TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 01:15 PM

Default Adam's Entry

Height: 5'11''
Weight: 187 --> 172.8 (-14.2 lbs)
BF: 21% per my tanita scale, but i think probably closer to 14%
BF: 21% --> 17% (-4%), per scale, 7 point Jackson Pollock puts me between 8-9% at the end.

Measurements Initial --> Final
Neck - 15.5'' --> 16'' (+0.5)
Bicep - 15'' --> 15'' (0)
Chest - 38.5'' --> 38.5'' (0)
Waist at navel - 35'' --> 31'' (-4'')
Hips - 39'' --> 34'' (-6'')
Thigh - 23'' --> 22'' (-1'')
Calves - 15''--> 14.5'' (-0.5'')

Methods
I used TT 2k6 Hardcore Fat loss, TT Meatheads IV Lean & Jacked, and TT 2k4. My diet methods consisted of Leangains style 16 hour daily fasts and usually 1 Eat-Stop-Eat 24 hour fast per week. I focused on eating high quality proteins, with lots of vegetables, fruits and nuts. I eliminated grains, and for an extra challenge eliminated beer.

Goal Review
I initially stated the following goals: "My goal is to get to <10% and really closer to 8% bodyfat. I think this will require me to drop about 10 lbs assuming I don't lose muscle mass (putting some one would always be nice)."
I hit these on all accounts. Bodyfat is always a bit challenging to measure, but by all measures I'm <10% and am very close to my 8% goal. I lost 14.2 lbs of weight, which I believe to be nearly all fat, while putting on 2-3lbs of muscle.

Thoughts
Twelve weeks, it amazing what perspective can put to the feeling that those two words have. Heading into it, it's more than "twelve weeks", it's "3 months!", it's the "entirety of the year (so far)", it's no beer and a seemingly endless amount of sacrifice. Spin to the other side of the looking glass and it is INCOMPREHENSIBLE the ironic duality of how trivial and powerful "twelve weeks" is. The trivial association is only related to our perceptions of time; I cannot remember when I started, as Craig points out 12 weeks are only a mere 0.05% of our life. I can barely remember all of my workouts, and all the cooking. But the powerful side of twelve weeks is monumental. I KNOW the effort and I am extremely proud to say that in twelve weeks I am a very different person than I was before. I am lighter by 14+ pounds of fat. None of my old pants fit, and I had to buy a new suit. Of course it goes far beyond that; I've proven to myself what can be accomplished with the right plan and a good amount of dedication. I've learned tremendously about nutrition and both the body's and mind's responses to food. It has been a long road, 3 years ago I was >210lbs and had to wear elastic swimsuits to the beach, now I've proudly pushed past where I thought I could physically and can let loose of the elastic.

People now ask, "how did you do it? What supplements do you take?" expecting there to be an easy answer. Thanks to Turbulence Training the answer is simple but not easy. Do the work, eat less and you WILL accomplish your goals. The TT workouts are awesome, a fantastic blend of classic strength training, with innovative moves/methods and just the right length (~1 hour).

The TT Forum was also an unexpected help/benefit. It was helpful to read about others' struggles and successes to gain perspective and focus on my own. The simple act of putting your workout and diet down to words can be extremely powerful, and is very useful when looking back.

Craig, thank you. It can sound trite but it's true, I can say without question that Turbulence Training has changed my life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Final Front1.JPG (94.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Final Side1.JPG (95.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Final Back1.JPG (88.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg paper.JPG (66.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Inital Final Front.jpg (47.0 KB, 77 views)

TT's Completed:
TT Metabolic Finishers
TT Buff Dudes Hot Chicks
TT2k3
TT Switch
TT DB Depletion
TT 2k4
TT Meatheads Bench Press
TT for Meathead IV L&J
TT Hardcore 2K6
TT Reconstruction
TT Resistance Evil
TT Meatheads 4x4
TT for Meatheads V
TT for Reformed Meatheads
TTGauntlet
Old 03-29-2011, 01:16 PM

Default Additional Pictures

More pictures from previous post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inital Final back.jpg (93.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Final Side1.jpg (42.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg prelim1.JPG (46.7 KB, 67 views)

TT's Completed:
TT Metabolic Finishers
TT Buff Dudes Hot Chicks
TT2k3
TT Switch
TT DB Depletion
TT 2k4
TT Meatheads Bench Press
TT for Meathead IV L&J
TT Hardcore 2K6
TT Reconstruction
TT Resistance Evil
TT Meatheads 4x4
TT for Meatheads V
TT for Reformed Meatheads
TTGauntlet
Old 04-03-2011, 09:29 PM

First things first, the results:

Start: 1/10/2011 – End: 4/3/2011 (Difference)
Height: 5 foot 6
Weight: 120.6 – 112 (-8.6 lbs)
Chest: 34 – 33.5 (-0.5 in)
Waist (smallest part): 25.25 – 23.5 (-1.75 in)
Waist (navel): 27.5 – 25.75 (- 1.75 in)
Hips (widest part): 36 – 33.625 (- 2.375 in)
Arm (flexed): 10 – 10 (no change)
Thigh (midpoint): 18 – 17 (-1 in)
Neck: 12.5 – 12.25 (-0.25 in)
Bodyfat Percentage (based on average of calculation using US Navy and YMCA formulas): 20.99% - 16.22% (- 4.77%)

Workouts used:
TT Gauntlet, TT Ballentyne’s Day Muscle Massacre, TT for Buff Dudes and Hot Chicks

Thoughts:
Over the course of these 12 weeks I’ve learned so much. The biggest lesson for me is that if you stick with it and never ever give up, anything is possible!

I started this journey after a well-timed email from Craig about the contest starting up. After a semester of med school where I’d fallen out of my regular gym habits from undergrad and snacked on junk while studying, something needed to change. I’d started putting on weight and watched it creep up to 126 lbs (managed to bring it down a bit over winter break with less snacking). Clothes that had fit last summer were beginning to be too tight. Something needed to change, and the Turbulence Training transformation contest was the perfect way to bring about that change.

After only 12 short weeks back in the gym (with workouts that had me in and out of the gym in only 45 minutes – perfect for my busy life) and keeping track of my food intake, I’ve gotten to measurements that I never actually believed I could reach! For as long as I can remember having measurement goals, I’ve wanted to get to 34-24-34 (which I’ve now slightly surpassed!). Despite all the hours I spent at the gym back in undergrad, I never made any real progress towards these goals (probably because the food part of the equation was not there – and it’s so true what they say, you can’t out-train a bad diet). I never imagined that I could actually get to those measurements, and thought that my body was just destined to be a few inches away from that, but with 12 weeks of TT workouts and good nutrition I’ve gotten there!

I also re-discovered my love for working out and really pushing myself in the gym! And accomplished one of my long-term goals (which I initially didn’t think would happen until sometime after the 12 weeks were up): I did my first un-assisted pull-up! I’m so glad I’ve found this system that works, gets me in and out of the gym so I can get on with my day, with workouts that are fun and keep changing so I don’t get bored with it! Big thanks to Craig for creating the TT system!

Another lesson learned is how valuable a support system is while undergoing a body transformation journey. I really don’t think I could have done this without the advice and encouragement I received on the TT forums. Thanks to everyone on the forums for all your help!

A final lesson came on the nutrition front. I found that it is much easier to stick to a healthy eating plan when the meals are not boring. Experimentation, healthy cookbooks, and healthy eating blogs have become my best friends in the kitchen! And when I’m trying new things, there is much less temptation to cheat on the diet!

I’m so glad I stuck this out for the whole 12 weeks, and never gave up! The accountability from the TT forums and the contest were just what I needed to get to my goal measurements and go from a size 4 to a size 2! The clothes that were getting to be too tight at the start are now too loose! I’ve re-ignited my love for working out, and can’t wait to keep pushing myself in the gym and getting even stronger!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00834.jpg (56.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00869.jpg (60.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00868.jpg (59.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00835.jpg (59.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00871.jpg (59.9 KB, 40 views)
Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 PM

Side pics (since I can't figure out how to put the before/afters together into one thing)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00837.jpg (62.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00874.jpg (56.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00879.jpg (65.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 04-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Default Rob's TC10 Entry

I've been struggling to get the pics loaded, but I'll try to give this another shot:

I started this contest during the lead up to my 35th birthday. After college, I had put on some weight, at times getting up to almost 213 lbs. With on and off attempts at working out, I had cut down to 189 lbs at times, but seemed to be sticking to right at 199 lbs. Because I am a below knee amputee, my prosthetist had been advising for several years that I should really try to keep my weight below 180 lbs. Additionally, I know that I need to keep my blood pressure in a reasonable range. I had been looking for a program that had proven results and I had seen Craig in various articles in fitness magazines. I had also viewed some of his videos on Youtube. After viewing his blogs, I saw that he ran transformation contests. Since then, I have seen several fitness experts state that one of the best ways to get results is to enroll in this sort of contest where you have the benefit of a set timetable and forums that allow for some level of accountability and support. I was also comfortable that Craig offered a variety of workout plans that gave me options for the training modality, since I work out at home.

Goals
At the outset of the contest, my number one target was to get my weight below 180 lbs. I also had a spring/summer suit that I bought last summer when I was around 189 lbs that had become tight and uncomfortable. I wanted to be back in that suit by the spring time. And, most importantly, I was hoping to relieve some of the pressure on my residual limb and improve my energy levels.

In the long-term, my intent was to develop the on-going habit of a strong physical fitness routine, clean eating habits and an active lifestyle that I can model for my children.

Beginning Statistics
I started the program on January 3rd. My measurements at that time were:

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 199.6 lbs
Chest: 43”
Waist (Navel): 39 ½ “
Waist (Beltline): 36”

Approach (BW Cardio 3, BW 1000 and TT Clash)
Over the course of the 12 weeks, I selected the Bodyweight Cardio 3, Bodyweight 1000 and Clash of the Titans workouts. I performed the workouts in the mornings before work. By going with Bodyweight Cardio 3 first, I was able to get my body used to working out again on a routine basis. Progressing through these three programs allowed me to really work my way through the increasing intensity.

Over the course of the 12 weeks, I used the methods in Eat Stop Eat approximately once a week. In addition to that, I primarily ate boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tilapia or boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Veggies were mostly some variation of frozen spinach or frozen Normandy blend (broccoli,

Support
During the first half of the contest, I was working exceptionally long hours. During the second half of the contest, as my workload normalized, I posted in the discussion forums and read the journals of some of the other participants in the challenge. It was really helpful to hear the various stories and to be challenged by the results that others were getting during their transformation process.

Results
I ended the challenge on March 27 after having completed a full 12 weeks. My wife was excited to see the final statistics. I feel great, and I’m eager to pick another workout to continue my progress. Here are the final statistics:

Weight: 176.2 lbs
Chest: 40”
Waist (Navel): 33 ½ “
Waist (Beltline): 33”

I am confident that as I continue with Craig’s programs and better eating habits, I will be able to maintain my weight below the 180lb threshold in a manageable and enjoyable manner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RobBefore001_thumb.jpg (38.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg After2.jpg (42.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg After4.jpg (41.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg After7.jpg (44.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM

Default Betty’s Continued Journey on the road to a Six Pack!

I look back over the last 12 weeks and I can be nothing but delighted with the results I have achieved. I used a simple nutrition plan, which was simply to create a small calorie deficit, eat 1 gram of protein per 1lb of body weight, and to eat whole foods and as little processed foods as possible, along with fresh fruit, vegetables and lots of water!

I made a pact with myself at the start of the 12 weeks that no matter how I was feeling, every single day I needed to stick to my plan. My plan was simple, be in a calorie deficit and over the course of a week get in all my workouts, allowing myself one day of complete rest.

I followed the Booty For Wife workout which covered the whole 12 weeks, this was great, as it meant I had the full 12 week plan mapped out in front of me. “Booty for Wife” was awesome, I lost just over 10lbs, 2 & ½ inches off my butt, my abs are starting to show, and not a sit up in sight!

The TT member site is great, whether you have a nutrition or workout question Craig and the gang are there helping and providing advice. I also like following Craig on Twitter, his quotes and advice on there really kept me going and motivated, so much so that every day of the contest I would tweet the day I was on, cals consumed, and workout for the day, all the way from Day 1/84 to Day 84/84, using the hash tag #sixpackjourney. Thanks to Craig I am almost at my destination!

My results! #hardworkpaysoff

Height 5' 6", age 30.

All measurements in inches, and LBS :-)

Starting Stats Ending Stats Difference

Bust 35 34 -1
Waist 24.5 23 -1.5
Hips 33.5 31.5 -2
Butt 35.5 33 -2.5
L Leg 20 19 -1
R Leg 20 19 -1

Weight 125 ¾ LBS 115 LBS -10 ¾ LBS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bettystartnewspaper.jpg (92.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg bettystart.jpg (47.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg bettygym.jpg (62.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg bettymuscles.jpg (97.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg newspapercloseupstart.jpg (88.3 KB, 10 views)

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481

Last edited by bettywantsabs : 04-05-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Changed newspaperend to newspaperstart image.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Default Betty’s Continued Journey on the road to a Six Pack!

Some more after pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bettynewspaper.jpg (93.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg bettyside.jpg (97.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg bettyback.jpg (94.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg newspapercloseupend.jpg (95.4 KB, 9 views)

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 04-07-2011, 06:12 AM

Default Day 0 is now Day 84

Background

I am a 46 year old father of 1 married for 10 years. Almost 1 year ago a couple of people made me stop and think about how I was risking my health and family relationships through stress of work.

One was my bank’s insurance manager, the other was my wife. Both had the same message – that I was middle aged, overweight and spending too much time at work – I needed to make some significant changes in my life or be at risk of jeopardising my health.

I already knew this, but it’s easier to ignore it and carry on rather than face up to the fact that I was a bit like Elvis in the 70’s, fat, forty and fading (A tabloid heading from that era).

I am asthmatic and suffer with back and neck problems due to a serious car accident about 15 years ago, so I had the perfect excuse – It was too hard to change my habits.

Then my daughter really hit it home for me asking why I wasn’t in many family photos or videos. The truth is I was embarrassed about my body so preferred not to be photographed – what sort of memories or role model is that for my daughter?

This was in April 2010, my daughter’s first Holy Communion was coming up in early June, a major event – so I used the opportunity to try and get myself in shape. I discovered Turbulence Training and set to it – It worked, I lost a few inches off my waist, felt fitter, bought a new suit for the Communion – all was good. Unfortunately my diet was not. Soon I stated slipping back in to my old ways and the weight started creeping up again.

I recognised this at Christmas time, when I saw the Transformation Contest advertised I decided to enter. I was a bit hesitant – after all, who wants to see photos of a fat bloke on the internet. Well, 12 weeks later these are the results.

Stats
Start |Finish | Gain / Loss
Age | 45 | 46 | + 1 year
Height | 5’ 7” | 5’ 7” | =
Weight | 14st 3lbs | 13st 4lbs
(199lbs) | (186lbs) | - 13lbs
Body Fat | 27.5% | 22% | - 5.5%
BMI | 31.2 | 27 | - 4.2
Waist | 41” | 37” | - 6”
Tummy | 43” | 38” | - 5”
Hips | 42” | 39.5” | - 2.5”
Chest | 44” | 41.5” | - 2.5”
Biceps | 14.5” | 15” | + 0.5”

Workouts
TT 4 Week Basic
TT DB-BW Fusion
TT 2K11
TT Fat Loss Switch

Nutrition
No specific diet or programme, just cut out sweets, cakes, biscuits (ok I had a little chocolate) and reduced carbohydrate intake (bread, pasta, potatoes, rice). Tried to eat only whole foods, unprocessed, unpackaged.

Goals
1. Complete the 12 week challenge – Done
2. Regulalry post workouts and nutrition on the forum – Done
3. Lose 5 – 7% body fat. Done (5% achieved)
4. Cut down on caffeine. Part complete (I still like my coffee)

The Future
Well, thanks to Craig and the TT team I had the tools and the incentive, thanks to my friends and family I had the motivation, and thanks to this forum I had the support.

My habits have changed, I now eat sensibly, avoid the fast food / junk food Western style diet and exercise regularly using Turbulence Training methods.

I’ve set myself more goals for continued fat reduction and fitness gains.
I can’t wait for the next Transformation Contest to get even better results.

Turbulence Training = Total Transformation

It ain’t easy, but it works !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vern TT Body Comp.jpg (31.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Collages.jpg (37.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Collages1.jpg (29.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Vern TT Body Comp1.jpg (30.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-07-2011, 02:56 PM

Turbulence training workouts are the best thing that happened to me! Not only they have helped me through my years long weight-loss plateau but now I’m at my lowest weight and the best shape in my whole adult life! I know that I wrote exactly the same at the end of TC #8, but now I can say the same. In this contest they have helped me lose additional body fat, something that I always thought I could never do. They are effective and in contrary to many other programs don’t require several hours of exercise per day. Perfect for someone like me that does not have a lot of free time.

When I was a child I was always overweight and in first year of high school I reached highest weight of 85 kg (187 lb) at 170 cm (5’7”). I lost 20 kg (44 lb) with rigorous diet, but almost no exercise. They never came back, but I struggled to lose remaining weight for next 20 years. I tried every diet under the sun just to lose few pounds and to gain them back after few months. I was never into sports but just before I turned 30, I decided to get of couch and started running. Now I’m 35 years old and since then, I have run several half marathons (my best time is 1:42 which I have set shortly after TC #8, improving my previous best time for almost 5 minutes) and three marathons (my best time is 3:59), but my weight still remained almost the same. I ran a lot, but my body had changed only a little. Basically I was still at least 10 lb overweight. Since my daughter was born two years ago, I was able to lose 10 kg (22 lb) of fat that I gained during pregnancy, but again I was stuck with the weight that I had before. Now I don't have much free time and running more is no longer an option. First I tried exercise videos from Jillian Michaels. They were helpful, but after a while I got bored with doing same routine day after day.

Then I discovered Turbulence Training. It was eye opening moment! It looked like it was made exactly for people me. Before I would run for several hours per week with almost no results for years. I don’t have time to work-out for hours each day, nor can I afford going to the gym or buy some fancy equipment. I don’t want to do another crazy diet again just to crave food I’m not supposed to eat and to gain weight back again. I was little skeptic at first, but in summer 2010 I participated in TC #8 and discovered true effectiveness of Turbulence Training programs. I have continued with TT workouts after that and now it has become part of my life. TT programs are perfect for people like me: some programs can be done at home and don’t require much space (I can do it in my small living room), nor they require lots of equipment (just pair of dumbbells and a stability ball) and less than an hour of time few times per week.

I have entered this competition to see if I can do something that I have always thought to be impossible. But now I realized that I was just not using right tools, I had not set myself goals, I was not determined enough and had too little support. With TT workouts support of other members on TT forum, I got all of that. Before I would give up shortly after my weight loss plateaued, but people on that forum have helped me through these rough times. By logging your daily nutrition and workouts you are accountable not just to your self but also to others. If you have any problems, there is always someone to give you advice. It’s like having another family. Despite of that we are all competing against each other, they are there for you when you need them. To help you with advice and to encourage you during rough times.

During this contest I have combined slow carb diet with ESE fasts for first part of the contest and leangains fast (16 hour daily fasts) during second part of the contest. I have always thought that fasting was not healthy, that it would ruin my metabolism, that I would get even fatter and there is no chance that I could stick without food for more than few hours. I learned on TT members forum that all my beliefs about fasting were actually myths. It is the simplest method of creating calorie deficit. It is torture for me to eat tiny meals and to be in constant caloric deficit. Being hungry all the time just made me think about food all the time. Not very healthy behaviour. It so much easier to eat normal sized healthy meals when you eat and then once or twice a week stop eating after lunch and then eat lunch again on next day. Or just to skip breakfast everyday when doing leangains fasts. During fast I never have any problems with low energy or low blood sugar as I always thought I would have. It had helped me learn what true hunger feels like. Sometimes we think that we are hungry, but actually we are just thirsty, bored or we eat because it is time to eat or is food in front of us. Not really right reasons to eat aren’t they? TT workouts, healthy eating and fasting have helped me to lose fat that was on my thighs and butt for many years - actually as long as I can remember. Something that I never thought it could be done. Thank you Craig for creating your fantastic programs and TT members forum! Thanks to all TT forum members - you are the greatest!

Workouts used:
Bodyweight Cardio 3
Clash of the Titans
Transformation

My statistics:
Height: 170 cm (5’7”)

Start: January 2nd, 2011
Weight: 60,9 kg (134 lb)
Waist at belly button: 74 cm (29,1”)
Waist on hip bone: 82 cm (32,3”)
Hips: 96 cm (37,8”)
Thighs at widest point (L/R): 55 / 56 cm (21,7” / 22,0”)
Thigh at middle (L/R): 50 / 50 cm (19,7” / 19,7”)

End: March 26th, 2011
Weight: 57,1 kg (125,6 lb) ... - 3,8 kg (8,4 lb) … -6,2 %
Waist at belly button: 72 cm (28,3”) … - 2,0 cm (0,8”)
Waist on hip bone: 82 cm (32,3”) … no change
Hips: 92,5 cm (36,4”) ... - 3,5 cm (1,4”)
Thighs at widest point (L/R): 52,5 / 52,5 cm (20,7” / 20,7”) … -2,5 cm / -3,5 cm (-1” / 1,4”)
Thighs at middle (L/R): 48,5 / 48,5 cm (19,1” / 19,1”) … -1,5 cm / 1,5 cm (0,6” / 0,6”)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front_before.jpg (41.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg back_before.jpg (43.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg side_before.jpg (39.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-07-2011, 03:00 PM

My after pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front_after.jpg (49.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg side_after.jpg (31.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg back_after.jpg (27.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg side_front_after.jpg (49.2 KB, 21 views)