TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post
You can also be proud of what you have achieved too.

I do feel much more in control and control is of course all about choice.

I dont know about jealous Eva. I'm now sculpting a body I can be proud of.

I've kept the contest to myself so far. Lets see if I get nominated.... I'm not expecting to but if I do, I will no doubt, go public, and see how much support I can drum up.

You've said some very touching words there, and I'm very grateful.

Many thanks to you.

We have an expression in Norwegian that goes something like this "The greatest happiness you can achieve is making someone else happy" (sounds better in Norwegia, it even thymes :P)

Anyway, you deserve every word!

Also, yes, jealous.
I'm certain many younger guys would look at those after photoes and wish they had a physique like that! (ergo.. be a little jealous!)
Old 02-28-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Good luck Neil... !! Thanks for the BW tips in my thread.. you are right, the results do speak for themselves!! Cheers, Deb
You're very welcome Debz

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 02-28-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaki View Post

We have an expression in Norwegian that goes something like this "The greatest happiness you can achieve is making someone else happy" (sounds better in Norwegia, it even thymes :P)

Anyway, you deserve every word!

Also, yes, jealous.
I'm certain many younger guys would look at those after photoes and wish they had a physique like that! (ergo.. be a little jealous!)
Thanks again Eva.
One of the trainers at my gym (hes about 24) said pretty much the same thing, and that's very welcome.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:51 PM

Default Back to work (the day job) SO HUNGRY!!!!

recovery day today, and back to work after a long weekend with Friday off.

Spent all day in a freezing cold office. I got to work at 7am and didnt take my jacket off until nearly 3 in the afternoon!!!

Foodwise, breakfast same as yesterday, snack of some raw veg and strawberry protein/creatine shake, lunch was poached salmon, black eye beans cucumber an d tomatoes. Almonds and choc protein/creatine shake for afternoon snack.

took a sauna at the gym for 20 minutes and had 2 slices of ham, 1 slice of chicken, and rump steak fajitas (no tortillas though just meat and veg), and a couple of glasses of red wine.

I must admit, for the the first time in a while, I'm feeling constantly hungry. I'm still drinking a lot of water (about 4 litres a day) but the hunger is there. In fact its only about an hour since supper and I'm hungry again.

I think I've got to stop these couple of glasses of wine every few nights. Yes they are a psychological outlet but I'm still not sure as I guess these empty calories are adding up each week. I really think I'm going to have to get strict and make it every 5 days maximum. Definitely not having any more until Friday cheat day.

I dont know, maybe I'm a little anxious about the competition. Some people are talking like I might make the final page. I mean I believe in myself, but still the final page..... it seems like a dream at the moment.

I had a thought a few moments ago, I might create a "champagne fund" ready for the final day. I'm not a champagne fan, I think its overpriced vastly for what it is, but then again, once the transformation contest is over, why not. So every time I feel like having some wine, I think I might put a couple of quid in a jar and save it for the 8th of April and splash out on some bubbly, or 2!!! Hey, I will have been busting my butt for 12 weeks without rest! I'm sure Craig wouldnt pass judgment eh? Lol.

TT workouts start again tomorrow. I had planned to fast today and wednesday but I think I will do tomorrow and maybe 18 hours on thursday. I know its a mental thing, but I must admit, I have felt hungry hungry hungry all day. I could really do with finding something to keep my mind off food tomorrow. So I've only packed enough until lunchtime for tomorrow.

Planning on working out early tomorrow so will be aa coffee and chocolate protein shake before working out. cottage cheese and peas/beans for breakfast at work and mexican chicken/beans/salad for lunch. hoping that keeps me full, have made a bigger portion than today.

til next post

Old 02-28-2011, 06:01 PM

Keep up the good work. Don't worry about the final page, the path is really the benefit, if it leads to a prize all the better.

I have to agree on the wine, I was inlcuding it several times a week, but once I started tracking calories I realized I was much more satisfied if I ate something instead of drinking those calories.

If you are getting hungry you might also consider increasing your fat consumption, add an avocado, or even less lean cuts of meat...

TT's Completed:
TT Metabolic Finishers
TT Buff Dudes Hot Chicks
TT2k3
TT Switch
TT DB Depletion
TT 2k4
TT Meatheads Bench Press
TT for Meathead IV L&J
TT Hardcore 2K6
TT Reconstruction
TT Resistance Evil
TT Meatheads 4x4
TT for Meatheads V
TT for Reformed Meatheads
TTGauntlet
Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 PM

Hey Neil,

It sounds like you are doing great on the nutrtion front. Thats a shame you are hungry tho. Do you ever include any starchy carbs like oats, sweet potatoes or brown rice in your diet or have you cut them out to get leaner? More fat may help as adam said. You could include some nuts maybe or nut butter along with fruit/veggies as a snack.

I hear ya on the alochol front. I stuck to vodka and diet coke (ok i may have had a vodka jelly shot also but we made them as a house so couldnt say no) on sat night but my tolerance is on the floor so after 3-4 i was very merry indeed! This led to me eating some junk which was not good. But I'm not beating myself up over it. I'm gona learn from it and move on. I want to be in control and make the right choices so 2 drinks will be my limit from now on!

I do think you could be one of the finalists as your pictures speak for themselves. It will be interesting when the voting opens as there may be a lot more entries we don't know about yet.

All the best.

G
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 03-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Hey Neil,

It sounds like you are doing great on the nutrtion front. Thats a shame you are hungry tho. Do you ever include any starchy carbs like oats, sweet potatoes or brown rice in your diet or have you cut them out to get leaner? More fat may help as adam said. You could include some nuts maybe or nut butter along with fruit/veggies as a snack.

I hear ya on the alochol front. I stuck to vodka and diet coke (ok i may have had a vodka jelly shot also but we made them as a house so couldnt say no) on sat night but my tolerance is on the floor so after 3-4 i was very merry indeed! This led to me eating some junk which was not good. But I'm not beating myself up over it. I'm gona learn from it and move on. I want to be in control and make the right choices so 2 drinks will be my limit from now on!

I do think you could be one of the finalists as your pictures speak for themselves. It will be interesting when the voting opens as there may be a lot more entries we don't know about yet.

All the best.

G
G first of all many congratulations on making the final of the mini contest. I'm absoultely thrilled to make it too.

I must admit I'm finding the slow carb diet a bit tedious now. If you buy the 4 hour body Tim Ferris explains it a lot better. You still get a cheat day, but I'm now finding what I'm eating quite boring and I'm trying to make it more exciting.

Five rules of the slow carb diet:
1 avoid white carbs, or anything else that can be white eg flour, bread, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, etc (cauliflower is the only exception)
2 eat the same meals over and over
3 dont drink your calories (red wine in moderation permitted up to 2 glasses per day)
4 dont eat fruit (I find this hard and I really miss my apples, raspberries and blueberries)
5 take a cheat day once a week (naturally, I dont find this hard at all)

Youre getting great success. Keep going with it.

Again very well done, youve worked hard and deserve it.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Default Making the Final

today has been a difficult day, as I just found out that my father who is resident in a care home was admitted to hospital, with a suspected stroke. Fortunately it wasnt but it it is thought that it is a severe chest infection which has lead to pneumonia. My mum is bearing up ok, but this time of year is always difficult as in February 2 years ago, 2 of her sisters died of cancer within 3 days of each other...

Time is short tonight. I got back from work at 6 and then took mum over the hospital for visiting. Although I originally had planned to fast til breakfast tomorrow, I changed my mind on the way back home. However, the chicken I bought earlier in the week had gone off and with all that happened, well food didnt get a look in.

Workout B of TT March 2009 Madness - the KB/BW 10X20. I enjoy this one, and its one I've been doing occassionally as an "offday" workout. Although theres no interval training, I did 4 rounds of a KB/BW timed mini circuit.

A 1 arm KB cleans (30s per side with 20kg bell)
B Burpees (30s)
C Mountain climbers (30s)
rest 60s.

excluding warm up took about 50 mins.

Food

breakfast 6am chocolate whey & creatin shake with 2 cups of coffee (made into my protein mochachino)
post workout 7:45 6g BCAAs
morning snack 9am tub of peas and broad beans and 300g low fat cottage cheese
lunch 12pm 1 chicken breast, 1 can cannelini beans with lettuce cucumber tomato and discovery salsa and jalapenos.

Being boring tomorrow as lunch and snack will be the same. Again, only taking enough for lunch. Got parents' evening appointment at school so will be late back again. I dont think it will be another fast, but who knows eh?

I'm not going to say much about the final other than I'm surprised and honoured to make it. There are people with much more fat to lose than me.

I've only had time to post on one finalists thread as of yet. Will do the remaining 8 tomorrow one by one for personal congratulations to them.

Thats it for now

Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM

Hi Neil

Massive congrats on making the final! I knew you were a contender.
I am still in shock but v happy about making it also. So many good entries. It has give me a real boost to keep going.

On another note, I am really sorry to hear about your father. That mustve been tough to deal with esp at this difficult time of year. Family is so important. I wish your dad all the best and hope he recovers soon.

Keep going, you will get through this. You rock and I bet will continue to do so : )
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 03-02-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Hi Neil

Massive congrats on making the final! I knew you were a contender.
I am still in shock but v happy about making it also. So many good entries. It has give me a real boost to keep going.

On another note, I am really sorry to hear about your father. That mustve been tough to deal with esp at this difficult time of year. Family is so important. I wish your dad all the best and hope he recovers soon.

Keep going, you will get through this. You rock and I bet will continue to do so : )
Thanks Miss G.