TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothaMannP11911 View Post
Yep, no problems today! Love that workout.

I won't quote the guy completely, but some meathead came over to me and said "That's some good @#%@ man, keep it up."

That made me feel proud. I'm rocking these advanced workouts with good form and challenging weights.

Really, I've worked out for years, I'm in pretty great shape health-wise, all my health numbers always measure out well (except low "good" cholesterol last time I was in) except for the flab hanging off of me. That's my caveat to being in great shape.

I always have people ask me what I'm doing, and I "preach the good news" of short, intense workouts and especially "sell" TT to them.

My weight problem hasn't been the exercises; it's been the food.

I'm on the best path now, though, so I keep saying it, but LASER FOCUS.
Nice work man!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogarry View Post
Go, Matt, go! Nothing better than being praised by a meathead in the gym You're killin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Whitfield View Post
Nice work man!
THANKS! This is *my* week.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Really awesome, and TT boosts HDL. You'll have better numbers soon!
Old 11-17-2015, 06:30 PM

Day 2 Workout B: Meathead 5 n 20
Start with the general bodyweight warm-up circuit.
Additional Warm-up Set: Do 1A with 50% of normal weight for 8 reps.

1A) 90p Close-Grip Bench Press or DB Neutral-Grip Press 5 reps (2-0-1-0) (205lb BB)
1B) DB RDR 20 reps (1-0-1-0) (25lb DBs)
-Do not rest between 1A & 1B.
- Rest 1 minute before repeating the superset two more times.

2A) Weighted Pull-up - 5 reps (5-0-1-1) (inverted rows, the pull-up bar with weight support was busy. I'm not THAT strong yet to pull this massive Mann up)
2B) DB Incline Press 20 reps (1-0-1-0) (35lb DBs... OH SHNIKEYS)
- Do not rest between 1A & 1B.
- Rest 1 minute before repeating the superset two more times.

3A) BB or TRX Row - 20 reps (1-0-1-0) (30lb DBs... BBs and the TRX were busy)
3B) Plank-to-Tricep Ext - 5 reps (2-0-2-2) (NOPE. normal plank. I could barely lift myself off the ground LOL!)
3C) DB Curl - 20 reps (1-0-1-0) (.....17.5lbs...then 12.5 lbs.... I was puny by this point ha!)
- Do not rest between 3A, 3B, & 3C.
- Rest 1 minute at the end of the circuit and repeat 2 more times.

I LOVE THESE WORKOUTS, the Meathead ones in particular. I will probably reduce weight earlier on to finish stronger, but those earlier lifts are the big muscle ones, right?

Diet: GET IT DONE. I'm going to be doing everything I can to distract from unncessary white carb goodness and snacky fingers.

Family: This will be a tense week. I've got to start my day with the focus time, getting pumped time, staying eyes on the prize. Want to finish strong.... so, need to make sure I'm considerate, helpful, serving, etc.

Personal: Got a phone interview for a facility director position in Arlington, TX Thursday. It's 2 steps up, just about double the pay (not saying much, it's a non-profit ha!) but not sold completely. We will weight it out, keep checking it out.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Wow, Arlington. That would be something. Let us know how it goes.

As for training, stay strong on the first exercises and use light weights for the 3rd round of exercises. You are doing things right as is.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:05 AM

Matt-You are on fire! I know we get the highlight reel and don't see the daily slog, but you really are doing great!

As for a possible move to Arlington..You left out several benefits to moving to the Lone Star State! Most of them are food related though, so I'll keep them to myself for now! (I don't consider living close to big "D" a plus, but you can't have it all) Texas is a really easy state in which to home school.(too easy some might say!) Arlington is also home to the first University Model School, which is a cool homeschool/private school hybrid created by parents who wanted the best of both worlds for their kids. The flagship, Grace Prep, is in Arlington. Hoping the best for you and your growing tribe!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 11-18-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Matt-You are on fire! I know we get the highlight reel and don't see the daily slog, but you really are doing great!

As for a possible move to Arlington..You left out several benefits to moving to the Lone Star State! Most of them are food related though, so I'll keep them to myself for now! (I don't consider living close to big "D" a plus, but you can't have it all) Texas is a really easy state in which to home school.(too easy some might say!) Arlington is also home to the first University Model School, which is a cool homeschool/private school hybrid created by parents who wanted the best of both worlds for their kids. The flagship, Grace Prep, is in Arlington. Hoping the best for you and your growing tribe!
Leslie, I've seen attempts by Texans to say they have the best BBQ but... um... I live in Kansas City, where the best is.

We also love Mission:Arlington, which was part of the motivation to apply there. I've looked at that Y a few times, but just not the right position came up, so I'm glad to at least have the opportunity!

It's nice to finally get an interview. My goal right now is to get a basic needs-meeting job for awhile so I can work on some side projects; we're tired of scrambling in the Mann home, for sure.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:01 PM

Day 4 Workout C: Dead Jumper
Additional Warm-up Set:
Do 1A with 50% of normal weight for 8 reps. Do 1B for 3 reps.
1A) Deadlift 10 reps (3-0-1-1) (75lb DBs... the only BB in the room was in use :/)
1B) Side-to-Side Jumps 8 reps/side
Do not rest between 1A and 1B.
Rest 2 minutes before repeating the superset two more times.

2A) DB Step-Ups 8 reps/side (2-0-1-0) (35lb DBs, then dropped to 25lb last set)
2B) Burpee - 8 reps
2C) Crushing Plank - 20 seconds
Do not rest between 2A and 2B.
Rest 1-min and repeat 2 more times.

Jump Finisher:
3A) TBX - 60 seconds max reps
3B) Jumping Jacks - 60 sec max reps
3C) Jump Rope - 60 sec max reps
Do not rest between exercises.
Rest 30 seconds before repeating this circuit 2 more times... only got through 1 time... started second round and just dropped to floor. DUN.

I was glad to get something in, though. I killed the rest of the workout. Next of the time through I'll get the finisher finished

Diet:
Killing it. LASER FOCUS LASER FOCUS LASER FOCUS LASER FOCUS LASER FOCUS though I did take a bite of my kids' ice cream last night. HA! That was all I needed. I literally threw a cupcake away at work and am about to throw another one away that some little "Active Older Adult" gave to our staff... NO ONE ELSE IS EATING THEM. So, I'm just throwing them away.

Family:
Started a focused time of big idea & devotional with my wife last night. We need to get it contained though, we talked for too long HAHA! Seriously, though, it was good. Hoping that through routine we can maximize the time. Kids are great, too.

Personal:
Phone interview went good. I am definitely a viable candidate; I just don't have some specific experience they asked about, but I've done relative work. Like I told someone today; I'm not throwing all my eggs in one basket. I've got another app I'm submitting for a job 20 mins down the road in a little town that'd be great to raise a family in and keep me close to my family & hers.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:46 PM

Default 11/20

Day 5 Workout D: Meathead 20s n 5s
This was my least favorite of the workouts. Mostly because, my shoulders are puny. I didn't realize how weak they were!

Also, I was humming along and getting set up for the 3rd superset and completely didn't factor in travel time to a meeting I had so had to cut it out. WOOPS! Pretty screwball move ha!

Additional Warm-up Set: Do 1A with 50% of normal weight for 8 reps. Do 1B for 3 reps.
1A) Military Press - 20 reps (1-0-1-1)
1B) Chin-up - 5 reps (5-0-1-0)
Rest 15 seconds between 1A and 1B.
Rest 1-minute before repeating the superset two more times.

2A) V-Grip Pulldown 20 reps (1-0-1-1)
2B) 1-Arm Standing DB/KB Overhead Press - 5 reps/side (2-0-2-0)
2C) X-Body Mountain Climber - 20 reps
Rest 15 seconds between exercises.
Rest 1-minute before repeating the superset two more times.

3A) Band Pushup 20 reps (2-0-1-0)
3B) Band Pullapart 20 reps (2-0-1-0)
3C) Band Curls - 20 reps (2-0-1-0)
3D) Band Pressdown - 20 reps (2-0-1-0)
Rest 15 seconds between exercises.
Rest 1 min and repeat 2 more times.

Diet: Laser focus except for the slices of pizza and Oreos last night. I was starving because I had not planned a dinner which put me in the midst of 20 teenagers at a night out at the center. We had some unHealthy Living food at it... one of the Y's 3 main "We are for's" is Healthy Living, so a little joke there, sorry! Not going off the deepend, just not what I wanted to do the last week of this contest.

Family: Didn't get much family time yesterday. Those last night are just part of working with kids and family programs sometimes, especially teens. So will maximize it today.

Personal: Applying for a few more positions that fit my skillset. Trying to make sure to create margin to be creative. Feeling good overall, though.