TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 AM

LG,
Go to the Home page. Click on All TT Manual downloads, way on the left side. Then click on All Categories, on the left.......Click on Nutrition......you will see several downloads, one of which is Isabels......
Old 09-09-2012, 10:39 AM

Thanks Rob/John, I found it!

I think some of the principles are great although I won't be able to follow meal plans as I am vegetarian (no meat or fish) but I can certainly incorporate some principles. An interesting read! And it has encouraged me to buy coconut oil which I have been meaning to do for ages .
Old 09-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonGirl View Post
Thanks Rob/John, I found it!

I think some of the principles are great although I won't be able to follow meal plans as I am vegetarian (no meat or fish) but I can certainly incorporate some principles. An interesting read! And it has encouraged me to buy coconut oil which I have been meaning to do for ages .
I dont follow it either......I just knew it was there...LOL............
Old 09-09-2012, 02:45 PM

Yeah, I think it will be a bit too restrictive for me re: evening meals; may be OK for daytime though.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:05 PM

Just take what works for you and pass on the rest. She's got some great advice, don't we all

Did you set some goals for TC15? Something to shoot for?

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-10-2012, 02:32 AM

Hi John, my goal is to lose about 10lbs which will probably mean about 7lbs of fat and then some water and inflammation etc.

Then after Christmas, if I have met this first goal, I want to move into muscle-building as I have hardly any muscle, especially in the back body.

Today: Beginner Workout B and intervals.

I bumped up the weights for the step-ups and for the rows and that made a difference; plesantly sweaty now!

I'll do some more cardio later (I am pretty sedentary so I need to break the day up) and have a walk also.

Food is going OK but I do need to read Isabel's guidelines again. I think wheat could go although I do love a piece of good granary bread and butter!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonGirl View Post
Hi John, my goal is to lose about 10lbs which will probably mean about 7lbs of fat and then some water and inflammation etc.

Then after Christmas, if I have met this first goal, I want to move into muscle-building as I have hardly any muscle, especially in the back body.

Today: Beginner Workout B and intervals.

I bumped up the weights for the step-ups and for the rows and that made a difference; plesantly sweaty now!

I'll do some more cardio later (I am pretty sedentary so I need to break the day up) and have a walk also.

Food is going OK but I do need to read Isabel's guidelines again. I think wheat could go although I do love a piece of good granary bread and butter!
Thanks for the congrats in the private message. My wife swore she could never give up wheat as she loves bread....but I asked her to give it a try. In the first week she's lost 5lbs simply by giving up the wheat. She does get a cheat day once a week so that's when she enjoys her much loved Amish Blueberry loaf.

It's a big help psychologically as well as the physical "leptin" boost.

Hope you find your groove and what works for you.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-11-2012, 03:11 AM

Thanks John. I think I will try and ditch the wheat for a while as it is such a trigger for me. But i do love home-made cakes, though, so that might have to be my weekly treat.

Bread is such a trigger for me that it would be good to try and ditch it (along with cereal, howeevr 'healthy' my choice is).

Today- interval cardio. The problem with ramping up the cardio and weights a bit is that my appetite is enormous! I need a way to deal with this, particularly at night when i feel super-hungry. I think I may have to dial the intensity down on 'off' days although I really don't work out that hard on non-TT days, I don't think.

I am going back to using the scales; but in quite an emotionless way. I know they don't tell the full picture but they will give me some idea of progress over time, I hope. I got weighed today and it was less than I thought so that gives me a baseline to work from (137, which for my height and build is OK).

I think 130 would be a good target, maybe 128. I had months at 128 and did get to 124 but that was far too hard to maintain and I was bordering on the 'bubblehead' look as I have so little muscle. So maybe 128 depleted would be a good target, which gives me wiggle room for bloat etc.

Then I will start to consider serious muscle-building in the new year.

Right- this evening I will look at everyone's logs, promise! Very tired today as I stayed up to listen to Andy Murray in the US Open (2am here by the time it ended). Zzzzzz.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 AM

Thats one of my problems.........blast myself with a morning workout and then pig out after dinner(supper).........I am working hard on it, but it takes some doing.......you know you are sabatoging yourself too, but sometimes you seem powerless to stop it!.....You are not alone!!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 PM

I have a few suggestions for avoiding the post-dinner eating. Many of these are obvious, but I've found they do work. The first is don't eat dinner too early - if you do this and then you're up late, it sets you up for becoming "snack happy". The other suggestion is to allow yourself once or twice a week to have a smoothie (with protein, of course) which will feel like a treat. I sometimes do this on workout days, or days where snacks seem to call me more. Other things are to eat enough fruit and veggies during the day, to include a decent source of protein in your evening meal, and to drink enough water throughout the day. The rest of it is psychological. Convince yourself that you can do it. Keep yourself busy (avoid "triggers" - for some, watching TV is a trigger). And then of course you can always just floss and brush your teeth after dinner, which signals that this is the end of your eating for the day. Good luck!