TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2014, 07:26 PM

Leslie, we will miss you! Your challenges are great right now, but you're very wise already in looking forward to the day you can pass on the wisdom gained from this hurdle.

I went through a rough time in my early 20's with some major health issues that I think greatly increased my ability to be compassionate as well. You really don't know what others are going through. And if you're ever confused, I find that kindness is usually the best path until you do know what to do.

Good for you in getting accountable with your friends. You'll still have a social support, even if it's not the TT forum. But we get you for one more month
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 PM

Smile

Thank you Maureen. Going through Man's Search For Meaning has helped tremendously to keep things in perspective. The compassion part was already there as I've been parenting a child whose brain works so differently for 15 years. I'm starting to see possible good things that can come of this beyond just the refining of me! I may need to be reminded of this on my dark days though.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:58 AM

Hey Leslie,

I haven't been on in awhile and hope I haven't missed your last day on here! Your positive encouragement, posts and "smiling masked face" will be missed! Wishing you, your family and your son the best through these life challenges!

Mark

Mark
Old 06-12-2014, 09:19 AM

Blessing to you and your family Leslie.
Concetta
Old 07-01-2014, 12:22 AM

Smile 6/30/14

Hey Guys
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm still trucking along. I have 1 1/2 weeks left of the Thermo 30. I really like that one. My only issue is that my quads seem to be growing faster than my rear end. I'm trying to play around with the foot positioning and stuff and really concentrating on make my butt do more of the work. If any of you have a suggestion for which workout I should finish up with, I'm all ears. We're having a pool party tomorrow. I'm determined to be a good little girl. Since it's my party, I got to plan plenty of healthy options. Great to be back. I thought of you guys often. Leslie
Old 07-01-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Hey Guys
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm still trucking along. I have 1 1/2 weeks left of the Thermo 30. I really like that one. My only issue is that my quads seem to be growing faster than my rear end. I'm trying to play around with the foot positioning and stuff and really concentrating on make my butt do more of the work. If any of you have a suggestion for which workout I should finish up with, I'm all ears. We're having a pool party tomorrow. I'm determined to be a good little girl. Since it's my party, I got to plan plenty of healthy options. Great to be back. I thought of you guys often. Leslie

Glad you are back I hope all has been well.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:38 PM

Smile 7/1/14

Today was celebration day for our family. I did not get any exercise in. Food was pretty much on point, but I had way more wine than is typically appropriate for a Tuesday. Cheese was consumed, but in a small quantity. I did not cheat with any gluten even though donuts and kolaches( a weird donut/pig in a blanket, Texas/German creation) were part of the morning festivities and cake was part of the afternoon. I did have about 3-4 solo cups of wine!(because when it comes right down to it, I'm a trailer park girl living in the suburbs!)(and I didn't want any of my pretty glasses getting broken by the pool)

Weird experience yesterday-(for your entertainment)(absolutely nothing to do with fatloss) I was sitting in my backyard telling my mother-in-law about a weird thing that happens to me. If I get hit hard enough on a reflex point or on a funny bone, I faint. Once I fainted and hit my head so hard that I had about 30 minutes of memory loss.When I came too, I was DRIVING!! While I was telling her this, I got a text from my son telling me he had passed out while playing baseball. He was batting, got hit by the pitch on the funny bone. He ran to first and then fainted. He did a face plant on 1st base. He came home looking like he'd been in a fight. Freaky!

I actually looked at the calendar. I only have 2 days of the thermo 30 left. I need to figure something out by Monday!!

Last edited by LeslieM : 07-01-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:03 AM

Smile 7/2/14

Today is day 2 of family celebrations. Yesterday my husband was promoted to what will likely be his final rank in the Coast Guard. Today we celebrate 20 years of marriage. Being around family in a festive mood can easily turn in to diet derailment, but I actually lost weight yesterday. I did drink some wine, even though it was supposed to be low-carb day. I knew I probably would, so I tried to keep my food carbs low. It also helped that I planned the food and had plenty of healthy/treaty kind of food to choose.(like hummus and bright bell pepper strips)

Tonight we're going out for dinner. We are eating seafood so eating healthy should be easy. (growing up in TX, I never tasted fish that was not fried until I was in my twenties and cooked it myself.

I'll be heading to the gym to do Thermo workout B for the last time after my coffee starts working it's magic. I'll explore around the site this weekend and decide on a new workout for the remainder of the contest. Have a great day!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Today is day 2 of family celebrations. Yesterday my husband was promoted to what will likely be his final rank in the Coast Guard. Today we celebrate 20 years of marriage. Being around family in a festive mood can easily turn in to diet derailment, but I actually lost weight yesterday. I did drink some wine, even though it was supposed to be low-carb day. I knew I probably would, so I tried to keep my food carbs low. It also helped that I planned the food and had plenty of healthy/treaty kind of food to choose.(like hummus and bright bell pepper strips)

Tonight we're going out for dinner. We are eating seafood so eating healthy should be easy. (growing up in TX, I never tasted fish that was not fried until I was in my twenties and cooked it myself.

I'll be heading to the gym to do Thermo workout B for the last time after my coffee starts working it's magic. I'll explore around the site this weekend and decide on a new workout for the remainder of the contest. Have a great day!
Happy anniversary to you and your husband! 20 years - that's AWESOME.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Whitfield View Post
Happy anniversary to you and your husband! 20 years - that's AWESOME.
Thank you. It's been a wild ride.