TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM

Default A Passion For What Really Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
You're such an encouragement to me. I haven't listened to the interview yet, but everyone seems to love it. I need to check it out soon.

So what's involved in becoming a certified trainer and then a TT trainer. Getting in shape has got me so excited about life. People at work have watched me go from 215 to 162 over the past 2 years and are always asking me what I'm doing.

One lady even asked to see my abs. I reluctantly did, a little embarassed but humbly proud (if you can be that) about her asking.

I want to share the TT love with the world. I'm a full time worker who's also a road warrior as well as a husband, father and goat farmer. I know I can make the time, just need to know where to start.
I became a CTT because the only way I could keep my transformation for good was to pass it on to others. You can blog, connect with people in these forums, and just represent TT out in the world by training "Bally Style" in public, but when keeping a TT physique is part of your livelihood it's pretty hard to blow it off!

There are different ways to use your TT cert. Kerry works for a gym, Mike writes TT programs, Brian runs TT Bootcamps add his own spin with games, and I own a studio that combines my love of dance with Turbulence training- which quite frankly keeps me fit TO dance.

It took 6 months to study for and get my ACE cert, and three months to complete my TT studies, test, and written submissions. Certainly others have gone much faster, but I tend to procrastinate for a variety of reasons.

Start by researching NCCA accredited fitness certifications. There are charts that compare them side by side. For liability coverage I joined IDEA for group rates, and I get my coverage from Fitness and Wellness insurance.

Right now, the truth is that my Zumba and Zumba Gold classes fill almost effortlessly because of the power of 10 years of worldwide marketing. My TT classes are smaller, but every single client who has stuck with the program has achieved physical transformation.

Every single one.

Nothing works like TT, and in 10 years TT will draw as many clients because it is safe and it works.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Fantastic Catherine, great news.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:48 AM

Smile

Wow Catherine you are such an inspiration,

I am so pleased you are in this contest. You always offer fab advice and are so honest about everything, you just say it how it is.

You are still my idol and one day I might live up to your reputation, I would dearly love the confidence to do what your doing and I am so happy for you that it has all worked, you deserve it. I would just love to come to one of your classes, I bet they rock

Keep up the fab work, your clients are so lucky
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Wow Catherine you are such an inspiration,

I am so pleased you are in this contest. You always offer fab advice and are so honest about everything, you just say it how it is.

You are still my idol and one day I might live up to your reputation, I would dearly love the confidence to do what your doing and I am so happy for you that it has all worked, you deserve it. I would just love to come to one of your classes, I bet they rock

Keep up the fab work, your clients are so lucky
Right back at you Katie,

I have thought of your journey and transformation many times, because the person I'm most excited about helping is the individual who has to earn his or her athletic and figure goals by being smart and persistent. Sure, if you're a physically gifted 25 year old who has always been swift and strong, you can probably buy any fitness program and have it work for you. But in my case I couldn't do a single full body push up when I started TT in 2008, so I had to have something that could get me ready to train effectively.

Lately I've come to understand that although I do believe in transformation at any age, I can't mess around with my fitness fundamentals the way I used to.

Where 80/20 used to work, now 90/10 compliance is essential when it comes to food and training, and that means that support is even more important.

So thank you so much for yours.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 AM

Smile spinach

Hi Catherine

Thanks for this what lovely things to say, and you are so right about the age thing making it harder! I really wish I had discovered TT when I was younger, I did train hard then, but TT is better than anything I have done.

I have always wanted to be able to eat what I like, but I guess that is never going to be possible, I struggle daily with food issues, I wish I had never ever gone to a slimming club !! I was 17 and weighed 108lbs and they let me join!! I realise now how crazy that was, but it was back in the day of Jane Fonda and all that and now I look at some of those exercises and realise how bad they were for you! But hey ho such is life.

I have a question about spinach!

I remember in one of the contests you were loving spinach and cooking a lot of it, but I can't remember how you cooked it, I seem to remember something about using low cal spray and putting it in microwave?

I did try this, but still found it to have a bit of an acquired taste?!!

Any ideas how to make it a bit more tasty without adding loads of cals?

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Fantastic insight on the 90-10, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Right back at you Katie,

I have thought of your journey and transformation many times, because the person I'm most excited about helping is the individual who has to earn his or her athletic and figure goals by being smart and persistent. Sure, if you're a physically gifted 25 year old who has always been swift and strong, you can probably buy any fitness program and have it work for you. But in my case I couldn't do a single full body push up when I started TT in 2008, so I had to have something that could get me ready to train effectively.

Lately I've come to understand that although I do believe in transformation at any age, I can't mess around with my fitness fundamentals the way I used to.

Where 80/20 used to work, now 90/10 compliance is essential when it comes to food and training, and that means that support is even more important.

So thank you so much for yours.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Hi Katie:

I ate some spinach this evening. One way to make it taste better is to try to just add it in to some other meal. Tonight I made a stir-fry with quinoa, tempeh, garlic, ginger, tamari, kimchee, peas, corn, and spinach. You could use broccoli and kale instead of peas and corn to reduce the calories.

Mark
Old 09-20-2012, 04:12 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Hi Katie:

I ate some spinach this evening. One way to make it taste better is to try to just add it in to some other meal. Tonight I made a stir-fry with quinoa, tempeh, garlic, ginger, tamari, kimchee, peas, corn, and spinach. You could use broccoli and kale instead of peas and corn to reduce the calories.

Mark
Hi Mark

thanks for the advice and the yummy sounding dinner you made! sounds fab even though I have not even heard of some of the ingredients! what is tamari, kimchee and tempeh? not heard of those. I love stir frys so will give this a go, had spinach again tonight on a salad.

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM

Default Same size, different look.

Wow, I'm glad I took this photo.

I was taking before pictures of my clients, and I took this while they were changing. I just took my measurements a minute ago, and they aren't that much different from what they were at a lower body fat percentage- but everything has softened up so much!

This is why the picture is so powerful- it adds another element of truth to the whole transformation equation.

Measurements-
Height 5'1"
Neck- 11.5"
Chest 33.5"
Waist- 25"
Hips- 36.5"
Thigh- 20.5"
Calf- 14.5

My biggest concern is the trainer paradox- The more people you train the higher the volume of work, and the more likely it is that you'll increase cortisol and appetite.

I feel confident that I can rebuild the tight and shapely look I had in the spring of 2011, I just need to make sure I recover and stay faithful to my food plan. I know I can do it. I just have to train and eat really smart.

You know what they say, be careful what you wish for!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Smaller.jpg (28.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-23-2012, 12:16 PM

Thanks Craig and Catherine for the CTT info. I'll start looking into it.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym