will be more of that this week as I need to rest the shoulder until mid-week. It's felt great but I don't want to push it too soon. I am eager to get back to a full body workout. In May I'm going to leave BW workouts and get back to some lifting now that I have a few goals in mind (back and triceps). Craig recommended TT2K4; I peeled away from the manual after doing TT2K3 per my physical limitations and Craig's advice at that time. Now I'm ready to take on TT2K4.

Nutrition's been a little more flexible this week. I've not been going crazy or anything but I didn't write anything down (took a break from that, too!) and just made mental notes. I had a coffee-mint smoothie one day (YUM), a blizzard (DQ) on another day and a milk shake on yet another day. I guess freezing ice cream-like drinks were what I have been missing ! I've gotten it out of my system now and will tighten things back up next week. I have not, however, broken my Lenten promise of no candy...and I even have some in my desk drawer that people gave to me at work. It's actually not tempting in any way!

I just posted my essay and other pics as well (just within the deadline).
I can't wait to read all the essays that are up - I didn't read any in advance so as not to influence my essay in any way. It sure was a difficult essay for me to "find" within my mind. As the 6th essay within the past year, I suppose that's not too much of a surprise!

Old 04-10-2011, 07:37 AM

Heather, I'm really proud of you for what you've achieved. You look really fit and strong. Well done and all the best in the contest.

You're doing a good thing with the 20-something mother and having a positive impact on so many people around you.

Well done.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 04-10-2011, 01:41 PM

Thanks, Gerry. I am glad to be where I am mentally (thanks in part to TT) because I don't know how else I could be a good support network if I didn't have any good sense of prioritizing myself for the sake of both me and my family. That's what she has to do now, and when you've been to where she has been, it's not an easy road to travel.