TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 01:24 PM

Default Back In It

Hey guys,

logged on to pick a workout and saw that there is another TT contest starting up now; I decided to hop on over and enter for motivation's sake and then saw that former winners have a category to enter now... sweet! (Thanks Craig!)

So much has happened in my life since I was last on the forums. Got married, we lived states apart for the first few months of marriage... then made the big move from VA to FL. I got a job shortly after moving here and have worked pretty crazy hours for the last year. I moved my horse down with me and have done a lot with her show-wise. That is what has kept me in halfway decent shape. Regretfully, I haven't been consistent with TT workouts.

In July, my husband and I bought a condo here; we have a fitness room but it is pretty lame; has some treadmills and one cable weight machine. I have some random stuff for home workouts, but am thinking I may have to join a gym after the new years crowd thins out.

All in all, I maintained my weight loss up until the holidays this year. I have put on about 10 lbs.... so I am starting out at 5ft5in, 125 lbs. The big thing I dislike at the moment though is my shape which has changed a lot with those 10 lbs. I gained about an inch and a half around each thigh and about 2 inches around my waist. I will post measurements and pictures when I officially start; likely tomorrow or Wednesday.

Goals? I would like to get back to the fitness level I was right before/after we got married a year and a half ago. I used to have the luxury of a gym membership with my previous job, as well as time at the gym as shift work permitted... but losing that has really killed a lot of my motivation. I would also like to have even more core strength than I did then because it's really necessary for the level of riding I am getting to. I also hope to improve some of my dietary habits, especially my caffeine intake. I was sick w/ strep last week and I had some killer withdrawal headaches when I went too long without it.

I am going to start with the TT 2.0 beginner workout for at least 2-3 weeks. Depending on how I feel I may move on or stay with it for a full 4 weeks.

Well, off to work I go.

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Welcome back, and congratulations on the wedding!

You are going to do great. Keep on pushing on.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM

Good luck, Rachel. I'm also entering the pro category with TT 2.0 as my workout plan, starting with beginner.

Mark
Old 01-07-2014, 06:50 PM

Welcome back and good luck.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:40 PM

Welcome back slackjaw and firemedicrr!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:19 PM

Good to see you back around, Rachel. I took some before pics myself and they're not as bad as I feared, but there's definitely room for improvement. I should probably get a thread going here sometime this week.... Good luck to you!

Old 01-10-2014, 02:52 PM

Default Thanks Guys!

Finally around to posting again. Today is my official start date. I got my newspaper on my way home from my riding lesson this morning. yay Glad to see so many familiar faces, it's good to be back!

I did Workout A on Tuesday, I am doing workout B today. Sometimes I am having to switch up my schedule due to my riding plans. I definitely didn't want to be sore for my lesson today, so workout days are being worked around riding lesson days at least until I get back into better shape. Like I said, one of my big goals is improving my core strength.

What programs are the rest of you doing??

I will be posting later with pics and stats -gulp- time to face reality.

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 PM

Default The Ulgy Truth... Pics and stats

Hey all,

I am back, completed day 1's workout (TT 2.0 basic B). I just spent some time looking back through at my old threads and pictures. Sigh. Nostalgia. I let myself slip more than I realized, but what's done is done and it's back on the wagon again now. So- with that said-- pics, stats:

Start date 1/10/14:
weight - ??? I don't own a scale, I will step on one Monday when we inevitably transport a pt who has to be weighed. Just know that will be a fully clothed with boots weight, but hey, I'm not so picky about the weight as I am the measurements and the look

neck- 13"
shoulders- 34"
bust- 34"
ribcage- 28.75"
waist- 26.5"
over navel area (widest part of abdomen on me before my hips- 30.5" (ouch)
hips- 38.25" (ouch again)
r thigh- 23" (clearly I am naturally more pear shaped, boo, hiss)
l thigh- 23"
r bicep- 11.25"
l bicep- 11.25"

so, I'm basically back to almost the same measurements as I was when I finished TC#10, except that I'm not as fit as I was then- the proof is in my before photos which are not as flattering as my tc#10 finish photos. Proof that even similar measurements and weights can look way different depending on how much of it is muscle vs fat composition.

pics :/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tt1.jpg (49.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg tt2.jpg (47.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg tt3.jpg (46.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg tt4.jpg (39.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg tt5.jpg (42.2 KB, 22 views)

Old 01-13-2014, 03:06 PM

Hey Rachel, from one pear to another, welcome back for Round 2 (mine, too). We didn't do the same previous contests but it will be good to be in this one together. Let's do it!

Maureen
Old 01-27-2014, 01:22 PM

Default Still trudging along

Hey All,

I haven't posted much at all, but I am still here... trudging along. I have gotten in 4 of the 6 workouts I was supposed to do the past 2 weeks. I am trying this week to not miss one. We will see how that goes. I have been riding, too.... I am still dead tired in the mornings so I am hoping to get to a point where waking up at the same time every day isn't killing me. I am trying, but I am often hitting snooze, which is no good. On the plus side, I am finally craving healthy foods again instead of junk, yay!

Made black bean soup last night so that's what's for lunch and dinner today.

xoxo keep at it, guys, we got this!