TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 AM

You're doing great Desmond, and the support is here whether you get it in the real world or not. Ahhh BDHC- I remember it well. As far as going lighter on new exercises goes, I think you get as much benefit as lifting heavy on familiar lifts because of the added stimulus from muscle confusion. A lot of times, I'm tempted to stick with what I know rater than face the awkwardness of a new movement, but I've discovered some of my absolute favorite exercises that way. I'm thinking of how much I like the SCREACH right now- it's like yoga meets the pushup.

As far as giving up wheat and dairy goes, there's only one way to find out if it makes a difference for you. Try it and see. By the final two weeks before pictures I'll be pulling the dairy out myself.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Administrator

great advice and encouragement from Catherine. Keep it up, stay strong.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:24 AM

Default Just venting

I have figured out what my biggest food trigger is and that's anger. I have others, but those don't have near the effect. I get angry and to make sure I don't say anything that I'll probably regret, I'll eat. Granted, I usually eat something like a peanut butter sandwich (or two last night), but it's still extra food I don't need to eat. It really frustrates me because sometimes I don't see the anger coming and it's too late once I'm in it. It's been a real frustrating week. Workouts are going great. I just need to get over the food hump.

Oh well. Another day, I guess.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:04 PM

As Craig mentions in his emails, figure out 2 solutions for whenever you feel anger come on. Maybe it's going for a walk or having a cup of tea in a different environment to cool off.

It's hard (I won't lie), but once you implement those solutions, you'll free yourself. I hope that helps.

Mike
Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demond View Post
I have figured out what my biggest food trigger is and that's anger. I have others, but those don't have near the effect. I get angry and to make sure I don't say anything that I'll probably regret, I'll eat. Granted, I usually eat something like a peanut butter sandwich (or two last night), but it's still extra food I don't need to eat. It really frustrates me because sometimes I don't see the anger coming and it's too late once I'm in it. It's been a real frustrating week. Workouts are going great. I just need to get over the food hump.

Oh well. Another day, I guess.

Another day - you said it!

Just look forward and as Mike suggests try to come up with some strategies to learn how to deal with it for next time.

I have problems with bingeing myself. My problems have mainly been related to going out socially and drinking too much (beer to make matters worse fat gain wise!) and making poor food choices, causing my weight to fluctuate a lot.

Ironically the way I've dealt with this is aiming to enjoy a glass or two of red wine more often throughout the week so I don't get to Friday and be tempted to over indulge. That was my trigger - I'd then have a really bad weekend food wise and it was a vicious circle.

The strategy has worked well for the last 3 weeks and I've stuck to my healthy eating plans. Once I'm confident I've fully established this as a new habit I'll cut back again so I lose fat faster.

The other one was eating while watching TV - I've started eating at the table instead and that seems to be a solution to this problem.

Good luck on your side! You will get there so just keep on moving forward!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 AM

Default Update

5 weeks to go for me and here's my progress:

Positives
down a couple of percentage points from the beginning of the contest...only 1 pound.
completely eliminated wheat from my food intake. Nothing new yet.
only missed 2 workouts, and that's because I was down with the flu
actually did interval training on a bike vs. bw cardio or using KBs. Good stuff!

Improvements to make
I'm really beginning to hate lunges.
This is the last week of BGHC. Any suggestions on my stretch run? I'm eyeing Reformed Meatheads, but taking suggestions. ;-)

I hope everyone is doing well and having as much fun with this self discovery as I am.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demond View Post
5 weeks to go for me and here's my progress:

Positives
down a couple of percentage points from the beginning of the contest...only 1 pound.
completely eliminated wheat from my food intake. Nothing new yet.
only missed 2 workouts, and that's because I was down with the flu
actually did interval training on a bike vs. bw cardio or using KBs. Good stuff!

Improvements to make
I'm really beginning to hate lunges.
This is the last week of BGHC. Any suggestions on my stretch run? I'm eyeing Reformed Meatheads, but taking suggestions. ;-)

I hope everyone is doing well and having as much fun with this self discovery as I am.
Great work Demond - if you like the meatheads workouts, you will love the latest one, Meatheads 100 rep challenge. I tested out Workout A a couple of weeks ago and loved it.

Keep up the great progress - that's great you only missed 2.
Mike
Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Well done, and yes, as Mikey says, you'll love that new Meatheads 100 program
Old 11-22-2012, 10:45 AM

Default And Down the Stretch They Come...

I'm from KY, so pardon the Derby reference. :-)

I've been very busy with added workload and the impending arrival of our first child, so I haven't posed in a while.

The good:
From the eyeball test I've been leaning out quite a bit. I don't think I have anything that fits anymore. Good sign.

I'm getting better at controlling my anger induced binge eating.

I decided to do Bodyweight Cardio 3 because I'm just burnt out on lifting weights, and that's been a great change of pace.

The bad:
Contest almost over. I have a little over a week left. :-(

I hope everyone else is having as much fun as I've had over the last 12 weeks!
Old 11-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Great work Demond, sounds like you'll be posting an impressive final update. Stay strong!