TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2015, 12:07 PM

oh man. I should get on the plastic water bottle train. I try to be conscientious; I use them mostly at horse shows and I recycle, but I still hate using them. It just becomes problematic for me to carry enough water for my day, because I am super picky about filtered water.

Kudos CB, wonderful Idea.

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 09-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Great travel day so far.

CASS-Free.

My S'Well water bottle is impressive. Keeps that water dang cold, even in a hot car, and helped me avoid bottled water at the airport.

Off to the Music City!

This week is going to kill my sleeping patterns, LOL.

But I am going to...

Hold out on caffeine just as long as I can,
Beverage changes coming along real good,
Makin' us better women and men

(Apologies to John Cougar!)

Stay strong,

Craig
Old 09-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Administrator

It was an extended travel day on Tuesday. It had been a while since my last significant delay, and yesterday, due to a mechanical issue, my flight was delayed three hours.

I had a little nap on the plane and feel alright today, and I was well prepared with food and water for the airport. So I haven't fallen off track anywhere.

So far in September, so CASS-Free.

My S'Well water bottle is impressive. Keeps that water dang cold, even in a hot car, and helped me avoid bottled water at the airport.

There will be plenty of temptations this week, and not a lot of sleep, but as I 'sang' yesterday, I am going to...

Hold out on caffeine just as long as I can,
Beverage changes coming along real good,
Makin' us better women and men

(Apologies to John Cougar!)

No workout today, my upper back is still sore from Sunday deadlifts. Tomorrow I'll hit pause pushups and pullups at the hotel, or I'll find a 24-Hour gym and add the bench press.

I did have a great 25-minute meditation session on the outdoor hotel pool deck, though. Wish I had brought my trunks. Swimming is a nice recovery day workout.

Finally, FB video is pretty cool. Our team figured out how to use it. Here's an Intermediate follow-along workout from Missi Holt, CTT:
=> https://www.facebook.com/TurbulenceT...3633880384679/

Today's Kick-Butt BOLD Action Plan:
Take bold action today. If you believe in something, if you have a vision, if you have a goal, then be proud of it. Live and lead by example.

Have courage. Stand out. Encourage and motivate others through your actions and attract positive people and powerful support into your world. …

“You are capable of greatness. All you need to do is believe in yourself. The first step on the journey to success is having a little bit of faith. So don't ever let anyone ever tell you that you can't do something, never lose faith in your abilities, and be willing to take risks. You'll get to where you were meant to go. Just believe.” – Bobby Maximus

Believe,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 09-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Woke up with some lingering tightness in rear deltoids and rotator cuff area, but really wanted to do a push-pull workout. I spent some extra time in warm-up and stretching and got good to go for a 5am hotel gym workout here in Nashville.

The hotel gym is ample in size, like the serving of brisket we had last night at Merchants, but much like the brisket did, it is lacking greatness.

Still, it had enough for me to do:

1A) Pause Pullups - 5 sets
1B) Pause Pushups - 5 sets of 20

2A) DB Incline Press
2B) Seated Row

3A) DB Chest Supported Row
3B) Extra mobility & stretching

I followed that with another great sunrise session meditation by the pool. The only downside is that it's a westerly view, and I prefer to meditate facing the rising sun. On the bright side, there's an older women (55?) that swims each morning at 6am, so I hear what sounds like a waterfall as I relax.

Usually I meditate before the workout, but I'm enjoying this switcheroo. It's a great way to wind down from the workout.

The diet calls for CASS-Free plans again today. Had a decent 7 hour sleep last night (still waking up on EST, but I've shifted time zones to CST - 1 hour back). A couple of friends had to cancel their trips to Nashville, including Jay Ferruggia, so the nights might be quieter and earlier than expected.

Bad for memories (that will not be made), but good for recovery. New research is showing that short sleepers catch more colds.
=> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0831163729.htm

That's another reason to explain why you catch a cold while traveling for work or holiday (in addition to eating poorly and being around strangers and their germy germs).

While meditating I had an idea. Now I know the purpose of meditation is to zone out, for lack of a better term, but what matters most to me is relaxing, and I don't get stressed out if I start thinking about something.

So I let my idea bounce around for a bit, and realized that we (at TT and ETR) have recommended enough vital habits that we've built what I call:

The New ETR Power Hour

Imagine how your life would change if you devoted the first 60 minutes of your day to this routine:

15-Minutes: Thinking about & taking action on your #1 priority in life
5-Minutes: Writing in your ETR Gratitude journal
5-Minutes: Meditation or prayer
10-Minutes: Yoga with ETR's Missi Holt, CTT
10-Minutes: Metabolic Miracle Training (HWR) with Craig -
For example => http://www.earlytorise.com/4-minute-sexy-abs-circuit/
5-Minutes: Power Shake (Daily Energy greens + BioTrust vanilla protein)

Yes, I know, it only adds up to 50 minutes. That's the POWER of this routine!

Add in 10 minutes for Nature's Call and brushing your teeth, and there's no better way to start your day.

Okay, there's one better way.

But after that, this is the BEST!

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Success begins and ends with your personal responsibility. Success lives and dies with you and your ability to take action. Identify what needs to be done and do it today. Do more of what works and less of what doesn’t. Say No more often. Say YES to Focus. Say NO to other people’s drama. You deserve better. Stay strong and NEVER, ever give up on what is important to you.

Try the hour of power today,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 09-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Low-key Labor Day weekend for ol' CB.

CASS-Free Friday but a great Mastermind Hangout dinner with Chef Gui Alinat, his wife, Bedros Keuilian, Mike Westerdal, Rick Kaselj, Andrew Raposo of FighterAbs.com, and dozens more.

CASS-Free Saturday, too, although the rest of Nashville sure seems to be dropping the A from that acronym. It's party central out on Broadway Street. Hot, sunny, and the bars are packed. Stag parties and stagette parties are taking over. Tons of college girls in cowboy boots and UofTennessee shirts. Makes a might fine outfit, ma'am.

One more beef brisket dinner tonight, no booze, no soda, and the hopefully a good night's sleep to make up for last night. Then an early flight to Denver tomorrow and a big day of hiking on Monday. Fresh mountain air, here we come. If I could only teleport to Denver instead of having to deal with TSA...

And then after Denver, I head to Tampa on Friday, and going to the 1st Bucs game of the season, and Winston's first ever game, on Sunday - with Joel.

Lucky Life...but a TON of work to do until then. Speaking of which, I have a program to write before dinner.

Talk soon,

CASS-Free CB
Old 09-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Administrator

LOL. Saturday night in Nashvegas with Bedros Keuilian and Joan "Bunny Ears" Arca after our personal trainer seminar...and with Pukey McPukerson college kid photo bombing me. Great steak and pork tenderloin at Merchants restaurant. A Nashville institution. Off to Denver tomorrow.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Wow, almost left my laptop in a luggage bin at the Nashville airport. Well, I did, but 15 minutes later realized it was gone. Hustled back. Bins were still stacked on top of each other where I left them. And the laptop was in the bottom bin. Never let TSA stack a bin on top of your laptop bin!

Ha!

Had smooth travels from Nashville to Denver. Quiet time on the plane led to writing some amazing coaching PEXT messages, three articles, and a lot more. We have a busy calendar at ETR and TT so I have to get ahead.

I even stayed at the Denver airport for an hour writing after we landed, but then again it was still 10:30am. Too early to check-in. That said, I got checked in to my room at noon, grabbed a couple of Mad Greens salads, and got back to writing.

It's going to be a great week!

Started today with an 8.5 hour sleep. I needed that after a few poor sleeps and late nights in Nashville. And then I had an excellent caffeine-free squat workout at TruFit in Denver. I'm keeping the CASS-Free streak going.

1A) Speed Squat
1B) Box Jump

2A) Squat - worked up to 300x5
2B) Box Jump

3A) Front Squat
3B) RDL

Now breakfast and then meeting up with Matt Smith and his kiddos for a nice drive and an easy hike.

This afternoon, it's back to work. Writing more articles. Gotta make hay when the sun is shining. That's how you get ahead.

Read my Labor-Day article here:

=> http://www.earlytorise.com/the-wrong-way-to-labor-day/

This is your one and only life! Here's what to do.Make the right decisions, right now, for it. Pursue the truly important. Stick to what matters, what you know in your heart is right, and live virtuously. Lead by example, and stick to your vision. You are the boss of your life! Never give up on what really matters to you. You will succeed. We believe in you and we know this approach will work. Let's go and keep going!

Get it on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - A couple more Nashville photos for you...

At my two favorite places in Nashville...

1) The candy shop (notice the bottom level where the chocolates spell out the city name.

2) Merchants. With Bedros Keuilian. And food in my mouth...therefore no smile. Ha.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Administrator

I was tempted to have a caffeinated soda today, but thanks to YOUR accountability, I held off.

I went with water. But not water from a plastic bottle. This time, it was from a box. While it doesn't taste better, and I miss the feeling of crushing up a plastic bottle with my hands, Haha, boxed water does seem offer a better vessel for holding nature's most precious liquid.

Maybe you've tried this company's product.

=> http://www.boxedwaterisbetter.com/

No workout today. Just a busy 12-hour session at the ETR HQ.

Here's a photo from yesterday's hike in beautiful Golden, Colorado.

Choose to "go without". Get rid of something materialistic and vacuous from your life today. Then list 2-3 of the simplest things in life that bring you joy. Get 1 of them back in your life today. Experience ALL of them over the upcoming weekend. It's easy. The good things in life are simple. Remember what matters.

Time to get going,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 09-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Yesterday was an end to my 8-day CASS-Free streak. But it was worth it, because I had an incredible upper body workout and workday where I had to create over a dozen emails for Chef Gui Alinat's cookbook launch.

The workout went like this:

1A) Bench - 5x5 at 185lbs (so weak compared to 2006 when I did 225x14)
1B) Chest-Supported Row - 4x12

2A) Pause Pullups
2B) Incline Bench

Even though it wasn't CASS-Free, yesterday was alcohol-free. It's been a couple of weeks now, and could be a while before I'm interested in that again, even though I'll be hanging out with some drinkers this weekend at an NFL game.

Today I'm back on the CASS-Free plan.

But tomorrow I'll be off the plan with a deadlift workout on the docket.

BTW - No Coke Zeros, of course.

Oh, and no plastic water bottles either.

I have been experimenting with a new protein bar though. It's from JulianBakery.com and is Paleo. They flavor of the bar doesn't match the flavor on the label in most cases, except the Coconut Shred. The Glazed Donut just tastes like sweet playdoh. The chocolate brownie really isn't chocolatey. Hopefully future versions are better.

Now if you prefer real food, here's the GREAT news.

Coming soon! The Eat More, Burn More cookbook from my friend Chef Gui Alinat... Oh, and that knife is a gift from Chef...it was handmade in France! So don't try and steal my copy of his book... smile emoticon

"Your ability to set clear goals & work toward them everyday will do more to guarantee your success than any other single factor." - Brian Tracy

Rules for your Life make life so much easier. Structure = Freedom. Total paradox, but true:

=> http://www.earlytorise.com/12-rules/

Make the rules and make the changes,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 09-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Well, I'll be honest. I didn't see this coming.

My car to the airport was scheduled for 6:45am. By 6:42am I was packed, prepped, and ready to go. I was off to Tampa. Or so I thought.

Then I received a text. Joel had a work emergency come up. Won't be able to hang out.

Hmmm, so now what? No point in flying to Tampa...

...so I decided to stay in Denver till next Tuesday. It's a wise move for work.

Leaves me without much to do on the weekend though. Although I could use it to get ahead of some projects, catch up on my sleep from this crazy week, and get in another mountain hike.

Before my plans changed, I rushed through a deadlift workout - full of caffeine. It was intense. I really pushed hard for a couple of personal bests.

1A) Hang Clean
1B) Mobility and ab work

2A) Deadlift - 5x5
2B) Stretching my calves...my right achilles is bugging me

3) Deadlift - 225x15 reps <= personal best

4) Snatch-Grip Deadlift

It's a downer I won't be in Tampa...Joel had planned for us to go see the Winston-Mariotta rematch on Sunday afternoon. Oh well. Somethings just come out of nowhere.

Now here's something I did see coming. It's our new cookbook.

A few months ago I put my good friend, Chef Gui Alinat, to work in the kitchen and after testing hundreds of recipes, he's created a family-friendly fat burning cookbook.

He's fixed
100 of your favorite recipes to be PERFECT for weight loss, and he's put them all into his brand new FREE cookbook, Eat More Burn More.

Chef Gui has spent over twenty years cooking these fat burning meals for the rich and famous in South Florida, as well as cooking delicious foods at home - on a budget - to feed his hungry family of SEVEN (yep, he & his wife have five kids!).

Chef’s recipes are quick and easy to prepare, and don’t require expensive ingredients (and that's GREAT news, because my number one complaint about many 'healthy recipes' is that the ingredients cost too much).

Preparation > Temptation. Plan ahead to have 2 solutions for every obstacle. You'll win every time.

Get in it to win it,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Have Gratitude Today.

Fill out your gratitude journal, listing every person, major and minor, in your life that made a difference this week. Be thankful for them. Be grateful for the opportunities in life and what lies ahead.