TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-02-2011, 09:37 PM
midwestj's Avatar
midwestj midwestj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
I find this is working for me too, I can eat as much as I want but when I listen to my body, I eat only as much as I need.
Sometimes I felt like I was overeating, but over the last month and some days this approach is working, I'm maintaining my weight and the lifts are going up.

I have been testing my body fat and it seems to have gone down slightly, with my calipers its hard to tell, but the scanner said -1%. The skinfold pinch seems to have gone down as well, but its hard to correlate the mm's with the % at this stage. Anyways progress is coming along.

Workout B today, was great and resistance is going up on schedule.

I played hockey yesterday, will rest today and make up for the other days later in the week.
__________________
-Jason

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
midwestj's Avatar
midwestj midwestj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 315
Default

Workout C today, and some ice skating. Its a beautiful day outside today, 30 degrees and sunny, perfect for skating.

I am custom building a PC, ordered on Sunday night. The mega blizzard across the nation put the delivery behind schedule and its not here yet. I'm getting impatient, but it actually doesn't really matter because my windows 7 disks have not come in the mail yet.

Windows 7 with a student discount $65.99, Office 2010 for $9.99, and security suite software provided by charter my ISP! I am saving a couple hundred on software and a lot more on hardware because I'm building it myself.

I'm really excited to get everything out of the box and get it running. I haven't had a new computer since 2005.
__________________
-Jason

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
gesunelson's Avatar
gesunelson gesunelson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
Workout C today, and some ice skating. Its a beautiful day outside today, 30 degrees and sunny, perfect for skating.

I am custom building a PC, ordered on Sunday night. The mega blizzard across the nation put the delivery behind schedule and its not here yet. I'm getting impatient, but it actually doesn't really matter because my windows 7 disks have not come in the mail yet.

Windows 7 with a student discount $65.99, Office 2010 for $9.99, and security suite software provided by charter my ISP! I am saving a couple hundred on software and a lot more on hardware because I'm building it myself.

I'm really excited to get everything out of the box and get it running. I haven't had a new computer since 2005.
How cool! Always fun to have new toys! There's something very satisfying about putting it all together and being able to add in your own drives and extra memory.
__________________
Gerry

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-08-2011, 02:34 PM
midwestj's Avatar
midwestj midwestj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
How cool! Always fun to have new toys! There's something very satisfying about putting it all together and being able to add in your own drives and extra memory.
It came yesterday and I was so busy putting it together I forgot to record my workout. I'm still missing my windows 7 disks so hopefully they come today.

I did workout A. Increased weights again. This was a great workout I had a lot of energy. Must have been the buffalo wings!

My weight is at 179 today, so things are going along as planned. Funny thing was on Superbowl night when I went to bed, I weighed 189! I really did pig out a little too much, which is fine because thats only once a year. I had fasted from 5pm the day before it until 5 pm on Sunday. I broke the fast when the Superbowl started with hotwings and all kinds of appetizers. I actually slept through half the game.

I really am starting to feel and look a little bit leaner, I am happy that my plan seems to be working. It would be an awesome reality if gaining muscle and losing fat was as simple as lifting heavy, eating well and fasting.
__________________
-Jason

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-08-2011, 03:56 PM
rutherfordj2's Avatar
rutherfordj2 rutherfordj2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
I had fasted from 5pm the day before it until 5 pm on Sunday. I broke the fast when the Superbowl started with hotwings and all kinds of appetizers.
I took the same strategy, although I broke fast with spinach and every vegetable possible salad. I only did that because I sometimes experience a physiological backlash if I go from fasting to greasy or fatty foods. I suspect it has as much to do with the fatty foods as with the fasting, though. About 7 PM I joined you in the pigging out!
__________________
Josh

Transformation Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=10536

"Only that in which is me can understand what I am saying." Baba Ram Dass

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." -John Heider

"Everyone is a Being. Not everyone is a Becoming."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-08-2011, 07:44 PM
gesunelson's Avatar
gesunelson gesunelson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
My weight is at 179 today, so things are going along as planned. Funny thing was on Superbowl night when I went to bed, I weighed 189!
It sounds like you have it all under control and that's the key. I suspect that quite a lot of that weight gain would have been fluid. I've put on about 6 or 7 lbs on the night of a cheat day and then it drops over the next couple of days.
__________________
Gerry

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-10-2011, 02:43 AM
midwestj's Avatar
midwestj midwestj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
It sounds like you have it all under control and that's the key. I suspect that quite a lot of that weight gain would have been fluid. I've put on about 6 or 7 lbs on the night of a cheat day and then it drops over the next couple of days.
Ya I knew it was just temporary. 10 lbs was a lot I amused myself.

Well I am writing this post from my new desktop PC. Building was pretty smooth and it booted up right away, installed windows 7 lightning fast. Quad core processor! I'm loving the new PC.

I'm not so much loving the post office however. First of all, I was following the tracking numbers for my package that was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I checked my mail and nothing. I then checked the tracking numbers online again, and it recorded an attempted delivery was made, and a notice was left. Funny thing is I did not receive the notice. Lucky for me I was following the tracking numbers. So I called the post office yesterday to see if the package was there, they told me it was and that I could come pick it up. So I went to the post office and stood in the dreadful line for at least half an hour only to be told the package was out for delivery and not available right now, that I would have to pick it up tomorrow. I was pretty ticked off after that. The misinformation I was given caused me to waste of a lot of time. On top of that not being given a notice of attempted delivery, if I had not been tracking the package I would have never known I had to go pick it up, and it would have been sent back to the sender. How frustrating!

Since they weren't able to drop it in my mailbox during the "attempted" delivery I was expecting some type of box that was not able to fit into my mailbox, but no to my surprise it was packaged in an envelope, which could easily be dropped in the mail box. So I made two trips to the post office when I should have made none. A flawed system indeed.

So I made sure to call this morning for them to hold my package, and I picked up the package today, which was my windows 7 disks. Finally got her running and it was worth the wait.

I did workout b today. It was another great session.
__________________
-Jason

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
midwestj's Avatar
midwestj midwestj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 315
Default

No post office rants today lol. Did workout C, it was a good session.

I am excited to report some great results so far. This week I banged out 280 on the squat, 315 on the dead lift, 135 on the press, and 190 on the bench (lbs not kilos.) Those are my current numbers for repetitions.

I took a navel and waist measurement, and to my surprise I lost .5" in my waist, but the big difference is the navel measurement. I took three measurements and got 34 twice and 34.5" once which means that I am down 1.5-2 inches from the beginning of the contest measurement of 36". I am pretty pumped about this because my weight has actually gone up about a pound and I am maintaining it at around 179.5lbs. That can only mean one thing: that my plan is succeeding, that I have gained some muscle and lost fat. How awesome, the results are coming slow so its hard to tell if I had made any progress, but the numbers clearly don't lie! The best part for me is that my plan is so simple: lift heavy, eat well, rest a lot, and fast once a week. There are no complicated things involved like carb cycling and refeeds and all that other crap involved in other peoples muscle building fat loss protocols.

I bought a gallon of whole milk today, because when I was at the store I realized that whole milk had only 20 more calories per cup than 2% so I figured I would give it a try, and I like it a lot. I am going to permanently switch to this now.

I had two exams this week, and now I'm ready to kick back for the weekend.
__________________
-Jason

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Howell27's Avatar
Howell27 Howell27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
I took a navel and waist measurement, and to my surprise I lost .5" in my waist, but the big difference is the navel measurement. I took three measurements and got 34 twice and 34.5" once which means that I am down 1.5-2 inches from the beginning of the contest measurement of 36". I am pretty pumped about this because my weight has actually gone up about a pound and I am maintaining it at around 179.5lbs. That can only mean one thing: that my plan is succeeding, that I have gained some muscle and lost fat. How awesome, the results are coming slow so its hard to tell if I had made any progress, but the numbers clearly don't lie! The best part for me is that my plan is so simple: lift heavy, eat well, rest a lot, and fast once a week. There are no complicated things involved like carb cycling and refeeds and all that other crap involved in other peoples muscle building fat loss protocols..
Awesome! Great job on the results and even better on getting those results with a simple plan!
__________________
Donít let the perfect be the enemy of the good --Voltaire

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 PM
midwestj's Avatar
midwestj midwestj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
Awesome! Great job on the results and even better on getting those results with a simple plan!
Thanks Jami!

Well normally it would be time to switch workout plans, but I think I am going to keep doing reformed meatheads as long as I keep getting results. It has all the lifts I want to make progress in, and progress is coming along.

So today I did workout A, it was a good one.

Then I visited my grandmother for valentines day.

Yesterday when I broke fast I sort of pigged out a little too much so I am thinking about changing my Sunday fasting to start with breakfast, in place of beginning the fast on Saturday evening. It seems when I break fast with breakfast on Mondays before my workout that I do not over eat at all, so that should be more effective for me.

My grandmother who is a fan of the late Michael Jackson told me how he fasted once a week, interesting... I wonder if he used it for weight control or for the anti aging?
__________________
-Jason

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.