TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 05:04 PM

Good luck to you - this is a great place for support; you'll like it here.

I'm hoping you posted pics w/out a face just to keep your privacy in tact for the moment; however, if you plan to enter in the contest, your face must be in the pics (that is one of the major rules). I guess if you don't have pics w/ your face you can always "start over" as soon as you can get those!

Old 12-31-2010, 07:11 PM

Hi Heather, no privacy concerns here, It was just me trying to take the photos myself and get everything in the photos but not quite getting it. Thanks for the heads up. I'll get some new photos in soon. Only problem is that I'll need to find someplace to buy a newspaper today
Old 01-02-2011, 12:40 AM

Ok, here are the photos with my face. With the starting date of today (02 Jan 2011), 12 weeks will end on 27 March 2011.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jan 02 Front 1.jpg (52.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Jan 02 Front 2.jpg (49.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Jan 02 Side 1.jpg (41.6 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-04-2011, 08:21 PM

Started week 2 of 2k6 yesterday (Tuesday) with Workout B. There's something about that workout that leaves me dripping sweat like nothing else. I still feel the ache in my hamstrings and abs. Rest day today followed by Workout A tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Eek! I start 2K6 tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Eek! I start 2K6 tomorrow!
Don't worry, I'm saying it's a really good thing. Workout B is the one I have enjoyed the most. I'll be doing Workout A this evening. One bit of progress - my waist measurement taken this morning is now at 36 inches which is the lowest since I started.

The weight seems to be dropping very slowly and I feel like I'm hitting a plateau but the inches in the right places are definitely going which is more important, I guess.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:17 AM

It's better for inches to come off and the weight stay the same than vice-versa. This means that you are losing fat and building muscle Great work!

What are you eating? Just to get some ideas for slow carbing
Old 01-06-2011, 05:34 PM

Hi Tatjana,

I agree - inches are definitely better than the weight. With regard to the slow carb thing, this is what I've been eating:

Breakfast
1 serve of Brazilian chicken (http://www.sbs.com.au/food/foodsafar...xim_de_galinha). I made up a batch without coconut milk, prawns or shrimp and store it in the fridge. Still tastes great.
2 eggs scrambled or 1 scoop of Prograde protein mixed with cold water (if I don't have any eggs - like this morning)
1/2 can of red beans/refried beans/lentils (about 200g)
2 tomatoes - sliced

Lunch
I got this from the place across the road from my office - mixed box of three salads: tandoori chicken, teriyaki chicken and thai beef with lots of lettuce. I look for the salads without rice, raisins or any other carbs

Dinner
Similar to breakfast

This has some ideas as well: http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/up...b-Cookbook.pdf

I've tried the summer squash noodles from this and it tastes great.

By the way, I finished workout A last night and must have upped the intensity somehow. I was really sweating the way I do for workout B. Weight (82.7kg from 83.1kg) and waist size (35.5 inches around the navel from 36 inches) also went down when I took them this morning. I hope this keeps up. Maybe it's a case of being in a plateau for some days and then dropping so I'm not going to get to worried about the plateaus now as long as they don't last more than two weeks.

I know it sounds silly but since what I did yesterday nutritionally seems to have worked, I'm going to keep with the same meals for the time being and see how that goes.

I feel good!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver

Last edited by gesunelson : 01-06-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
The biggest challenge is when I'm doing push ups and the cat (2 year old 8kg Maine Coon with the mind of a kitten) decides to come and nuzzle my forehead and go exploring the floor under me. Trying not to laugh is the hardest thing.

Fetch went well for a little while. I'm looking forward to a nice 30-45 minute walk this evening and workout A tomorrow morning.
This is something I never experienced with my two dogs (they're too big for it) but when I visited my sister her cat kept laying under my head while I was doing planks on my elbows. I was laughing too, and would not have minded so much if I wasn't allergic to cats!

Keep up the great work!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 01-06-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck1517 View Post
This is something I never experienced with my two dogs (they're too big for it) but when I visited my sister her cat kept laying under my head while I was doing planks on my elbows. I was laughing too, and would not have minded so much if I wasn't allergic to cats!

Keep up the great work!
The cat was only trying to help Check out the article about the 'cat vomit' exercise at http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/12/4-...ix-minute-abs/

"Unless you purchase a corset at the same time, doing crunches will not pull your abdomen in. The muscle fibers of the six-pack (rectus abdominis) run vertically. The muscle you want to target instead is called the transverse abdominis (TVA), the deepest of the six main abdominal muscles, which is composed of fibers that run horizontally like a belt. The TVA is nicknamed the “corset muscle”, and if your abs have ever ached from laughing or coughing, you’ve felt it working."

Maybe the cat hoped you'd be laughing and coughing ...

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver