TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Well this will be the biggest challenge for me I think.. I have to keep my nutrition on track as best as I can. I have 28 hours from point A to point B of airline travel. I'm going to take some raw nuts and some dried fruits. If anyone has suggestions that would be great.

I'm enjoying BW cardio 3. It will a great travel workout.
Sleep lots on the plane. Can't eat when you're asleep!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 AM

Well done for taking the first step to a fitter, healthier you! I'm also interested in seeing how BW Cardio 3 works for you as I'm planning to try it in the last 4 weeks of my own contest efforts. I travel quite a lot for work and so I like to use workouts that give me the flexibility of being to workout wherever I am so bodyweight circuits seem to work best.

Taking nuts and dried fruit on your trip is a great idea (I don't envy your 28 hour journey!) I travel long-haul a few times each year with point-to-point journey times of about 20 hours so I know what you're about to go through! You might also want to take along some fresh fruit like apples, bananas, pears etc - anything you can eat without too much fuss and peeling etc. You can get fresh fruit at food outlets at most decent airports now so you don't even need to pack everything from home.

I recently took the family on a holiday to Singapore - it was a 9-hour flight from where we are (in the Arabian Gulf). A box of fresh seedless grapes from the Costa's (coffee shop, popular in Europe and the Middle East) at Dubai airport (where we were transiting through) were a life-saver as although we boarded on time, the flight was delayed almost an hour waiting for some connecting flights. I would also suggest drinking plenty of water when on board as this will help stave off those hunger pangs as well as keeping you well-hydrated in the dry airplane air.

Safe journey and good luck with your transformation!

Find me on Facebook
Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 PM

Default I LOVE being home in OZ!!!

I'm so loving being home. I tried to do some Body weight 3 in my first week and felt pretty dizzy. I figured after a 30 hour journey it might be best to focus on nutrition. It's been alot easier to get all the things I need here. I love it, I can buy greek yoghurt in a bucket..oh I miss these simple things! When ever I've gone out to lunch with my family, there has always been health options including gluten free options. I've dropped a couple of kilos since I've been here too!
My exercise lately has been parts of BW 3 but mostly active days like bushwalking, swimming. I had to piggy back my 20+kg daughter on a bushwalk the other day. Felt like a good leg workout! On Saturday I'm going to try my sisters stand up paddle board which will be a great core activity.

Now, off to the bottle o for some low carb beer to celebrate Australia Day!!!

I hope everyone is feeling great!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 PM

I was wondering how you are doing Sounds you are doing great! Glad to hear that
Old 02-07-2011, 05:10 AM

Default Back to Work!!

I'm back from Oz, and ready to get back into full swing. I'd like to continue with Bodyweight 3 for an extra 2 weeks because when I was away a really didn't do the full workout, just bits.

Being in a warmer climate made it easier to eat less and drink lots of water. I'm keeping this in mind because now being in a cooler climate I really just want to eat! So I need to make sure there's always a veggie soup to accompany meals to fully fill up and not feel hungry later.

I managed to get rid of 1.5kg and 9 cm so happy with that so far. I canned the cereal from my breakfast and just have greek yoghurt with fruit. In Oz I could get low fat which was great but here in Portugal I can't. But I can get greek at least. It looks like strawberry season is just around the corner too..!! Stopping the cereal made a big difference for me.

Today I'm going to bake some fish filets with veggies for lunch and instead of rice I'll wok stir fry some spinach kind of green leaf stuff with oyster sauce and tamari and garlic. I'll do a chicken soup for dinner because my kids are still getting into the swing and I want to make food I know they like. I only put a little rice in it. I'll also add more green veggies too!

Hope everyone is going well...I look forward to reading some posts later in the evening..

Cheers, Deb
Old 02-07-2011, 09:52 PM

Yay for the kg and cm lost! Its amazing what a difference temperature makes on how hungry/thirsty you can be.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:35 PM

mmm.. Tried a couple of isabel del rios recipes today. Breaky was the warm nutty quinoa and dinner was the shepherd's pie with cauliflower instead of potato.. winners!! I'm trying to curb that winter eating thing where I feel like I'm always hungry. Why is that? Is it really a caveman thing where our body wants to store fat or is it because when it's cold we forget to drink water?? Tomorrow I'm going to try the lentil/rice soup..and try to drink more water!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:42 PM

Losing weight while on vacation is excellent result! Great job!

I saw the other day one cooking show on TV and she was doing shepherd's pie. I saw just end result, missed the procedure. Looked really yummy. How do you make one?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
mmm.. Tried a couple of isabel del rios recipes today. Breaky was the warm nutty quinoa and dinner was the shepherd's pie with cauliflower instead of potato.. winners!! I'm trying to curb that winter eating thing where I feel like I'm always hungry. Why is that? Is it really a caveman thing where our body wants to store fat or is it because when it's cold we forget to drink water?? Tomorrow I'm going to try the lentil/rice soup..and try to drink more water!
I keep meaning to try more of her recipes. they sound nice. Well done on the results!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM

I made this lentil and rice soup today.. Yum!!

http://www.thedietsolutionprogram.co...til-rice-soup/

Full Power!!

I didn't want to use carrots. I used sweet potato, zucchini, celery, mushroom and corriander on top when served. Also, Isabel uses a slow cooker and says cooking time 7hrs.. I used a saucepan and on low heat covered for 1.5-2hrs. I also soaked the lentils over night.

Workout wise I'm suffering!! I think for next week I'm going to go to the manual and pick something from there. I really like exercises with stability ball..any suggestions??

I'd like to know if there are any nutritionalist on here..

Cheers...Deb.