TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 10:03 AM

Today is fast day. I'm trying to keep the the meal that I eat at 500 calories so have started compiling some 500 and under meals and recipes on pinterest. The fasts are getting easier. I wouldn't say enjoyable, but easier. I wore a dress to dinner last night that was kind of snug the last time I wore it. It fit perfectly last night. I did have about 6 bites of cake to celebrate my anniversary. Because we are stationed in TX, we were able to celebrate in the same restaurant my husband proposed in. The building is different because it was destroyed by a hurricane(common tale around here), but the location was the same. Pretty fun.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:45 AM

Smile 4th of July

Another celebration day! We're keeping it low key for today cause Mom's tired from all the partying. We will grill for our little family later and then head into the city to catch a soccer game and fireworks.(one of my anniversary presents was a Houston Dynamos shirt) My weight is down to 130. I'll be heading to the gym in a bit to do my last Thermo workout. Have a great day y'all! Leslie
Old 07-05-2014, 02:13 PM

Smile 7/5/2014

Yesterday I went off the rails a bit with my eating. There was minimal damage on the scale, but not a good day at all. I tried to make my family some favorites, telling myself that I wouldn't have any. Are any of y'all able to do that, or do you just force your families to eat what you eat? On a day to day basis, I'm not tempted by their stuff. Special occasion food is harder though. We had a fun night watching the Houston Dynamos play the New York Red Bulls. Our captain was on the world cup team and he's back now. He scored an amazing penalty kick. He seriously made their goalie look little league. In the end, it was a tie. It was military appreciation night so a lot of my husband's guys got to walk out onto the field. During the final note of the National Anthem, a Coast Guard Dolphin did a full speed low fly-by. At the end there were fireworks. It was not the best I've seen. The best fireworks display I've ever seen was in a field in Sonoma,CA. It's all about the BOOM, baby!

I'll go for a walk in a bit and then do the 10 minute booty workout. We have one more picnic event this afternoon with friends. I'm not in charge of food, so I think I'll bring a veggie tray to be safe. Have a great weekend! Leslie
Old 07-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Smile 7/6/2014

Morning healthy folks! Happy Sunday. After church I'll be dropping my 3 lb 2oz baby off all by himself at week long band camp. (He's gained some weight, but he'll always be my 3 lb 2 oz baby) I'm also going to clean all the party food out of the fridge and meal plan for the week. Another Sunday routine has become walking to the high school track and doing 8/ 30 second sprints and then walking home. The track feels really good on my aging joints. I have just under 3 weeks left of this contest. I'll start a new workout tomorrow.

Question: I've had a friend ask if she can come to the gym with me and workout!(hehehehe)She has seen me go from 145 lbs to 130 lbs in the year that she's known me.(again,hehehehe) Anyway, I'm not sure if that is appropriate as: 1. I'm not a trainer 2.I'm probably at a different fitness level than she is 3.They are not my workouts to be giving away. How would y'all handle this?
Old 07-06-2014, 08:42 PM

I had a similar situation happen this weekend. July 4th was my 47th bday and to celebrate, I decided I wanted to do 300 pushups via an email Pushup challenge good ole' CB sent out a couple of weeks ago! I did it last week and did 240, so decided 300 would be a good bday present to myself!

We were at a family cottage and my 28 year old nephew said he wanted in on the challenge. He's tall and thin, runs a bit and plays golf. I told him his ole' uncle had been training consistently for a year and had prepared my body for this. Of course he didn't listen and came along for the ride anyway.... He did like 200 or so and was paying the price in his triceps and chest the next two days! Me... I nailed the 300 (yippee!!!) and felt just some good afterburn! And then I followed up with a finisher of punisher squats and then to rip my calves, 4 minutes of 20/10 calf raises... those calves, I'm still feeling!!!

Mark
Old 07-06-2014, 10:37 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radz View Post
I had a similar situation happen this weekend. July 4th was my 47th bday and to celebrate, I decided I wanted to do 300 pushups via an email Pushup challenge good ole' CB sent out a couple of weeks ago! I did it last week and did 240, so decided 300 would be a good bday present to myself!

We were at a family cottage and my 28 year old nephew said he wanted in on the challenge. He's tall and thin, runs a bit and plays golf. I told him his ole' uncle had been training consistently for a year and had prepared my body for this. Of course he didn't listen and came along for the ride anyway.... He did like 200 or so and was paying the price in his triceps and chest the next two days! Me... I nailed the 300 (yippee!!!) and felt just some good afterburn! And then I followed up with a finisher of punisher squats and then to rip my calves, 4 minutes of 20/10 calf raises... those calves, I'm still feeling!!!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like you entered the world with a bang! Second, way to whoop the youngin! I guess I deleted that email! 300 push-ups holy cow! I don't think I could do 300 push-ups if my life depended on it! Congratulations!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM

Smile 7/7/2014

I’m feeling like I was hit by a mack truck over the last several days. I don’t look around for some hidden meaning in everything, but I also don’t believe that life is just random and meaningless either. Over the last several days, I’ve really tried to pay attention to what is going on around me by listening to what others are saying, re-reading passages if I’ve zoned out, and thinking deeply about the things that are currently going on in my life.

The first conscious memory I have after doing this is something my sister said to me while at our family party last week. We were talking about exercise and diet. She shared a quote by an unknown source. “You are not a body with a soul, but a soul with a body.” The body is temporary. The soul is eternal. This spoke to me of motivation. Why am I forgoing the donuts and cake while everyone else celebrates? It’s with great embarrassment that I have to honestly admit that it’s so my BUTT looks good in jeans. My motivation for being healthy and fit ought to be so that I am healthy and strong. Healthy so I can care for my family. I need a strong butt so I can get up and help others. I need to lose belly fat so I can reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes so I can be of value to the world! I’m still thinking through my motives, knowing that vanity may well be a battle I fight until the end!

I’m also still going through the Create a Life Plan curriculum. Previously we listed all of the major life events, both good and bad and placed them on a timeline. Now we go through the negative life turns and look for a “redemptive perspective” on each. Dr. Frankl said ,”When we find a redemptive perspective on our sufferings, they cease to be suffering.” This is not about sugar coating our pain, but leaning into it and looking for ways that good can come of it. I’ve been trying to do this with my son.

It is so much easier to hold onto the anger and bitterness and scream,” It’s not fair!” The hard and better work is in accepting what is with grace and moving forward with hope. In just a short time, by doing this, I already have some fuzzy images of what can be. Already, I am more compassionate to the hurts of others. Grief makes you feel alone and somewhat insane. You feel like no one has ever felt this and no one understands. That’s a lie. If nothing else good comes of my son’s rebellion, I commit to making sure the people I come into contact with will be met with humility, kindness, compassion ,a sympathetic ear and the knowledge that someone understands or at least wants to. I don’t have to have been through someone’s exact pain to know what pain feels like.

I commit to not judging others. That is a huge thing in the parenting world and even more so in the Christian homeschooling world that I was a part of. A rebellious child does not automatically mean that parents were not doing their job. Sometimes it means that, but sometimes it means you are raising a human being with a free will, not a puppy. Anyway, there was a lot more that hit me over the last few days, but this is turning into a novel. I’m not able to separate my life into compartments so I thought I’d share a tiny bit of what’s going on in my mind and soul while I transform my health. Hope everyone has a great day. Pay attention to those around you!

Last edited by LeslieM : 07-07-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:54 PM

Smile The Value of Vulnerability

After I posted above I watched the following talk by one of my all time favorite speakers(I'm a little partial as he's a local boy!), Chuck Swindoll on the Value of Vulnerability. Some here may appreciate his message. Chuck is a pastor and the Chancellor of Dallas Theological seminary. He's talking to seminary students, but everytime he says minister you could just as easily substitute trainer or teacher or whatever you do to help people. I realize this won't be everyone's cup of tea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mpSiQvMhFk

Last edited by LeslieM : 07-07-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
The first conscious memory I have after doing this is something my sister said to me while at our family party last week. We were talking about exercise and diet. She shared a quote by an unknown source. “You are not a body with a soul, but a soul with a body.” The body is temporary. The soul is eternal. This spoke to me of motivation. Why am I forgoing the donuts and cake while everyone else celebrates? It’s with great embarrassment that I have to honestly admit that it’s so my BUTT looks good in jeans. My motivation for being healthy and fit ought to be so that I am healthy and strong. Healthy so I can care for my family. I need a strong butt so I can get up and help others. I need to lose belly fat so I can reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes so I can be of value to the world! I’m still thinking through my motives, knowing that vanity may well be a battle I fight until the end!

I’m also still going through the Create a Life Plan curriculum. Previously we listed all of the major life events, both good and bad and placed them on a timeline. Now we go through the negative life turns and look for a “redemptive perspective” on each. Dr. Frankl said ,”When we find a redemptive perspective on our sufferings, they cease to be suffering.” This is not about sugar coating our pain, but leaning into it and looking for ways that good can come of it. I’ve been trying to do this with my son.

It is so much easier to hold onto the anger and bitterness and scream,” It’s not fair!” The hard and better work is in accepting what is with grace and moving forward with hope. In just a short time, by doing this, I already have some fuzzy images of what can be. Already, I am more compassionate to the hurts of others. Grief makes you feel alone and somewhat insane. You feel like no one has ever felt this and no one understands. That’s a lie. If nothing else good comes of my son’s rebellion, I commit to making sure the people I come into contact with will be met with humility, kindness, compassion ,a sympathetic ear and the knowledge that someone understands or at least wants to. I don’t have to have been through someone’s exact pain to know what pain feels like.

I commit to not judging others. That is a huge thing in the parenting world and even more so in the Christian homeschooling world that I was a part of. A rebellious child does not automatically mean that parents were not doing their job. Sometimes it means that, but sometimes it means you are raising a human being with a free will, not a puppy. Anyway, there was a lot more that hit me over the last few days, but this is turning into a novel. I’m not able to separate my life into compartments so I thought I’d share a tiny bit of what’s going on in my mind and soul while I transform my health. Hope everyone has a great day. Pay attention to those around you!
Leslie, I'm inspired by your journey, your introspective realizations and your commitment to being a kind and compassionate person, even though you want to scream. It's so very true we cannot know what others are dealing with, we can only try to be kind.

And don't feel guilty about wanting your butt to look good! Even though it may seem more virtuous to talk about the physical health reasons, what about mental health? People who are fit and look good are treated differently than those who are overweight; that's how our society is. You can rationally defend the mental health benefit of being treated better, feeling confident and proud of yourself for being in control of your body, and having others be proud of you.

You go, girl!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:01 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Leslie, I'm inspired by your journey, your introspective realizations and your commitment to being a kind and compassionate person, even though you want to scream. It's so very true we cannot know what others are dealing with, we can only try to be kind.

And don't feel guilty about wanting your butt to look good! Even though it may seem more virtuous to talk about the physical health reasons, what about mental health? People who are fit and look good are treated differently than those who are overweight; that's how our society is. You can rationally defend the mental health benefit of being treated better, feeling confident and proud of yourself for being in control of your body, and having others be proud of you.

You go, girl!
Thank you for your kindness! Now, as to my buttocks, you are right. In re-reading my post, I do sound like a pious prude.(my words, not yours!) Sorry to anyone who is reading this who wants a firm butt! You get no judgement here! This is my own issue. I've struggled w/ vanity and tying my worth into my looks for as long as I can remember. Oddly, I've done the same with my brain. I want to be pretty and brilliant! Oh, and funny. I'm really ready to be done with that! Thanks again for your thoughtful encouragement. Leslie