TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2015, 12:08 AM

Default Maureen's comeback

This past year (yes, a full year!) has been a bear with multiple physical challenges, the latest of which is surgery to repair a tendon in my ankle. But I'm looking at the end of rehab in the next month or so, and need to build my whole body strength and flexibility again. I'm waay out of shape and have gained weight without the intense workouts, so need to get back on track.

I'll be starting with Missi's Yoga for Pain Relief program. I'll likely start with the Home Workout Revolution bodyweight exercises after that to build up and go from there.

I need to get a scale so will get my stats and officially start the day after tomorrow (since tomorrow night is my son's birthday dinner). Looking forward to it!
Old 09-07-2015, 09:59 AM

Well..I'm glad you're here!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-09-2015, 03:26 AM

So back to myfitnesspal to check in on portion control and I have to tighten up. I think I'll thaw some of those chicken breasts. Plenty of veggies in the fridge but it's the protein in the milk, cottage cheese and eggs that comes along with carbs and fat. I hit my calorie goal but was hungry. I thnk it has to do with being a bit sleep deprived today, not by my choice. I'm off to bed very soon to get an extra hour and get that cortisol under control!

PT went well but still having trouble with swelling in the ankle. Pool exercise felt great, as did yoga.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Great to hear from you Maureen. Keep up your amazing positive attitude. Get some rest!
Old 09-12-2015, 05:18 AM

Thanks, Dani! I appreciate the encouragement (and of course, from you too, Leslie )

I'm getting my food back under control, doing yoga every day and walking or water aerobics on top of it. Yesterday I did just a tad of upper body to see how it felt today, and no soreness at all so I can add in more.

I'm getting so excited to be out of this phase of life. The doc told me yesterday all looks good, right on track, I can drop the PT any time I want to and do the exercises at home. It will just be a matter of time before I'm back to 100%. Just keep the brace on for another month and don't do anything stupid!
Old 09-12-2015, 08:52 PM

Take good care of yourself Maureen. Happy you are feeling and getting better. Concetta
Old 09-13-2015, 09:01 AM

Love the "never give up" attitude!
Old 09-14-2015, 03:58 AM

Thanks, guys

I did my one week measurements today, nothing spectacular but the skinfold said down 4mm on my front thigh. Then my son's measurement of my triceps was up 4! Clearly too early in the game to tell anything, especially given the margin of error. But all is well.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Thanks, guys

I did my one week measurements today, nothing spectacular but the skinfold said down 4mm on my front thigh. Then my son's measurement of my triceps was up 4! Clearly too early in the game to tell anything, especially given the margin of error. But all is well.
You have skinny little arms! I bet it was muscle!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-16-2015, 04:42 AM

I think it was a bit of operator inconsistency myself. Where did my highly-trained skinfold measuring staff go? Oh, that's right, never had it.

Well, I must be doing a little something right because I'm hungry all the time. I'm very ready for the weekly cheat day. I went to my last PT appt today, she worked my little ankle to death so I got my money's worth. BAPS board, playing catch standing on one leg, doing some ballerina thing standing on one leg...good grief. At least I got to lie down for ultrasound and joint mobilization.