TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2015, 04:56 AM

Doing great on stretching/yoga and rehab exercises, staying under 1450 calories and feeling good! Still hungry - I'm not one to fast or eat very few calories and maintain my sanity. I know, I know, it's a mental block I have to get over. Hunger won't kill me. But it consumes me when I'm hungry and I don't enjoy my life when all I can think about is food. That's just me.

Great swim yesterday in too-warm water, but loved finally getting out and enjoying it.

Last edited by mocombes : 09-19-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:44 AM

After that last post I decided to try a longer fast time to see if that made a difference in my hunger. Today I fasted close to 16 hours (usually it's 12-14) and it was a lot easier to eat less. I came in under 900, which I know is too low, but I was experimenting.

Still having a lot of muscular pain, though my ankle is getting better. Did a lot of walking today and will do some more yoga before bed.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:36 AM

I'm still here! Been quiet since I've not wanted to complain, but have been doing a lot of yoga and swimming to address pain. Feeling better today; movement definitely helps.

My scale broke so I haven't weighed myself in a couple weeks, but got a new one this weekend and was down a pound or so. Hard to say what's true when switching scales, but I'll do measurements tomorrow to track inches.

Today was a good day. Looking forward to another one tomorrow
Old 10-13-2015, 02:44 AM

Hey gang, time for a check in. I've been religiously doing my yoga, stretching, swimming, walking and a bit of running uphill to the car and back this weekend when I forgot something and had to hurry or I'd miss the start of the Ironman. I have been sore for a couple days! BTW, those athletes are really inspiring. Not that I'd want to do an Ironman, but they are tough folks for sure. I got to hang out with a coach who's here from the UK and had athletes in the race, so it was much more interesting.

Other than that feeling okay and dropping a few inches. Upping my veggies (if that's even possible), dropping some dietary fat and pushing my fasting window just a tad longer than the usual 12 hours. I'm at about 13 or 14 hours depending on the day, which is good for me. Any longer and I don't perform as well. So far measurements are down about 4" total.

Anyway, still in process and healing. Taking longer than I'd expected but I'm looking at it as my time to learn patience and compassion. Some people will never get past their injuries, but I will. I need to remember what it's like when I work with them.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:10 PM

Awesome sunset swim last night in fairly flat waters (offshore breeze) and gorgeous sky with a bright crescent moon and meditation to follow. A welcomed respite in a crazy week.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:50 PM

Checking in for the final push. I've been consistent with everything except drinking more wine than normal (mid-week too; usually it's just on the weekend). But it seems to be okay, as I'm getting some good results with my rather low-intensity bodyweight workouts, yoga and swimming. Only down 2 pounds overall but lost 4 lbs of fat = 2.5% body fat (now at 15.5%). I really want to add muscle but have still had lower back issues so no weighted workouts.

I've just about decided to get cortisone injections, as I've been unable to get past this. It's been years. I went to a pain clinic and insisted there must be something else I could do, so got the laundry list and implemented it all. Still no relief. Makes me a tad nervous, but I'm about at the end of my tolerance.

In the mean time, I started teaching a couple bodyweight classes a week in the village's community room (nearest gym is half an hour away). Doing it not only for myself, to stay consistent with my training, but for the connection to my customer avatar for my online biz. I'll give it a little while and then assess the ROI.

Cheers all!
Old 11-16-2015, 02:44 AM

Time for the check-in! Still going well with the exercises I can do, plus the longer fasting windows. I think that's the key for me, just going further into the morning before I eat.

I've dropped another pound and have hit my goal measurement for this contest for my hips and upper thighs (each down 1.5" from the start). Not that I couldn't get better, but at least I hit those goals without the heavy weights.

I'm waiting on authorization for injections for my back, then we'll see if I can add the weights back in. My ankle has all but healed up completely; only a little residual swelling and tightness that is getting better all the time.

In the mean time, my classes have been growing fast! I can hardly fit any more in the Friday morning session and when I move the Tuesday morning up to 7 (instead of 6:30) the ones there tell me their friends might come It's tough getting a good time slot in the only room in town. But it's lots of fun and I get to make a few bucks for working out. I'm doing it by donation now to get back in the groove and grow my reputation (it's been years since I taught classes), then will see where it goes.

But in the mean time, happy to be doing some work with clients in person again, and getting in better shape.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:36 AM

Smile Final Stats

No entry for me, but I finished up my 12 weeks and am happy with the results.

Overall down 3 pounds - not so much, but significant on a 115 lb body. That translates so 3.3% BF (from 18.8 to 15.5%) and 4 lbs of fat. I still want more shape and muscle in my legs, but that will come.

The most exciting inches lost were:
waist: 1.25
hips: 1.5
upper thigh: 1.25
mid thigh: 0.875
above knee: 0.875
calf: 0.5

I injections in my back this morning and am visualizing total freedom from pain It was interesting the pain doc told me I have to work out EVERY DAY and eat smart to get the best long term outcome.

Ha! Preachin' to the choir