TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2014, 04:16 AM

You're doing great, Shawn! Glad to see you're back at it and feeling good.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
You're doing great, Shawn! Glad to see you're back at it and feeling good.
Thank you. I am still only about 75% ish....
I didn't feel any pain but I tired much easier than before. I ended up napping yesterday. I did get up at 4 am, though. I was getting up at 4 am on a regular basis before surgery but after I have been sleeping in more.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:09 PM

Oh, boy. I'm no stranger to the 4 am awakenings... Take that nap, you need it to heal!

75% is good; you're on your way
Old 05-10-2014, 07:28 PM

Hooray for modifications: they let us do the most challenging exercises safely.

Best of luck and success on this round of your transformation.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:27 AM

Thank you, Maureen and Catherine.

I do nap when I need to. Especially when I get up early
Modifications are great! I am looking forward to continued progress
Shawn
Old 05-12-2014, 09:43 AM

Default Day 6

TT 2.0 Intermediate Workout C Done!

I was pleasantly surprised at my progress this morning. I did the T push ups. I have been doing my push ups on my knees but I was on my toes for the T push ups. I also did the renegade rows as well. I was a bit rusty on the jump rope...I am not the most coordinated person but I did improve as the set rolled on.

I worked up a great sweat!
Old 05-12-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
TT 2.0 Intermediate Workout C Done!

I was pleasantly surprised at my progress this morning. I did the T push ups. I have been doing my push ups on my knees but I was on my toes for the T push ups. I also did the renegade rows as well. I was a bit rusty on the jump rope...I am not the most coordinated person but I did improve as the set rolled on.

I worked up a great sweat!
Nice work! Jumping Rope is like riding a bike. Keep practicing and you'll nail it.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:17 AM

Default Day 7

Today is Day 7
Not a whole lot to report this early in the day. I have a few errands to run this morning. I am thinking on using the bike. It is supposed to rain a few hours but it looks beautiful right now.

Both errands are within a couple of miles... Yeah, I am gonna chance getting rained on.

A little bike ride for an off day activity sounds great. I do enjoy walking but my impatience likes riding a bike better because I get there twice as fast I enjoy my bike. I have a need for speed and I am not a runner.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Today is Day 7
Not a whole lot to report this early in the day. I have a few errands to run this morning. I am thinking on using the bike. It is supposed to rain a few hours but it looks beautiful right now.

Both errands are within a couple of miles... Yeah, I am gonna chance getting rained on.

A little bike ride for an off day activity sounds great. I do enjoy walking but my impatience likes riding a bike better because I get there twice as fast I enjoy my bike. I have a need for speed and I am not a runner.
I have my daughter's bike for the summer and I'm excited to use it. The only issue around here, is trying to not get run over by a redneck!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I have my daughter's bike for the summer and I'm excited to use it. The only issue around here, is trying to not get run over by a redneck!
I use the sidewalks for the most part. It is crazy. A lot of drivers don't even yield in the crosswalk for bikes. Two intersections in particular are worse I can always count on drivers not letting me cross when the pedestrian light says I can.It irritates me... I will be thinking to my self....."Thank you...Sarcastically" I am nice by nature but once in awhile I will catch eye contact with the driver and say Thank you in a very sarcastic tone out loud.... Or shake my head in disbelief.

Riding a bike has made me a more alert driver.