TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 01:33 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hi Katie,

On the power breakfast subject, I've updated my usual menu a bit. Now I saute' my vegetables in a cast iron skillet with a bit of organic coconut oil or Kerrygold butter. I'm loving chard, mushrooms, onion, home grown tomatoes and peppers these days. I season with organic turmeric, ginger, curry powder, and iodized sea salt (from Italy- not Morton's which has fillers that keep it from clumping) . I suggest you make extra to serve your loved ones and to eat with lunch.

No matter what eating plan you follow, you simply can't go wrong with fresh vegetables at every meal. Once we get to a "normal" BMI there isn't that much wiggle room in the diet anymore so nutrient density is crucial. I believe that most of the hunger I feel is a genuine request from my body for nutrition. As long as I don't scramble those signals with hyper-palatable foods I can eat to fullness/satiety and still release fat at a moderate calorie deficit.

It really does work!

Thanks Catherine, I have a fridge full of fresh veges, ready for this week. I have been trying to fill up on vegs/fruit, but not managed to kick the snacking completely, but I have had an wine free weekend!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:35 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Thanks for dropping by Katie. Mikey suggested some subs. You will love Thermogenic. Good luck!! Concetta
Cheers Concetta, I saw the post over on your thread, but thanks for posting it over here as I might have missed it.

I am also going to sub burpees for TBE as well as they are better for my back.

Cheers
Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 PM

Smile Update

Hi Guys

Well first week of really getting into the contest has been good, I did start 2 weeks ago but it was a bit of a start, then stop, so last week was my start again!

I am def feeling better, not sure there is much weight loss but clothes feel a bit better so I think I will go with that as an indicator.

Nutrition on the whole has been good, but I have found I have snacked on a few things today that were processed and I should not have been eating, so goals for this week:

1. cut out the mini packs of biscuits (hubby is bringing them home from the hotel!)

2. Increase vegetables intake and variety

3. drink more water

4. keep a check on sweet tooth...!!

I have planned a menu for the week for both the boys and myself, hubby is working away so I can't plan for him!

Boys will not eat some of the stuff I eat, but they are also increasing their vegetable and fruit intake.

OK that's it for now

Keep up the good work everyone

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-23-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Guys

Well first week of really getting into the contest has been good, I did start 2 weeks ago but it was a bit of a start, then stop, so last week was my start again!

I am def feeling better, not sure there is much weight loss but clothes feel a bit better so I think I will go with that as an indicator.

Nutrition on the whole has been good, but I have found I have snacked on a few things today that were processed and I should not have been eating, so goals for this week:

1. cut out the mini packs of biscuits (hubby is bringing them home from the hotel!)

2. Increase vegetables intake and variety

3. drink more water

4. keep a check on sweet tooth...!!

I have planned a menu for the week for both the boys and myself, hubby is working away so I can't plan for him!

Boys will not eat some of the stuff I eat, but they are also increasing their vegetable and fruit intake.

OK that's it for now

Keep up the good work everyone

Cheers for now Katie
Keep up the good work Katie!!!!!! You put the "gal" in galaxy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:41 PM

Good to see you back again, Katie! Good luck in making progress towards those goals - get a good plan and stick with it and you're set. You've been there, done that, so we all know you can do it again.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:51 AM

Sounds like you have a great plan Katie - good luck to you! I'll be rooting for you.

Particularly impressive given all you have going on right now with the move back to the UK etc...

Thanks as well for the message of support on my thread.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:57 AM

Hi Katie, sounds like you're doing really well! My son is the same; he won't eat most of what i cook so we often end up having three different meals (I'm veggie).

Good luck with the contest!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 AM

Good Luck with your goals for the week Im sure you will hit your targets no problem at all
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Concetta
great workout as usual, I know what you mean about weekends, they are my hardest as well, hope the dog trial went well..
am def doing Thermogenic next time,
You are very strong, lifting those heavy weights.
Keep up great work Cheers Katie
Thanks for stopping by Katie. Lets do this!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM

Smile Bit of a blip

Hi Guys

I have been MIA for a week , but have been doing really well up til this week. Now I have been hit with a viral infection and have not trained since Monday. Even on Monday's workout I did not even sweat? Even though I was working hard, guess I must have been coming donw with something then as it's not normal not to sweat after a TT workout!

Since Monday I have not trained and my eating has gone hay wire, not eating any proper food just tipping junk down my throat

As a result I feel even worse, but to be honest I cant' even taste my food, my throat is really sore and body aches every where.

I am hoping this will pass and I will be back on track next week, I think I have mentally written off this week, not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Have to say I am not in a good way physically or mentally at the moment and I know my crappy eating is not helping.

Plan of action:

1. cut out eating junk - no biscuits or crisps
2. increase water intake
3. rest and get my body better
4. eat fresh fruit/veg

I actually think I am mistaking eating for needing a drink, I am sure I am thirsty and not hungry but keep hunting for tasty food in the form of junk to satisfy something.

Last weekend I felt fab and now I feel the complete opposite so i know what I need to do.

I am also getting fed up of not having a job and getting knocked backs and rejections for jobs, but I know there are lots of people in the same boat.

But I now need to Get back on track!!!

Hope everyone else is doing OK,. will check out your threads now.

Cheers for now Katie