TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
You're a neverending source of inspiration Robyn - your 6 week results are fantastic!

On a side note, I have acute arachnophobia and it's one of the reasons I shall never visit Australia. Sad, I know, but I would never be able to relax!

If I ever win the lottery I'll pay a therapist to cure me...
As Garfunkel sang "I will be your Bodyguard!"

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 11-03-2011, 12:37 PM

Just a quick up-date. Nutrition has been, well, it was great yesterday. The few days before that. Tues was Melbourne Cup Day and the management cooked us a bbq. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a sense of smell. Had a cheat meal on Mon. too, few small pieces of thin chicken pizza + bbq chicken. Rest of the week has been healthy though. As per workouts. Nothing too specific in the last few days as the renos have taken over (But that also means that there's been a bit of heavy lifting) with 2 no-sleeps, and very little on other nights. Only had a couple of hours yesterday arvo after an all-nighter and it's 1:30am and have to keep going now so I can move myself out of the granny flat. Will at least do an HIIT,,, love 'em. Had a gal at work ask about losing weight/getting fit and of course told her about TT. Anyhows, gotta fly 'cause reno man and skip bin arrive in about 6 or so hours. May be MIA for a couple of days

To be successful, have fun with, and be passionate about life!

Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 AM

WOW, I actually got some sleep last night/today on a mattress on the floor in one of the half-finished rooms,,, lol. Was full on there yesterday with the reno guy, then work, and all on just a couple of hours sleep, and no sleep the night before. Did really great though and so excited about getting things accomplished. Will have to celebrate with a workout

As I've been munching down on the almonds, prunes, etc, I was wondering, geez, am I having too much, even though it's all good? And even then what we think is good, is not necessarily good for us individually. In fact, Mum's coming over today for my b'day, and I've asked her to muscle test (kinesiology) all my foods on me and I'll either give or throw the rest out. Although I don't eat sugar or table salt or bake cakes etc. I still wonder if I should have sugar in my cupboards for guests if they want tea or coffee etc. Anyone's thoughts on that?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:50 PM

The "Food in the house for someone else" question is a good one. Lots of smart folks in fitness say that if a food isn't on your plan get rid of it. I certainly have fallen under the spell of foods that are in the house for Van and Colin, but ultimately I've succeeded in spite of them. That being said, if a food or treat calls to me and I can't get it out of my head, it has to go. Neither of my guys have a compulsive feeding bone in their bodies, so things do sit around and get stale around here. They never complain if they have to get something out of my sight.

The greatest thing is being able to distinguish between what is your food and what isn't. This is a skill that takes practice, but the rewards are worth it. I just had a snack a few minutes ago, and a part of me wanted to eat more, but I washed the dish and came here instead. I have a plan and I'm sticking to it. You know whether the sugar is a part of your plan or not. Success comes when you act accordingly. When you do the right thing, it's like a little triumph. Keep doing the right thing, time after time, and it builds to something wonderful.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
The "Food in the house for someone else" question is a good one. Lots of smart folks in fitness say that if a food isn't on your plan get rid of it. I certainly have fallen under the spell of foods that are in the house for Van and Colin, but ultimately I've succeeded in spite of them. That being said, if a food or treat calls to me and I can't get it out of my head, it has to go. Neither of my guys have a compulsive feeding bone in their bodies, so things do sit around and get stale around here. They never complain if they have to get something out of my sight.

The greatest thing is being able to distinguish between what is your food and what isn't. This is a skill that takes practice, but the rewards are worth it. I just had a snack a few minutes ago, and a part of me wanted to eat more, but I washed the dish and came here instead. I have a plan and I'm sticking to it. You know whether the sugar is a part of your plan or not. Success comes when you act accordingly. When you do the right thing, it's like a little triumph. Keep doing the right thing, time after time, and it builds to something wonderful.
As always, words of wisdom. It has been a matter of going to wash my plate before piling more in there, even if it is yoghurt etc. Will be more mindful of that now. Mom was over today and had a couple of home-made sausage rolls from someone for us, but I told her that although I will possibly weaken on the odd occassion, when I have the strength to resist temptation, I will. As per having sugar in the house, personally, I don't have a problem with it. It's just like, should I have something unhealthy available for someone else?

Anyhows, I'd better go and get back into the painting Thanks again for your imput.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Hi Robyn - Happy Birthday!!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 PM

Happy Mid-Forties, Robyn!

Last edited by RobB : 02-04-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
WOW, just shows how individual we are. I'm kinda opposite. Elliptical is probably the best HIIT for me. Maybe it's the way this particular one glides. I've noticed quite a difference from machine to machine. Some I can only get a few minutes out of before I'm on the floor,,, lol. As per jumping jacks, burpees with the jumps, or anything slightly the likes, my hip will be out of action for days. Looks like you're doing great otherwise
Thanks for looking in Robyn. We have the gliding one at the gym, maybe it would have been better. I will stick with BW stuff. Happy Birthday! Concetta
Old 11-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Happy Birthday! Remember to make a wish
Old 11-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Happy birthday, Robyn!! I hope it's a good one!

"I will do this" is the only attitude that works.