TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2014, 10:14 AM

Default Day 8

Workout done. I didn't make it to the gym this morning but I did workout this morning at home after I got the boys off to school. I used 10 and 15 lb dumbells for my sets. At home I am limited because I only have up to 20 pound DB's and no bench.

TT 2.0 intermediate workout A
Because I do not have a bench at home, I modified and did the chest press using my stability ball as a bench. I know it isn't ideal but I improvised because I am not lifting real heavy yet. I was stable using 15 pound dumbells.

My mountain climbers improved. I made the full 40 seconds on the first 2 sets and about 35 seconds on the last set.

I have a side goal of doing regular burpees no pushup before summit. One step closer today I used only a 4 inch step for my hands today.

Lots going on. I still am trying to convince the hubby into investing an extra day while I am at the summit for the functional aging certification. I am convinced it is a great investment of my time. I am so impatient I just want to book the flight and find a room for the 4th. The event hotel had rooms for the 5th -8th (I reserved those dates) but not for the 4th which is when I would want to arrive so I am ready for the certification on the 5th.

I did talk my husband into letting me purchase a Pilates Reformer. This is not a whim....purchase. I have been through a 90 hour Stott Pilates course Comprehensive Mat and Reformer. I have had this on my business goal list for close to a year.
I took the training in 2011 but never had a reformer so I couldn't utilize it in my business. Last year I decided I needed to get one to fully utilize the training I have already had. Goal accomplished! What a great feeling! I bought it used from the studio where I took my training. They take great care of their equipment. I only paid a fraction of the cost of new.
I am so pumped to get back into reformer training!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:41 PM

Shawn, I just sent you a PM that might help with this.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:55 AM

Default Day 10

Workout Done for the day. TT 2.0 intermediate work out B
I am only doing plank not the body saw. I did about 15 second or so of the body saw and just held plank for the remainder of the 40 seconds. Decline push ups on the stability ball ( I walked out a bit further today but had to back off before the set was finished)

Back up to 20 pound DB rows

And I did burpees without a step for my hands... They were at a slower pace than my normal but I did them!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:53 AM

Smile

20 # dumbbell rows!! Holy cow woman! Just kidding, but seriously I can't do heavier than 15 on the rows and even that is too much sometimes. I never injured myself, but my right elbow feels like it's going to snap if i do too heavy.

I like the workout c from the intermediate. As to the body saws, I don't think I'm brave enough to do those in public!! Hope you have a great weekend. Leslie
Old 05-16-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
20 # dumbbell rows!! Holy cow woman! Just kidding, but seriously I can't do heavier than 15 on the rows and even that is too much sometimes. I never injured myself, but my right elbow feels like it's going to snap if i do too heavy.

I like the workout c from the intermediate. As to the body saws, I don't think I'm brave enough to do those in public!! Hope you have a great weekend. Leslie
I can't do much heavier than 25. It isn't because I injured MYSELF but my ex-husband used to twist my left wrist. Anything over 25 stresses my left wrist grip wise.I can go a bit heavier on seated rows. Some days I can do T-push ups and other days my left wrist doesn't like them but I respect those days and back off when needed.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:50 AM

Default Confession

I must admit my diet has been horrific the last 2 weeks.
I did great after surgery (prepping all those slow cooker meals kept me eating on track easily)
I was having a lot of pain associated with eating right after so I wasn't eating a whole lot of calories but when my system started to let me eat again....I ate! I didn't eat 100% bad. I love fresh fruits and vegetable and lean meats. But I was taking in way too many calories.

I just have not been cooking and prepping meals for my success. I have been too relaxed on the diet end. Eating out a lot because I didn't feel like cooking....

With all that said I figured I needed to come up with a plan. I made a menu plan and grocery list. I did the grocery shopping before work yesterday. Today I am prepping and baking!

I will have success! I was allowing for excuses....
No excuses....
Only results!
Shawn
Old 05-16-2014, 09:56 PM

Yes!! No excuses!!!! And congrats on your new reformer! Good stuff!!!

Mark
Old 05-17-2014, 12:15 PM

Smile

Meal Planning-I've been compiling some recipes for paleo-ish once a month cooking. I don't really like to cook, so I thought I'd give that a try so I don't have to think about it so often! I'm not necessarily eating paleo, but find it's a good starting point. I can easily add in the non-paleo things that I allow myself like beans and CHEESE!! Hope you have a great weekend! Is the weather nice now? When we lived in MN, spring, when it finally came, was spectacular. Lilac bushes became my favorite! Leslie
Old 05-19-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Meal Planning-I've been compiling some recipes for paleo-ish once a month cooking. I don't really like to cook, so I thought I'd give that a try so I don't have to think about it so often! I'm not necessarily eating paleo, but find it's a good starting point. I can easily add in the non-paleo things that I allow myself like beans and CHEESE!! Hope you have a great weekend! Is the weather nice now? When we lived in MN, spring, when it finally came, was spectacular. Lilac bushes became my favorite! Leslie
I like paleo but am not strict because I eat cheese and white potatoes (not everyday but 1 or 2 x weekly). I eat beans occasionally as well. Sadly I just burned up the motor in my blender making home made mayo....

Meal planning is the best! Saves a lot of unplanned eating.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Default Day 13

Workout done. TT 2.0 intermediate workout c

Eating over the weekend was better but not perfect.
I was in Lapeer Saturday. My brother had a dedication for his baby boy and had a BBQ afterwards at his house. I did well I didn't wrap my burger in gluten... and I had extra veggies no dip, fresh fruit and only a sliver of cake.

Getting extra excited for TT Summit...just over 2 weeks away!