TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 11:18 AM

Watched Junior Masterchef the last 2 nights,,, WOW, restaurant quality plus food, and 'yes', my mouth was watering all the way through.

Found how I can still workout with my golfer's elbow. It only causes pain when being used on certain angles, such as with the elbow tucked in to the side of the body. E.g., Can't do close grip push-ups for the triceps, so I may be able to do pull-downs with a wide grip,,, will have to check that one out. Could do normal kneeling push-ups without any pain, not that I was really pushing the boundaries.

Had acupuncture today and it was coming along even better with minimal pain, just some swelling and soreness where it had been stirred up. That was until out of frustration I hit the dog bed with the palm of my hand, (I was mad because I just bought a tough-clothed bed base and solid matress for the dogs, had the builder pick up that and a couple other things yesterday from the shop where I bought them, and Dukie went ahead and chewed on the base even though I sprayed on some of that anti-biting stuff,,, agrhhhh. Ok, (so I bought it at the recyling place for $15,,, and with good reason!) We move on, (I sprayed some more on and put his nose up-and-personal against it,,,, heheheheh), and I get left with a more painful elbow,,, alot more painful. Never mind, it'll be right mate Nah,,, I'll go pout some more and ice it again,,, ouch

Catch ya on the flip side,

Robyn

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224

Last edited by missrobyn007 : 09-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:00 PM

Hi Robyn! thank you for that wonderful PM! You are an amazing girl!! <3 really warmed my heart to read that.. and knowing that people genuinely care.. really makes me teary eyed!
I hope your having a great day! Very nice to hear that you were able to get light duty at work! I really hope that the plan of attack with the doctor helps! Ugg, I really cant stand these kinds of things.. I worry about this with myself. I do NOT need anymore setbacks.. Sorry that elbow is giving you more issues!! Dang it ! All your were trying to do was to save the base from getting chewed up! Well,,, pout all you want.. sometimes its good to do that, talk to ya later Boo

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-26-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
Hi Robyn! thank you for that wonderful PM! You are an amazing girl!! <3 really warmed my heart to read that.. and knowing that people genuinely care.. really makes me teary eyed!
I hope your having a great day! Very nice to hear that you were able to get light duty at work! I really hope that the plan of attack with the doctor helps! Ugg, I really cant stand these kinds of things.. I worry about this with myself. I do NOT need anymore setbacks.. Sorry that elbow is giving you more issues!! Dang it ! All your were trying to do was to save the base from getting chewed up! Well,,, pout all you want.. sometimes its good to do that, talk to ya later Boo
Thanks Boo,,, Yeah, none of us need setbacks, so when it happens, ya just gotta suck it up,,, lol. Elbow is horrifically sore today. Can't move it any-which-way without pain, and that's without even trying to lift anything. Looks like I'm off work again tonight, which will use up the all of my annual leave days Could only get light duties for a couple of days, otherwise I have to go through all the dramas of seeing 'registered' doctors, getting reports, etc.

On the good side, I at least have my stationary bike, so I can still do HIIT, just one handed ones,,, lol. Oh well, gotta do the best with what you got.

Staying strong,

Robyn.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
wow, what a workout. Which program is that from? Keep up the great work mam
TT Super6's. Thanks for the encouragement. Concetta
Old 09-28-2011, 03:25 PM

Take care with that elbow........mine was a b*tch to get rid of as well. It hung on for a long time. I was reading some of these posts about the "all or nothing" mentalities. I am that way too, although I have been trying to correct that. More is NOT better, a lot of the time. It is just hard to convice us of that. I got to the point where I could not do hardly any pushups with that elbow. I ended up modifying my workouts to account for that, until, eventually, it got better.

Rob
Old 09-29-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
TT Super6's. Thanks for the encouragement. Concetta
Thank YOU Concetta. Did the workout with a few modifications such as the Burpees ended up as being b/w squats/toe-touching/reaching for the sky with one arm,,, lol. Just can't do any kind of jumps with a hip that's practically bone-on-bone. Nevertheless, there's always some kind of alternative

Keep up the good work luv!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:48 AM

Hey Robyn.. thinking of you with your elbow.. hope it get better soon. Let it heal.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Take care with that elbow........mine was a b*tch to get rid of as well. It hung on for a long time. I was reading some of these posts about the "all or nothing" mentalities. I am that way too, although I have been trying to correct that. More is NOT better, a lot of the time. It is just hard to convice us of that. I got to the point where I could not do hardly any pushups with that elbow. I ended up modifying my workouts to account for that, until, eventually, it got better.

Rob
Thanks Rob.

Elbow (and hip for that matter) is getting better now after a few intense sessions with the acupunturist who actually does the acupressure/movement as well. Surprised you didn't here the screams from this side of the world! Listen out carefully in about another 14hrs as it's the elbow and thumb he's doing tomorrow. I'm sure he's done a few courses in Chinese torture,,, lol.

Although there's some exercizes that I simply cannot do at the moment, such as the renagade rows (, I actually love those tough mummas), assisted chin-ups/pull-ups, and any jumping exercises 'cause of my hip, I've found that even by modifying the position and direction of the arm can make a total difference with being able to do kneeling push-ups etc. May not quite fully work the muscle that I want worked, but at least it's do-able. Just need to be careful that it doesn't cause an imbalance with the muscles etc.

And 'Yep', we've really gotta be mindful of that all-or-nothing mentality as it can quite often lead us around in circles, when really, our goal is to move forward,,, RIGHT?!

Thanks for your on-going support, encouragement, and sharing of knowledge Rob.

Catch ya later dear,

Robyn

Old 09-29-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Hey Robyn.. thinking of you with your elbow.. hope it get better soon. Let it heal.
Thanks sweetie,,, You are very thoughtful...

Just responded to Rob as to how it's improving. Will go to your thread now to check out how you are doing.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:16 AM

WOW, I'm feeling soooo great. I had mentioned several weeks ago that I was in an 8 week gym contest for weight loss %. I had started about a week late 'cause I didn't know about it since I hadn't been going to the gym (that's Craig's fault,,, can do his programs at home). Anyhows, although the weigh-in was on Monday, they allowed me to do it today, (still a few days short of the 7 weeks). Actually thought it was tomorrow so I planned for that with calorie and water depletion etc.,,, oh well. Lucky I went in this morning too. I was going to do a double whammy and go this afternoon as well since I thought the lady who was doing the weigh-in was on the arvo shift because she was there last night. Anyhows, I had to rush home and make it back before 11am. Did the weigh-in and came in at 16.9% weight loss. Won't find out who has won until tomorrow and there's only a first place winning. What makes it tough is that I don't know how well the other competitors did since I don't really use the gym. My membership, although extremely reasonable, was actually almost a waste of money as I probably only used it 1 or 2 dozen times in the last year. Sauna's were lovely though, and would have used it more (esp. in the winter) if I hadn't had the renos going on as well as the 2 dogs. Ok, Ok,,,, so I used some lame excuses as well,,, lol. Anyhows, my gym membership just happens to end tomorrow and I won't be renewing straight away. Maybe just wait for the winter again

Now, back to why I feel so good,,, after the weigh-in, I first of all had some grapefruit juice, then some water, a few prunes and brazil nuts. Then I went to the PIZZA HUT for the buffet. Well, you can just imagine so I won't go into the ugly yet delicious details. Sadly, I couldn't eat as much as i use to ;( But the reason I'm happy about this 'cheat' meal is that it was just that,,, ONE cheat meal, and it didn't turn into a cheat day or 3 I had made the conscious decision to not go shopping 'cause I knew that would spell the disaster of one whole mud cake, 2 litres of vanilla icecream (low-fat of course, but REALLY, what difference would that have made,,, lol.), crackers, biscuits, sour cream and chive or chilli chips, savory biscuits, CC's, and cheese, (I already have an array of kinda healthy dips in my freezer). And I would have ended up with all that junk in my pantry, and me in recovery in bed for a few days or more. Sooooo, although I DID make the most of the buffet and ended up waddling out at the end of it all, I'm feeling quite fine now and even just had a delicious smoothie including coconut crunch that I tried for the first time today. Just today received the order of 2 x 700 gms of the all natural, organic, non-bleached etc. coconut crunch and 5 x 1 litre containers (total of about 1 1/4 gallons) of raw organic extra virgin cold pressed organic oil. Sound impressive? Well it is. First time I have ordered from these people (they have their better prices on eBay), and I'm impressed. Not only was the price about half of the norm., but the coconut oil is a beautifully smooth-as-silk texture and really delicious, and the crunch is also delicious. Very happy.

Happy with the workouts too. Esp. since I have a few injuries etc., I've been able to substitute well enough to get great workouts.

Anyhows, almost time for bed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Cheers for now,

Robyn.