TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM

Default Thanks katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Gillian

hope you are on the mend, I have just been trying to catch up on posts as been away on hols for a week so no internet or pc access.

have had a quick read of your posts and noticed your comment about fit day and the american foods. I live in NZ, but am originally from the UK and struggled with fit day, but last contest I used myfitnesspal.com and I found that really really good.

It's a little bit tedious at first finding the correct foods to add to your diary, but once added they remain there so you can just go back and add them for the next day, or whenever next time you eat them. It saves them in most recent, or most used list so you can just tick and add.

I found this site better for me as it had a lot of UK brands I was familiar with and also some NZ and OZ ones which we have out here.

Not sure if this will help, but it worked for me. I know a couple of other people on here used it too, in fact it was recommended by this another TTer.

I also finished the last contest with an injury which I still have so am starting this contest slowly with a modified TT workout. Once my wrist if fully recovered I will find a TT workout that I can do and go from there.

I flumped out on conteast #8 so don't worry about not making it first time around, really sounds like you are in the right head space this time, #9 really worked for me, I was placed 3rd in 6 week contest and 2nd in 12 week contest, so keep up the great work and positive attitude, it really helps

Cheers for now Katie
Thanks for the tip katie. I will check out myfitnesspal.com. I hope you had a nice holiday.
I remember reading your essay from TC9. Very inspiring indeed. Your results were amazing. well done on coming 2nd. I def think attitude and confidence has a lot to with being successful. Before I read the essays and was like I could never do that. But now I'm committed to it. As Craig mentioned it's 0.3% of our lives. I'm keeping that in mind to keep me motivated.
Good luck with TC10. You will rock!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-18-2011, 04:57 PM

Default 1st TT workout! woop woop!

Went back to the gym today yeah!

Did workout A from 2k6
1A) DB Incline Press (6 reps)
1B) DB Row (6 reps)
2A) Chin-up (8 reps)
2B) DB Chest Press (8 reps)
3A) Close-grip Pushups (25 reps)
3B) DB Rear-Delt Raise (10 reps)

My strength is seriously reduced after being sick and not being able to go to the gym. Felt like a weakling compared to usual. At least I'm back on the horse!
Just means I will make amazing progress over the next 12 weeks.

Struggled with intervals on the step machine. I did advanced workout A 5 min warm up, 6 x 30 secs intervals 60sec recovery 5 min cool down. 20 mins in total.

Felt good being able to do both the weights and intervals.

Tried myfitnesspal.com for logging food. It was easier to find foods on this (thanks katie)

calories are 1680 today. more than the 1500 kcals that I wanted to stick to but figure not too bad since I got a workout in.

Breakfast - porridge, skimmed milk, raisins
Snack - 2 babybel light cheese, apple, 8 brazil nuts
Lunch - chicken stew
Snack - banana, 1tspn cashew butter
Dinner - salmon, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato
Mango

Oh and weighed myself at the gym and the weight is down. : )
My official weigh in is sat but glad to see its going in the right direction.

Thats all for now.

G
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-18-2011, 07:07 PM

Hi Gillian!
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well at the end of the last contest, but great that you can come back strongly now! and congratulations on getting your first TT workout of the contest done today!

I'll also have to try out myfitnesspal.com, I'm using fitday and there are things that are hard to find... at the same time I am trying to mostly eat things that don't need brands, fruits, veggies, lean meat and nuts. Then not having branded food easily available or "findable" is almost a bonus cause it makes me try harder to eat "cleaner". :P But I'll definitely check it out!

It seems like you are doing good so far, as long as your head is in the right place everything else will follow

Good luck! Looking forwards to see your progress!
And thanks for posting on my thread! Every post and every comment is an encouragement to keep moving forwards!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaki View Post
Hi Gillian!
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well at the end of the last contest, but great that you can come back strongly now! and congratulations on getting your first TT workout of the contest done today!

I'll also have to try out myfitnesspal.com, I'm using fitday and there are things that are hard to find... at the same time I am trying to mostly eat things that don't need brands, fruits, veggies, lean meat and nuts. Then not having branded food easily available or "findable" is almost a bonus cause it makes me try harder to eat "cleaner". :P But I'll definitely check it out!

It seems like you are doing good so far, as long as your head is in the right place everything else will follow

Good luck! Looking forwards to see your progress!
And thanks for posting on my thread! Every post and every comment is an encouragement to keep moving forwards!

Thanks for the comment Evaki. This is my first contest so it was rather unlucky to get sick before I started it but I'm feeling back to normal now. Energy levels restored!

I agree with eating whole natural foods as much as possible. My main problem with fitday was american spellings i.e zuchini is a courgette for me! lol
I think I'm going to stick with fitday though. I went back to it today as I am sticking to similar foods so as I have already entered them it's easy to click on recent foods to complete the food section.

Good luck with the contest. I will be following you along the way and givng all the encouragement I can.

G
Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM

Default Day 6

Feeling DOMS today after yesterdays workout. Arms and back are feeling it alrite!

For my 'off' day activity I just walked my usual 30 minutes today and plenty of stair climbing to and from work.

Food today

Breakfast - 1/2 greek yoghurt, raisins, flaked almonds, banana
Snack - houmous, celery and yellow pepper
Lunch - Homemade chicken and vegetable stew, apple
Snack - cashew nut butter, apple
Dinner - salmon, sweet potato, roasted cherry tomatoes, courgette, red pepper

From fitday.com aprox 1500kcals.

looking forward to workout B from 2k6 tomorrow. I think it wil be brutal! Bring it on!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:12 PM

Best wishes Gillian for the comp.
Will be watching how you go as we all progress through the comp.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Thanks for the comment Evaki. This is my first contest so it was rather unlucky to get sick before I started it but I'm feeling back to normal now. Energy levels restored!

I agree with eating whole natural foods as much as possible. My main problem with fitday was american spellings i.e zuchini is a courgette for me! lol
I think I'm going to stick with fitday though. I went back to it today as I am sticking to similar foods so as I have already entered them it's easy to click on recent foods to complete the food section.

Good luck with the contest. I will be following you along the way and givng all the encouragement I can.

G
ahaaa by the sound of your first post it seemed like you had been around for a little while, maybe you have just not doing a contest? Glad to hear your energy levels are restored now though!

Aaaah.. so that's zuchini! I was looking for courgettes on there the other day and couldn't find it :P I ended up with summer squash.. I think maybe that's right too? Not sure though, lol.

Yeah.. I haven't tried the other one yet for that very same reason, most of my foods and data is in there now... so I might just stick with it!

Looks like you've had a healthy and tasty day And we both had celery and houmous (hummus? :P). It's such a great snack!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:30 PM

Default Thanks whiteknuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteknuckles View Post
Best wishes Gillian for the comp.
Will be watching how you go as we all progress through the comp.
Thank you. Good luck to you also. I love reading everyone elses threads for inspiration/motivation so I will be following you along the way also.

All the best in achieving your goals : )
Old 01-20-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaki View Post
ahaaa by the sound of your first post it seemed like you had been around for a little while, maybe you have just not doing a contest? Glad to hear your energy levels are restored now though!

Aaaah.. so that's zuchini! I was looking for courgettes on there the other day and couldn't find it :P I ended up with summer squash.. I think maybe that's right too? Not sure though, lol.

Yeah.. I haven't tried the other one yet for that very same reason, most of my foods and data is in there now... so I might just stick with it!

Looks like you've had a healthy and tasty day And we both had celery and houmous (hummus? :P). It's such a great snack!
yeah you're right Evaki I have been around for a few months on the forum. Been doing TT workouts for years. I'm glad I finally commited to a contest. It has taken things to a whole new level!

yeah I think summer squash is right also. Had to google houmous to find out it was spelt hummus on fitday. haha. At least I'm learning as I log my foods! I'm in the swing of fitday.com so will be sticking by it. I'm also writing my foods in a diary. There's something about seeing them on paper that makes me stick to my eating plan : )
Old 01-20-2011, 04:37 PM

Glad you are feeling better and getting in some workouts! I'm sure the strength will come back, just probably not as fast you want it to though.

I saw the courgettes and couldn't figure out what you were eating! Yep, summer squash, zucchini, all the same thing. I can't imagine how hard it would be to fill in if not from US! I don't think I could fill in a calorie counter from the UK!

best of luck to you and your goals for this contest!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27