TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Every Thursday I go to lunch with my 82 yr old mom. She always looks forward to coffee & dessert afterward. She was especially looking forward to it today because she wanted to celebrate my birthday. We shared a salad w/ grilled chicken for lunch (instead of individual subs) and instead of going to the Italian bakery afterward I took her to Starbucks. I got a skinny latte and one of their petite desserts. I think it was a decent choice given the circumstances.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 PM

Hi Lisa! Just getting caught up in your log. So sorry to hear about your dad and your medical struggles. You are certainly have a great attitude and have accomplished so much. Winning a stairclimbing contest. I climb 5 floors at the hospital where I work and I am breathless...Congratulations!!

Your before pictures look great! You certainly are in great shape to start off with. Good luck with your challenge and I will be cheering you on.

Happy Birthday!! Great job in keeping your treats in check today!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:41 PM

Happy Birthday!! Its so awesome that you have a weekly visit with your mom. That's fabulous. My mother lives in Ca and I miss her dearly.

Enjoy those special days.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:58 AM

Thanks guys!

Thursday

Nutrition:
Whole grain english muffin w/ 1 Tbsp PB
Clementine
Coffee

Salad w/ grilled chicken
Coffee
Caramel square

Chicken soup
Slice of whole grain bread
Clementine

Butternut squash souffle

Exercise:
TT Intermediate Workout A using 15# weights and 1 legged hamstring curls
Treadmill intervals (incline 2.5, work rate 9.5, recovery rate 5.0 jogging backward)
Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 AM

Hi Lisa,
I saw this article on an email that I received this morning and immediately thought of you......enjoy! Hope you have/had a GREAT weekend! Rob

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mana...g-with-ms.html
Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 PM

Lisa, it looks like you off to a great start! Definitely motivating!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:14 PM

Thanks, JoAllen!

Rob, wow, that is sort of similar to my story! Thanks for that. It's amazing what exercise can do! I'm hoping to look similar to her by the end of this transformation challenge!

This weekend was tough with all the birthday cakes, but I think I did pretty well nutrition-wise. I actually think I ate fewer (and better quality) calories than I typically do on a weekend. My new mantra (besides "I'm sexy & I know it!") is "Make the better choice". Many times this weekend I was able to change my direction by repeating this phrase in my head. I got a lot more done and am better prepared for the week ahead, too. Funny how a few words can make such a huge difference.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletyger View Post
Thanks, JoAllen!

Rob, wow, that is sort of similar to my story! Thanks for that. It's amazing what exercise can do! I'm hoping to look similar to her by the end of this transformation challenge!

This weekend was tough with all the birthday cakes, but I think I did pretty well nutrition-wise. I actually think I ate fewer (and better quality) calories than I typically do on a weekend. My new mantra (besides "I'm sexy & I know it!") is "Make the better choice". Many times this weekend I was able to change my direction by repeating this phrase in my head. I got a lot more done and am better prepared for the week ahead, too. Funny how a few words can make such a huge difference.
Gee, we had one of those birthdays too, this weekend. I did have some cake and ice cream, which is unusual for me.......but small pieces, and no seconds............
Old 01-26-2012, 12:23 PM

I'm feeling a seeing changes in my body... YAY! Well, I'm feeling sore, does that count? But my clothes are fitting better and I'm seeing some muscle definition again. On Tuesday evening after a stressful day my husband asked me to pick up a pizza (my favorite food!) on my way home. I didn't have any desire to eat it, even after the aroma filled the car. I went to the gym instead. Now THAT'S a change! This TC-13 is about changing my body, but also about changing my mindset and lifestyle. It seems to be working!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletyger View Post
I'm feeling a seeing changes in my body... YAY! Well, I'm feeling sore, does that count? But my clothes are fitting better and I'm seeing some muscle definition again. On Tuesday evening after a stressful day my husband asked me to pick up a pizza (my favorite food!) on my way home. I didn't have any desire to eat it, even after the aroma filled the car. I went to the gym instead. Now THAT'S a change! This TC-13 is about changing my body, but also about changing my mindset and lifestyle. It seems to be working!
You have it ALL right, there....mindset and lifestyle!