TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 07:00 PM

I'll have to check out a couple of your recipes, they look yummy. I have a sister who is living in Ljubljana and she is really enjoying her time there. She's also training to run a half marathon in a couple months. (She is much tougher than her big sister!)

How do you like the Slow Carb Diet? I've read a little about it, but haven't been too sure if I wanted to buy the book. Hoping it will show up on paperbackswap!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-08-2011, 04:26 AM

Hi Tatjana, I remember you from the TC8. It's good to see you back for this contest. Based on your posts so far, there is little doubt that you will meet and exceed your goals. I particularly like the nutrition information you're posting - it's giving me ideas for new things to try.

Best of luck to you.

Find me on Facebook
Old 01-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboybrent View Post
ahhh I just read that article/PDF. Didn't even consider trying that! thanks for bringing it up.
Why not? It might help.
So far I'm taking only 10 g per day, but will try to increase it next week. So far I think is helps to curb my appetite.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
I'll have to check out a couple of your recipes, they look yummy. I have a sister who is living in Ljubljana and she is really enjoying her time there. She's also training to run a half marathon in a couple months. (She is much tougher than her big sister!)

How do you like the Slow Carb Diet? I've read a little about it, but haven't been too sure if I wanted to buy the book. Hoping it will show up on paperbackswap!
Ooo, glad to hear that I'm living in Maribor.
Do you know which halfmarathon has she planned?

Slow carb is great so far. I'm missing fruit a little bit, but energy wise I'm ok. I'm not potato, rice or bread person and have o problem eating stews without bread.
I have tried low carb before, but had problem with energy. It seems that legumes give me enough carbs. Hope that weight will fall.

Book is great, but now I see that is not neccesary. Chapter on slow carb diet in the book is exactly the same as on Tim Ferriss's blog. Just some additional info. But the book was cheap. Atleast comparing to hardcover books here - they cost arround 30 Ä, but this was little bit more that 12 Ä. But I'm still waiting for Tim to put bonuses on his blog. Especialy on removing stubburn thight fat.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
Hi Tatjana, I remember you from the TC8. It's good to see you back for this contest. Based on your posts so far, there is little doubt that you will meet and exceed your goals. I particularly like the nutrition information you're posting - it's giving me ideas for new things to try.

Best of luck to you.
Thanks! Glad to see that my blabing here is somewhat helpful Best of luck to you too!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:41 PM

Default Day 7

First cheat day on slow carb diet. Planned workout this morning, but had no time. I also slept badly - as always when we are at my parents and my daughter sleeps with me - she kicked me whole night, went to bathroon twice and was constantly thirsty. Then she decided to woke up at 6:15 am - during the week I have to wake her at 7 am. We also had to finish the cake for my niece and some food we were bringing along to the birthday party. But I did somekind of workout during cooking Stir potatoes, do 50 BW squats, stir potatoes do 10 pushups, stir potatoes, do 10 lunges Twice trough I also did 50 squats at toilet twice during party. Haha. Food was delicius, but I felt bloated afterward. Strange feeling.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Ha! Toilet squats?! Where there's a will there's a way
Old 01-09-2011, 03:55 PM

Default Day 8

Had a good night sleep - over 9 hours. Stayed with boyfriend and we went running in the morning. Actually he went first, did his 18,4 kilometers and came back looking if I have already left. I was just right out the door and so he joined me for another 10,8 kilometers. Very warm (+8 degrees Celsius at 8 am) and very windy - mostly from side, but I hoped for some wind in the back It's small ascent whole way back, so it would be helpful
For the rest of the day we stayed in, watched sports on TV (cross-country skiing, ski-jumps, skiing, biathlon) and napped during movie.

Food:
- coffee with fat-free milk before run
- scoop of plain whey protein powder with 1 teaspoon instant coffee after run
- 12 am: grilled turkey breasts with grilled mushrooms, white bean puree and green beans with pumpkin oil and vinegar
- 4 pm: cooked beef (leftovers from yesterday) with onions, pumpkin oil, vinegar, salt - like a salad
- ESE fast started at 4 pm

He was rolling his eyes when I mentioned doing white bean puree for lunch, but at the end he said it was very good and asked if there any left I skipped the dessert, but he had 3 pieces of cake that I brought yesterday, half of tiramisu (2 large pieces) and quite a lot of chocolate. Interestingly I had no cravings for that stuff. Few hours later when he finished tiramisu, I had a little bite. No urge to eat it more. It seems that cheat day yesterday was good for me.

Now I'm 5 hours into my fast. No hunger at all. Hope it will stay this way tomorrow
Old 01-09-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanaTT View Post
Ooo, glad to hear that I'm living in Maribor.
Do you know which halfmarathon has she planned?

My sister is planning to run the Vienna Half Marathon on April 17. She just had a baby last May so pretty impressive to me!

Thanks for the advice...I just hate being in calorie deficit and being hungry all the time, but I had being over weight more! (At least that's what I'm trying to convince my body!)

Jami

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-10-2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
My sister is planning to run the Vienna Half Marathon on April 17. She just had a baby last May so pretty impressive to me!

Thanks for the advice...I just hate being in calorie deficit and being hungry all the time, but I had being over weight more! (At least that's what I'm trying to convince my body!)

Jami
Vienna is great race. Lots of people cheering you on! I'm planning to do it once in the future. I was thinking doing it this year, but I'm changing jobs in the middle of February and I don't know how if this new job will be as "running friendly" as my current. Currently no long working hours, so I can run after work on days when my daughter is with her father.

I agree, being hungry all the time is no fun. Maybe you should try ESE fasts to see if it's really physical hunger you're experiencing or just emotional. I discovered that I get hungry when is my usual time to eat and thought that I was full only when I was stuffed. ESE fast helped me with that. I do get hungry during the fast, but it subsides after 15 minutes or so. being busy during the fast helps a lot.