TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 08:36 PM

Great analogy there Rob - I'll try to think of it like that!

Slight change of plan this week unfortunately. I've strained an intercostal muscle. I had an injury in the summer after falling off my bike.

It seems to have strained over the weekend.

It doesn't hurt too much but it's tender to touch and when I stretch it it's sore. I think it'll need a week or so off so not looking good for the challenge but i'm figuring I should get it sorted now rather than face a longer time off.

I may continue to do some intervals on the bike but not today.

Aiming to make sure my nutrition is right on track this week ...
Old 10-09-2012, 02:16 PM

Yikes... I hope you get better soon!
Mike
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM

Get better soon!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:08 AM

Thanks for the support guys. It's been a tough week with not being able to work out but I did manage to do intervals on Weds and planning a session today or tomorrow.

I did acupuncture yesterday and my injury seems a bit better. Thinking a few more days and I should be able to start on TT2K3 next week.

Overall, I lost a little bit this week since I've been good with my diet - except I had a lot of red wine last night as we had a special family occasion. It's a one off though and otherwise I've been drinking moderately.

Still hovering around the 180 pound mark.

Can't wait to get back into the full workouts.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Stay strong and positive,

Craig
Old 10-13-2012, 09:39 PM

Thanks Craig. I will be resuming my workouts tomorrow, taking it light for the first week. Can't wait.

Just about to go on a hike in the hills today so will be good to get some exercise and fresh air.

Yesterday I had a cheat day so to speak. Under my nutrition plan I'm allowing myself two reward meals a week and it just so happened those both came yesterday. At lunch we went out for a Chinese meal with stir fry, dumplings etc... which I had a couple of beers with. Then in the evening I had a footlong subway. We squeezed in another beer in between the two large meals.

Overall the day came to around 3,100 calories (I track every day on Livestrong) so around 1,000 over my usual -- not too bad I guess if it's a one off.

For me, not sure if doing both the allocated meals in one day is a good thing given I have problems with bingeing so I think I'll try to space them out going forward.

Next week's is my wife's 30th birthday so will have to strike a balance between celebrating the moment and not overindulging! We are going to Thailand. The food will be fine, will just have to watch not to have too many cold beers...

Have a bbq tonight but will steer clear of anything junky and stick to grilled meat and salads.

6 days to go before I head to Thailand for my wife's birthday so that's six days of TT living that awaits, hopefully with 3 good workouts!

Last edited by MorganHK : 10-13-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:28 AM

Go get em! Congrats on your wife's 30th!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 AM

Got back into it today with my first TT workout since I decided to take time off for my injury ...

I did TT 2k3 workout A. I just did one set of each to ease in slowly.

I didn't do intervals today but planning to tomorrow.

During the two weeks I've been off, I stayed around the same weight - 181 pounds -- so now looking to accelerate the fat loss during the next 4 weeks!