TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 01:59 AM

Default Not giving up ...

Hi all,

I'm back in the ring for this contest with a few days left before the last chance to enter.

I started the last contest and was going well for the first 6 weeks but for various reasons I fell off the wagon and didn't complete it.

I've gained 5 pounds or so of the weight I'd lost earlier this year back but at least I am starting at a more advanced point than I was before so I can take that as a positive. I am still 15 pounds lighter than I was about 18 months ago.

I'm determined to make it work now with this my chance to make things happen before the end of 2012.

Goal:

I'm actually going to set an 8 week goal of losing 12-14 pounds during that time frame. I'll then reassess for the final 4 weeks. I'm 183 pounds now so aim to get down to 170 pounds) in these 8 weeks.

The reason I've done this is I read in a previous post by Craig that for my height (5.10) I shouldn't weigh less than 170 so once I hit there I may try to build muscle for the final part of the contest but I'll see how I look at 8 weeks to make a final decision.

Program:

I'll be using 2k3 and 2k4 for weeks 1-8 and take it from there.

Diet-wise I know what I need to do. Keep it as simple as possible making sure I get my protein, fibre, healthy fats etc... while eating lots of fresh veggies and fruit.

Last time when I look back I started to fall off once I started mixing my diet up with things like ESE to try to accelerate my progress. It then got too easy to cheat and say 'it's ok I'll fast to make up for it.'

Overall, while excellent for many I'm sure, I think what works for me is a routine of eating healthy foods day in day out and keeping track of it, seeing as I have problems with bingeing.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all. This time I WILL finish!

Tom
Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganHK View Post
Hi all,

I'm back in the ring for this contest with a few days left before the last chance to enter.

I started the last contest and was going well for the first 6 weeks but for various reasons I fell off the wagon and didn't complete it.

I've gained 5 pounds or so of the weight I'd lost earlier this year back but at least I am starting at a more advanced point than I was before so I can take that as a positive. I am still 15 pounds lighter than I was about 18 months ago.

I'm determined to make it work now with this my chance to make things happen before the end of 2012.

Goal:

I'm actually going to set an 8 week goal of losing 12-14 pounds during that time frame. I'll then reassess for the final 4 weeks. I'm 183 pounds now so aim to get down to 170 pounds) in these 8 weeks.

The reason I've done this is I read in a previous post by Craig that for my height (5.10) I shouldn't weigh less than 170 so once I hit there I may try to build muscle for the final part of the contest but I'll see how I look at 8 weeks to make a final decision.

Program:

I'll be using 2k3 and 2k4 for weeks 1-8 and take it from there.

Diet-wise I know what I need to do. Keep it as simple as possible making sure I get my protein, fibre, healthy fats etc... while eating lots of fresh veggies and fruit.

Last time when I look back I started to fall off once I started mixing my diet up with things like ESE to try to accelerate my progress. It then got too easy to cheat and say 'it's ok I'll fast to make up for it.'

Overall, while excellent for many I'm sure, I think what works for me is a routine of eating healthy foods day in day out and keeping track of it, seeing as I have problems with bingeing.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all. This time I WILL finish!

Tom
Like Craig alludes to...........if you fall off the wagon, cut your losses and get back on...........never give up.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 AM

Hey Im in the same boat as I fell off the wagon too. Its was about 7 weeks in I lost the momentum.

Great to hear your straight into another challenge good luck I look forward to seeing your progress.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:35 AM

Good luck Tom, and like Rob said, no matter what happens you can always keep going. Cut your losses and move forward!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Alright, this is going to be the one, let's go!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:57 AM

Thanks guys for the support!

Time to make it happen ....
Old 09-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Dang right, let's do this
Old 09-22-2012, 07:32 PM

Thanks Craig.
Quick question, about to start my first workouts of the transformation today. I've had about 6 weeks off with an injury.

Am I ok starting straight with 2k3 easing in with one set each exercise to start with or is it better I start on intermediate again?

I haven't been able to do much at all the last few weeks.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 01:43 PM

Smile

Hi there Tom

Welcome to TT and another contest, you are not alone in falling off the wagon! Me too - several times! But never ever give up!

We are back on it now and are going to make it happen this time like Craig says.

Here's to a great contest and look forward to sharing your success,

TTK3 is one of my favourites too, an oldie but a goodie!

Keep up the good work

Cheers Katie
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 AM

Thanks Katie ... glad to hear others are in the same boat.

Today is the official Day 1 of my challenge.

Today I'm going to start TT 2K3 workout A after I leave work followed by some intervals.

Diet-wise I had a power smoothie for breakfast with blueberries, strawberries, vegan protein powder, greens powder, flax seeds and cacao.

For lunch I just had takeout from an organic vegetarian restaurant, which was red lentil dahl accompanied by a salad (broccoli, carrots, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes and some quinoa)

I'll probably have fish and vegetables for dinner.

Also going to plan out my whole week's diet this evening and set some rules to stick to during the next 12 weeks so I achieve my goals.