TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 03:44 AM

Hi, Katie, you're right, you could've done better, but don't let it sabotage your progress. Just keep going on. Making small changes each day. Try to beat what you did yesterday in terms of nutrition. And this will work its magic in 12 weeks.
Have a great day,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 05-29-2011, 09:08 PM

Hi Katie,

Thanks for dropping by my thread. Goat's milk is a little different than cow. We freeze ours as soon as we've milked the goats. It helps it taste "better". Tastes just like cow to me. If not, it's a little "gamey".

It does have more fat content but above all it's raw. Not pasturized or homogenized so it's really healthy.

Our kids are lactose intolerant so that's why we started with our own goat milk.

Hope your transformation is going well. All the best.

John

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 05-30-2011, 11:55 AM

Keep up the good work
Old 05-30-2011, 06:55 PM

Unhappy Struggling

Hi Guys

Well the title of is saying it all today, I am struggling really struggling to stay on track with it all right now.

Emotionally I am feeling very very low, having to deal with my FIL being sick with cancer and being on the other side of the world is very difficult. My husband wants to be there for his Mum to support her, you really feel the distance when these things happen. I am incredibly homesick and all I can think about is being back home. Our best friends left for the UK last week and my youngest son is so very sad because he misses his best friend. I know they say kids move on and get over things and I know he will with time, but right now he is greiving and it's very hard to deal with, as I also feel very sad at losing my best friend too.

I am without doubt an emotional eater and for the last 5 days, my eating has been really really slack, I really feel like I am fighting the demons again. Waking up every morning feeling fat and annoyed with myself at what I have eaten the day before is not helping my situation, but I feel like I am on a downward spiral to nowhere. I somehow need to break the cycle but am really struggling.

I have managed to keep up some TT workouts, but due to husbands shifts I have not been able to get to the gym at the weekend, although I did get myself out for a long hilly walk on both days.

I woke at 3am this morning and could not get back to sleep, things just turning over and over in my mind so I hit the gym at 4.30am, as there didn't seem much point in laying there trying to get back to sleep when I knew I couldnt. I had a good workout, but right now I am very very tired.

I did injure my back last week and so have been seeing the physio which is helping and I can still work out just have to modify some of the exercises a little. But now my right shoulder is hurting as well, so hope I have not injured that too asit's pretty painful.

I reallly really want to lose this weight I have regained since end of contest 9, I started contest 10 but flaked out on that as the same things were happening as are happening now.

I am not even sure why I am posting here, as I am not proud of what I have eaten or drank over the last few days, but I need to put this somewhere.

I know that if I gain control of my eating again and keep up the TT workouts and lose some weight I will feel better, but I need some help on how to deal with the emotional eating.

Sorry guys that this post is so depressing and negative, I know only I can change my situation, but I am in danger of the losing the plot again and crashing out of this contest.

I need to put my thinking cap on and come up with a plan on how to fight this battle. Any ideas /suggestions gratefully received

well done to everyone so far on your great success and sticking with it, I want to be there at the end with you all, but am starting to doubt myself and my beleif I can do this.

cheers for now Katie
Old 05-30-2011, 07:30 PM

Default This too shall pass,,,

Hey there Katie,

So sorry to hear of this sad time with it's struggles. One phrase that has helped me often is 'This too shall pass'. It's not to lessen the reality of what you are going through right now, but simply an encouragement that it's a season that you and your family will pass through and grow stronger through this challenging time, so there's every reason to hang in there and make your progress at your pace.

In my prayers,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224

Last edited by missrobyn007 : 05-30-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:40 PM

Hi Katie,
sorry you are going through so much at this time, but you must help yourself out of the doldrums or things will seem worse....Easy for me to say huh...

You mentioned going for a nice long walk with hills, so instead of walking uphill,
after a warm up, try doing walking lunges up the hill and walk back down, walk a little further and then lunge again and walk back down....When you are good and warmed up do some hill sprints and walk back down. this may help keep your mind off things and clear the head some.....Sometimes just changing things up a bit will get you over feeling so lost and sad.....

Cleaning house and getting rid of all the junk food in the house helps also, if it's not there you can't eat it.....Just stay as busy as possible and this period in your life shall pass...Good luck, Katie, I feel your pain.....

Cheers
Ma
Old 05-30-2011, 08:54 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
Hey there Katie,

So sorry to hear of this sad time with it's struggles. One phrase that has helped me often is 'This too shall pass'. It's not to lessen the reality of what you are going through right now, but simply an encouragement that it's a season that you and your family will pass through and grow stronger through this challenging time, so there's every reason to hang in there and make your progress at your pace.

In my prayers,

Robyn.
Hi Robyn

Thanks for your kind works, you are right and I know it will pass, just feels very hard right now, but it's all relative, there are plenty a lot worse off than me around the world. I am just very annoyed and disappointed with myself for not getting into the contest mind set.

Just seen your post about restarting too, so guess we are both starting again!

thanks again and good luck
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Robyn

Thanks for your kind works, you are right and I know it will pass, just feels very hard right now, but it's all relative, there are plenty a lot worse off than me around the world. I am just very annoyed and disappointed with myself for not getting into the contest mind set.

Just seen your post about restarting too, so guess we are both starting again!

thanks again and good luck
Any time Katie. Yes I can most certainly understand with the disappointment in ones-self. The great thing about TT is that although we all have different circumstances and struggles, we are all in this together

I'll look forward to your progress and we will all be here to support you through the challenges.

Cheers for now,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 05-31-2011, 05:52 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Hi Katie,
sorry you are going through so much at this time, but you must help yourself out of the doldrums or things will seem worse....Easy for me to say huh...

You mentioned going for a nice long walk with hills, so instead of walking uphill,
after a warm up, try doing walking lunges up the hill and walk back down, walk a little further and then lunge again and walk back down....When you are good and warmed up do some hill sprints and walk back down. this may help keep your mind off things and clear the head some.....Sometimes just changing things up a bit will get you over feeling so lost and sad.....

Cleaning house and getting rid of all the junk food in the house helps also, if it's not there you can't eat it.....Just stay as busy as possible and this period in your life shall pass...Good luck, Katie, I feel your pain.....

Cheers
Ma
Hi Ma

thanks so much for popping by and posting your support. I definitely feel better when I get out and about so the ideas with the walks are great, I did used to do the hill sprints, have just got out of the habit. In the Summer I was running up the hill the boys were using their scooters and rip stik, but I would walk down, but they they scooted down, a very very steep hill which gave me a heart attack as I had visions of them going head first over the front of them. But somehow they always managed to stop - just in time!!

Funny enough I did have a really good clear out of things at the weekend so you are right it does help to keep busy.

I know I am the only one that can pull myself up and out of this doom and gloom and I know having my eating under control would def make me feel better.

thanks again for your advice

Cheers for now Katie
Old 05-31-2011, 06:17 AM

Hi Katie.. I feel so heartbroken reading your post. I wish I could jump through the computer and give you a big hug! Hang in there..!! It's not easy to deal with all these things but you know can fight the bad food choices and we are all here to lift you as much as we can.. plz don't give up!