TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2014, 10:51 PM

I know what you mean. John is a funny guy but sometimes he is over the top. I do like him though. I think he means well. As a recovering potty mouth, myself included, we should try to avoid situations that involve such language. According to a close friend of mine, He said "I talk like a sailor." Well, my grandfather was a sailor. LOL. Maybe that explains it or it was all those action movies I watched as a kid. : ) . I am originally from Texas but now reside in Indonesia. What city are you living in? I am from San Antonio area. I lived in San Antonio off and on for 8 years.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:29 AM

Smile The Stars at Night Are Big and Bright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla-Strength View Post
I know what you mean. John is a funny guy but sometimes he is over the top. I do like him though. I think he means well. As a recovering potty mouth, myself included, we should try to avoid situations that involve such language. According to a close friend of mine, He said "I talk like a sailor." Well, my grandfather was a sailor. LOL. Maybe that explains it or it was all those action movies I watched as a kid. : ) . I am originally from Texas but now reside in Indonesia. What city are you living in? I am from San Antonio area. I lived in San Antonio off and on for 8 years.
Awesome! I grew up in and around Houston. I left in 94. We are stationed here for 2 years on Galveston Island, but live on the mainland close to NASA. I'll be spending all day next Saturday in San Antonio chaperoning a field trip to Fiesta Texas. I've not been to San Antonio in 20 years. We've tried a couple time to get stationed over seas. The closest we ever came was the Caribbean. (not complaining!) Thanks again for all the tip. When I get through the books currently on my list, I may check his out. I'm not Tim Ferris' biggest fan, but I did learn a lot from 4 Hour Body. It at least got me pointed in the right direction of minimalist exercise.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:36 AM

Smile Cheat Day!!

Although I started the contest on Saturday, I started dieting and the next group of workouts on Monday. I'm down 3 lbs and already feel stronger. Shaun insists I take a cheat day. Who am I to argue with the expert?! I'm not going to overdo it. I'm not going to graze either. I'll probably just have 2 meals. One with dessert. We usually have breakfast for dinner on Sundays. I'll be having g-free maple pecan pancakes and bacon. I can't have gluten even on a cheat day. I wake up feeling like I got hammered AND hit by a train. Hope everyone enjoys the day. It is ,amazingly, still spring in Texas. Any minute it will be 100 degrees w/100% humidity so I'm going to spend most of the day outside! Leslie

Last edited by LeslieM : 05-05-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:04 AM

Smile Day 3

My cheat day was quite nice. I had a tiny amount of weight gain this morning(less than 1 lb). Now we'll see if my weight loss does in fact rev up like it's supposed to. I imagine that means I have to be a good girl and follow the diet today and work my tail off on the workouts. I believe today is the dead lift day. Those are fun and I really look like I know what I'm doing!

Personal Goal Update:
1.I'm almost finished with Man's Search for Meaning. Tomorrow or Wednesday I'll start the Creating a Life Plan curriculum.

2. I'll be learning and practicing Mary Had a Little Lamb on my whistle! I wonder if Beethoven and Bach started with Mary Had a Little Lamb? I'm pretty sure Mozart just skipped right to concertos.

Oh! And this time 15 years ago I was giving birth! Beethoven,Bach and Mozart can't list that as an accomplishment!!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
My cheat day was quite nice. I had a tiny amount of weight gain this morning(less than 1 lb). Now we'll see if my weight loss does in fact rev up like it's supposed to. I imagine that means I have to be a good girl and follow the diet today and work my tail off on the workouts. I believe today is the dead lift day. Those are fun and I really look like I know what I'm doing!

Personal Goal Update:
1.I'm almost finished with Man's Search for Meaning. Tomorrow or Wednesday I'll start the Creating a Life Plan curriculum.

2. I'll be learning and practicing Mary Had a Little Lamb on my whistle! I wonder if Beethoven and Bach started with Mary Had a Little Lamb? I'm pretty sure Mozart just skipped right to concertos.

Oh! And this time 15 years ago I was giving birth! Beethoven,Bach and Mozart can't list that as an accomplishment!!
I don't know about Mary Had a Little Lamb, but my son started with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on violin in the fall and is now playing Minuets!

Happy Birthday to whichever child (children? I know you have twins) was born 15 years ago!

You are the only person here to read up on right now! Going solo on the contest journals - so odd! I haven't decided if I'm going to start a thread here or not. Clearly I'm not competing since no pro category - which is fine-don't need a contest to make progress, although it does create a certain mindset which is why I may decide to come over here and start a thread. I'm kind of getting used to posting in the other area, though, and it's a little less intense over there with trying to keep up my posts. I haven't felt like posting everyday these past few weeks (too busy) and I feel like I need to post almost daily when I'm sitting over here in the contest thread...

Old 05-05-2014, 01:42 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
I don't know about Mary Had a Little Lamb, but my son started with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on violin in the fall and is now playing Minuets!

Happy Birthday to whichever child (children? I know you have twins) was born 15 years ago!

You are the only person here to read up on right now! Going solo on the contest journals - so odd! I haven't decided if I'm going to start a thread here or not. Clearly I'm not competing since no pro category - which is fine-don't need a contest to make progress, although it does create a certain mindset which is why I may decide to come over here and start a thread. I'm kind of getting used to posting in the other area, though, and it's a little less intense over there with trying to keep up my posts. I haven't felt like posting everyday these past few weeks (too busy) and I feel like I need to post almost daily when I'm sitting over here in the contest thread...
I hope someone joins me! I can't handle the pressure! My daughter started with the twinkles too. I assume he's doing Suzuki? She went all the way through Suzuki. We loved it. The 15 y/o is the child that takes almost all of my parenting energy. At 18 months, I wasn't sure he would make it to 3. He was already swan-diving out of his crib.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:58 AM

Default I'll be in tomorrow :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post

I am going to officially start tomorrow so I can finish on my son's birthday

Another one of my sons just started violin lessons. He is super excited. In the fall I am going to join the community orchestra with him. That will be fun. A friend of mine plays trumpet in the community orchestra as well.
Shawn
Old 05-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Smile Day 4

Weight was up this morning. After the 1st 14 day cycle I will decide if a cheat meal instead of entire day would work better. Today's exercise will be a quick walk in the sun.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Weight was up this morning. After the 1st 14 day cycle I will decide if a cheat meal instead of entire day would work better. Today's exercise will be a quick walk in the sun.
Hi Leslie. Don't sweat the daily changes in your weight. Actually, I would recommend not to weight yourself in a daily basis but once a week instead.

Keep pushing. You're doing a great job!

Last edited by eduardo84 : 05-06-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:36 PM

Smile

Thanks Eduardo! I am a scale addict!