TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2015, 02:21 AM

You are so right, Leslie. I'm in the pool every day. Just got out and I feel great!
Old 09-10-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Hey Rachel,
Sorry for the pain you're in. Do you have access to a pool? I know you are already crazy busy but taking the weight off the joints might be the ticket until you figure out what you want or need to do long term to fix the problem.
Hey Leslie!

I do have access to a pool, but only in good weather I may try doing some intervals that way. For now I have been skipping them when I have a lot of pain. I could do recumbent biking, as that was previously recommended by PT.... I just have to have time to go to my development's gym, and I always seem to be running low on time!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 09-10-2015, 10:16 AM

Default Quick Update

I am still here and still chugging along.

I took my official before photos on Monday, so I will be a day short of a full 12 weeks if I am able to complete the whole thing (If surgery becomes on the table I'm not sure of the timeline for it).

I'm doing really well with my water consumption- I had about a gallon yesterday.

I bought a fitbit and it's keeping me motivated to be inefficient- take the stairs when I can, walk a longer route, etc.

Missi's yoga for pain relief came in the mail yesterday, so I started with that yesterday. I think for now as long as it's not too much activity I will be doing the yoga on my active rest days. I will see how that does for me I also got her trouble spot pain dvd and did the hip series 1- I forgot how pleasantly painful of a stretch the pigeon is.

I am mostly keeping my food on track, but I need to do a little better. I'm trying to find a balance of not denying myself things but still keeping it within reason. My biggest struggle is sugar. I really would do a lot better if I could get myself completely off of it. It's snacks at work that get me.

This week's goals:
-At least 3l water daily (Done so far)
-Complete 3 workouts (2/3 done)
-Yoga for pain relief (2/3 done)
-Sleep 7 hours per night (done, except for last night, I got 6h35min). Sleep is hard for me because of my work schedule, and I have to get up early to fit in workouts.

Maybe next week I will try intervals again.

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Old 09-11-2015, 11:28 AM

Default Starting Stats

Official Start Date 9/8

Weight: 134.8 lbs
Height: 5' 6''

Waist (widest): 32.5''
Waist (narrowest): 27.75''
Hips: 39.25''
Chest: 33.5''
Shoulders: 17''
Thighs: 24''

I'm going to have to work on re-sizing my pics for this thread. I forgot that I have to do that. lol

Old 09-15-2015, 09:13 AM

How's it going?
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-15-2015, 12:04 PM

Hey Leslie!

I am hanging in there. I am about to do my workout, and then get ready for work.

My food has been okay, but not great overall. I know 80% of the equation is diet, perhaps even more for me due to my current physical limitations, so I need to tighten up some... but I am trying to maintain my healthy relationship with food, so I'm going for not being strict.

Areas I can improve: afternoon coffee, and sweets. I bought some chobani flip greek yogurt, they have sweeter flavors. I'm going to experiment with letting myself have those post workout. It's good protein and an incentive for my workouts. I'm going to try to limit my sweet tooth to 3 days a week Afternoon coffee gets me because I work 2pm-midnights, and I am up fairly early every day to work out/ride/live life.... but I'm thinking if I can decrease it some then that will be good. I need to improve my energy.

Water consumption has been a high point for me. I drink tons of water.

This week I am continuing with the prep phase of TT BW 6 mo manual. I think next week I will move to phase 1.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:06 PM

Default Goals for the week

1) 3 Liters of water per day
2) complete 3 TT workouts
3) Yoga on off days, even just a few minutes
4) healthy snacks (apples, blueberries, strawberries)
5) Decrease afternoon coffee. Maybe try green tea instead? (I've never been a big green tea drinker).

Old 09-15-2015, 01:12 PM
Administrator

You can always drink regular tea. Stash makes some great caffeinated teas...I like their chocolate mocha.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:42 AM

Thanks, CB. I will have to check them out.

I had a killer week at work last week, got stuck late every day... so I had no energy to get up early and work out by the end of the week. I also had a busy weekend, so all said I have missed two workouts... but I will be back on it tomorrow morning, I hope. I've done pretty well keeping my food on point other than during Sunday Night Football......

It's been cooler the last 1/2 week, so I am having to remind myself to keep up my water consumption. All in all I think since I started I've lost about 4 lbs and my clothes are a little looser... but if I want to see good results, I am going to have to be more dedicated and figure out how to deal with my tiredness.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Stay strong, and remember, it's a lot harder to miss a morning workout!