TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2014, 03:59 AM

No, I only teach local kids, the online thing never panned out. And I'm now RETIRED from teaching Latin! Well, except the copious number of Latin roots I teach in SAT prep. They're very effective at building vocabulary. But no more declensions, conjugations, confusing word order, etc. I am thankful, though, that I learned it. My next language goal will be to brush up on my French, which I took in high school. It should be pretty easy to grasp again since my brain is back in the Romance languages.

Anyway, check in on pexting. Um, not so good. I did the limber calm connected part okay, but neither the Wow or Man Up days happened. I was fully involved in my own project yesterday (on a deadline) and didn't give other people any energy, so that's my excuse for Wow. Yes, I'm owning it's an excuse, but it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Today I had the opportunity for a Man Up but decided to skip it, since it's too touchy. My sister is going through a divorce and her husband sent a "pity me" email to our entire family. I could have politely told him that he needs to just accept this is all happening, that he brought it on as much as she did, that he's going to lose the house and that he needs to man up and deal with it, or....stay out of their relationship. I chose the latter.

I'll find my own place where I need to WoMan up and call a friend to have that discussion, so both of us can grow.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:15 PM

Been away from posting with this last push before the VMM meeting and TT Summit. I'm happy to announce I'm in San Diego and finally put my first information product on the market today! I'm very excited, and so happy to have made the deadline 'ol CB put out for me. Three sales so far...

Through it all I've almost kept to my limber, connected and calm goals, but not perfectly. I missed stretching yesterday and meditating the day before. But really am feeling connected as I'm staying with my sister for a couple days before the meetings. Hawaii is nice, but I miss seeing my family (parents, six siblings and their spouses and kids).
Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 AM

Looks like they tried to "zap" you out!
Old 06-15-2014, 04:51 AM

Back to reality after 10 days away on my California trip, and getting back to my commitments. I'd forgotten to meditate quite a few days last week. Have to link it to something else, I think, otherwise it's too easy to forget. I think it will come right after my first, and most important, project in the morning (which I have been doing faithfully).
Old 06-16-2014, 02:50 PM

I had to get back to reality sooner lol. You will get back on track quickly

Thank you for your encouragement. I am becoming more confident because of the encouragement I receive on the TT forum.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:41 PM

I've taken to gratitude meditations as I've heard they decrease your stress levels far more than any other kind. I know for sure that writing thank you cards (a.k.a. Thank You Therapy--that should be trademarked) is wonderful. The mind-shift works wonders.

Along those lines, I had a great conversation with an old girlfriend this past weekend. She's been hanging on to her anger at her ex for a few years now. Every time his name came up she had more of a rolled-eyes comment than a non-attached one. I'd just let her vent, but knew it wasn't helping her have a good life.

This weekend she offered that she's tired of blaming and is leaving it all behind; she even expressed gratitude for him. It was great to hear, and then we shared our mutual commitment not to being victims but rather creating lives we love. All good.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:22 AM

Back to the forum after a while...I'm feeling a little more energetic now after (I think) getting over the worst of this bug my boys brought home. I'm usually rather bulletproof in the germs department, but this one got me.

As much as I'd like to report that I have made meditation a daily ritual that flows easily with the rest of my day, I haven't. I was starting a great morning routine but this illness has made my sleep terrible so I don't get up as early, then the day is thrown off. I'm two weeks into a month-long summer school commitment (teaching multiple sessions of SAT prep) which has been a bit stressful since it's my first time with this length class. I usually do this over the course of one week, so there's more to this class. Anyway, it's all good, just new. I get to hang out all day at a gorgeous private prep school campus in the green hills, with students learning how to ride horses outside my door. My kids could go here too, if I just had a spare $42K a year...

So, got my meditation in today and Scarlett, tomorrow is another day
Old 07-05-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Back to the forum after a while...I'm feeling a little more energetic now after (I think) getting over the worst of this bug my boys brought home. I'm usually rather bulletproof in the germs department, but this one got me.

As much as I'd like to report that I have made meditation a daily ritual that flows easily with the rest of my day, I haven't. I was starting a great morning routine but this illness has made my sleep terrible so I don't get up as early, then the day is thrown off. I'm two weeks into a month-long summer school commitment (teaching multiple sessions of SAT prep) which has been a bit stressful since it's my first time with this length class. I usually do this over the course of one week, so there's more to this class. Anyway, it's all good, just new. I get to hang out all day at a gorgeous private prep school campus in the green hills, with students learning how to ride horses outside my door. My kids could go here too, if I just had a spare $42K a year...

So, got my meditation in today and Scarlett, tomorrow is another day
Hi Maureen! I was one of the recipients of a one year membership, so I'm back at it for a while. It was awesome to see a picture of you at the summit. What a beautiful lady! I'm glad you are feeling better. I have Honolulu on my dream sheet for our next move! I wanted to update you on the lacto-fermented ketchup. The flavor is really good, but it is super thick. I'm going to add some AC vinegar to it to improve the texture before I try it out on the kids! I like it thick though. It has a gourmet quality to it! Love the movie quote! I could hold entire conversations in just movie quotes! Have a great day. Leslie
Old 07-05-2014, 02:47 PM

Hooray! I'm so glad you're back with us here, Leslie! Thank you for your complimentary words and good wishes Keep that Honolulu vision; I bet you'll make it happen. Also, please do refine that ketchup recipe so I can try it on my guinea pigs as well, hehehe...
Old 07-17-2014, 07:43 AM

How's it going, Maureen ?

I hope you are doing well